Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 01:33 PM

862 posts, read 519,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I've argued this exact same point before. Every minority group in existence gets to decide what offends them, but Jews get told what can and cannot offend them by everyone else that isn't Jewish. It's like the UN. Who knew when they got their charter that the mission of the organization was to condemn Israel every other day?

Democrats love thinking they are the arbiters of all things victimhood, as if they and only they have some sort of special franchise on the entire victim narrative. Sanders is full of crap, as is anyone who is in the party that defends Omar and Tlaib, both of whom were raised in the same anti Semitic indoctrination system that is modern Islam. Also, this is the same party that whitewashed Sharpton's "kill the Jews" legacy in the Crown Heights riot and the "we’re going to burn and loot the Jews" fun that burned Freddy's Fashion mart to the ground and left 7 dead. At every turn, Democrat anti Semites get their comments massaged, whitewashed, pled down, etc, and then the inevitable "but look over there at the Republicans being bad anti Jew monsters!!!" distractions happen, just like Sanders last night.

It's one of the worst things about the collectivist groupings people use for this insane construct called government. Not only do you get told which group you must belong to, you are told that if you refuse membership, you are betraying your own "identity" that you never actually chose, but was assigned to you.
Perfectly said.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:55 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Ah....a liberal calls me out by name.

You saw my response upthread. I have pointed out that anti-Israel threads veer off, without fail, to criticize Jews and Judaism, with some distinctly antisemitic comments included. If there is no correlation between condemning Israel and disdain for Jews, why then does every single thread devolve into some pretty hateful remarks about Jews and nasty Old Testament quotes?

As to where I am, I am on a wonderful vacation and thus will not be actively engaged in this thread, much as the OP and you are trying to incite me. It’s simply too nice here to ruin my relaxing time.
As coincidence would have it, I too was away from emails and off traveling, enjoying some holiday visiting time with family plus birthday celebration. (My sister was born on Christmas Eve and we all went down to L.A. to celebrate her 60th). Then Disneyland on Sunday. All making for a great long weekend away...

Also with hardly a moment to comment in this thread again now, since we're off in minutes to collect our dog from the doggy hotel. I haven't even had the chance to read through all the thread before getting to this comment that makes me want to stop here and now, before I am out of time to reply that yet again we have a perfect example of how the facts can be twisted and misrepresented to suit one's undying agenda!

I had no thoughts about you personally when I started this thread, but I was reminded when someone else mentioned your name, and always my point has been as also demonstrated here; legitimate criticism of Israeli policy can never go at all far before the issue of antisemitism derails that discussion one way or another. That has been and still is the point Sanders is also always trying to remind every one, especially fellow Jews. Most especially for those who either have obvious intentions to apply that "creepy" tactic in order to prevent such discussion and/or because they simply don't realize this is always what they are doing.

Seems appropriate to add that my thoughts and the world do not revolve around you as it seems all too many people also need to be reminded...

Last edited by LearnMe; 12-24-2019 at 10:04 AM..

Old 12-24-2019, 10:06 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As coincidence would have it, I too was off traveling, enjoying some holiday visiting with family and birthday celebration (my sister was born on Christmas Eve and we all went down to celebrate her 60th). Great time...

Also with hardly a moment to comment in this thread again now, since we're off in minutes to collect our dog from the doggy hotel. I haven't even had the chance to read through all the thread before getting to this comment that makes me want to stop here and now, before I can't reply that yet again we have a perfect example of how the facts can be twisted and misrepresented to suit one's undying agenda!

I had not thoughts about you personally when I started this thread, but I was reminded when someone else mentioned your name, and always my point has been as also demonstrated here that legitimate criticism of Israeli policy can never go at all far before the issue of antisemitism derails that discussion one way or another. Especially by those who have obvious intentions to apply that tactic in order to accomplish exactly that and/or because they simply don't realize this is always what they are doing.
As I have said a zillion times, whenever anyone starts a thread criticizing Israel, it devolves into anti-Semitic comments about Jews, with sarcastic comments about the "Chosen People" and nasty quotes from the Old Testament to show Jews in a bad light. There is no way to claim that condemnation of Israel is unrelated to antisemitism when the very fact that anti-Semites flock to it with their nasty comments proves the correlation.

I'll lay it out for you real clearly:

Poster 1 says something like: Israel is acting like terrorists! Those poor Palestinians are completely blameless. (This comment, although wrong and harsh, is focused on the country.)
Poster 2 says something like: Well, no wonder. Just look at the Old Testament and read their horrible bible verses. (This comment is criticizing the Jewish religion.)

And in another thread, YOU were one of the ones who quoted OT verses, at length if I recall correctly, demonstrating disdain and disapproval of the Jewish religion.

Old 12-24-2019, 03:21 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
And in another thread, YOU were one of the ones who quoted OT verses, at length if I recall correctly, demonstrating disdain and disapproval of the Jewish religion.
He's also the one who's complained about Jews being over-represented in society and that he's sick of hearing about Jews everywhere he goes. So what does he do? He starts another thread about Jews!

Old 12-24-2019, 04:13 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
As coincidence would have it, I too was away from emails and off traveling, enjoying some holiday visiting time with family plus birthday celebration. (My sister was born on Christmas Eve and we all went down to L.A. to celebrate her 60th). Then Disneyland on Sunday. All making for a great long weekend away...

Also with hardly a moment to comment in this thread again now, since we're off in minutes to collect our dog from the doggy hotel. I haven't even had the chance to read through all the thread before getting to this comment that makes me want to stop here and now, before I am out of time to reply that yet again we have a perfect example of how the facts can be twisted and misrepresented to suit one's undying agenda!

I had no thoughts about you personally when I started this thread, but I was reminded when someone else mentioned your name, and always my point has been as also demonstrated here; legitimate criticism of Israeli policy can never go at all far before the issue of antisemitism derails that discussion one way or another. That has been and still is the point Sanders is also always trying to remind every one, especially fellow Jews. Most especially for those who either have obvious intentions to apply that "creepy" tactic in order to prevent such discussion and/or because they simply don't realize this is always what they are doing.

Seems appropriate to add that my thoughts and the world do not revolve around you as it seems all too many people also need to be reminded...

i have been trying to learn about the drama in the middle-east as of late...
first of all since Israel DOES exist i would say it is beneficial to the US to have good or even very good relations with them my reason being is that they most probably have a western mindset more-so than the Arabs that surround them..however in today's fast paced modern world this to maybe changing...

the Jewish people themselves have debated the wisdom and differences between judism and Zionism for a century..i dont know the percentages of each variation of jewish faith but no group is monolithic in this world
my current level of learning has brought me to the point that the average Israeli citizen is blacked out from news reports as to what solders actually do within the Palestinian zones..
now are some Palestinians bomb throwers..YES

bulldozing house started with the British bulldozing Arab houses pre 1948

was prime minister begin a member of the terrorist group who bombed and killed 88 British civilians also a yes

as everywhere else in this world there is enough dirt for all sides

Old 12-24-2019, 07:19 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
I've been constantly accused of absentism.

Well, I deny it!

Old 12-24-2019, 10:02 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,769,934 times
Rudy Colludy just went on a nasty antisemitic rant. Disgusting.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:57 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Rudy Colludy just went on a nasty antisemitic rant. Disgusting.
Anything new since the Soros comments last week?

Old 12-25-2019, 12:52 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Democrats have a shocking blind spot on this issue. Even when it's right in their collective face they stick to the Narrative.

Quote:
In the past few days, Democrats have lined up to praise the legacy of Al Sharpton.

Democratic presidential front-runner Joe Biden called him a "champion in the fight for civil rights." Sen. Elizabeth Warren declared he "has dedicated his life to the fight for justice for all." Sen. Kamala Harris said Sharpton "has spent his life fighting for what's right and working to improve our nation, even in the face of hate."

For those who were too young or who grew up outside of the New York area, Sharpton may be just a standard issue liberal activist or goofy television personality. But in reality, Sharpton is much more sinister than that: he is a vile Jew hater with blood on his hands.

Because the media and other politicians have spent decades rehabilitating his image and sanitizing his record, it becomes important, every so often, to remind everybody who he really is.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...se-al-sharpton

Old 12-25-2019, 09:41 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
As I have said a zillion times, whenever anyone starts a thread criticizing Israel, it devolves into anti-Semitic comments about Jews, with sarcastic comments about the "Chosen People" and nasty quotes from the Old Testament to show Jews in a bad light. There is no way to claim that condemnation of Israel is unrelated to antisemitism when the very fact that anti-Semites flock to it with their nasty comments proves the correlation.

I'll lay it out for you real clearly:

Poster 1 says something like: Israel is acting like terrorists! Those poor Palestinians are completely blameless. (This comment, although wrong and harsh, is focused on the country.)
Poster 2 says something like: Well, no wonder. Just look at the Old Testament and read their horrible bible verses. (This comment is criticizing the Jewish religion.)

Wrong again...

I can't speak for everyone who has their own way of criticizing Israeli policy. Good, bad or ugly. Of course there are those who want to discuss the legitimate reasons for the criticism in mature, intelligent and civil manner, because it is important to protest wrong-doing. Then too there are those who are antisemitic, and they also derail the discussion just like you do. All who immediately focus on antisemitism rather than the legitimate reasons to criticize Israeli policy. Ultimately, I refer back to the article I used to start this thread and/or what Sanders says!

I was not the one who quoted the OT verses. Someone else did. So YOU do not recall correctly. Someone who likes to post those versus with disdain did so, but I did note their comment and those verses as I considered them in similar objective critical fashion. It may be that I demonstrate disdain far as you are concerned, but I would also call it legitimate criticism, and for good reason. Not disapproval of only Jewish religion but all religion. You can't accept that because again, you seem to think the world revolves around your religion. So you see everything as antisemitic. I see it more like Bernie Sanders does.

The more you try to lay it out "real clearly," the more YOU demonstrate exactly why there is the legitimate criticism that exists and persists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies