Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2019, 11:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
1-20-2015

POTUS Trump, a 2 termer, will retire, and POTUS Pence will be sworn in, with a Bible held by SC associate Amy Barrett.
Do you hope a President Pence will see to it that the Feds will hold massive raids in every state where marijuana is legal in any way and totally shut it down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2019, 12:41 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Trump gets another term, THAT will be the insanitymaker of the century.

Other scenarios, Trump getting booted, legit or illegit, it will also be bad, very bad.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:53 PM

2,538 posts, read 1,909,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Newt Gingrich also warrants a large page in the history books for the issues in our country, IMHO. Newt Gingrich turned partisan battles into bloodsport, wrecked Congress, and paved the way for Trump's rise!
I used to live in Newt Gingrich's district in Georgia, later "represented" by the former Trump Swamp inhabitor Tom Price. Solid Republican and I never thought that would change. Then my county went for Hillary in 2016 and the House district flipped in 2018, electing Lucy McBath. The right-wingers may want to deny the 2018 and 2019 electoral writing on the wall, but it is there.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:57 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If he's impeached and removed, it will be a leftist coup. There's no crime that Trump could commit that his supporters would accept as a legitimate reason for impeachment and removal. If he loses in 2020, he will claim the loss illegitimate and half the country will back him up, refusing to accept he defeat and if the Democratic victor is inaugurated, it will be declared a leftist coup. If the unthinkable happens, he will be a martyr and that will mean certain civil war. If he goes of natural causes/old age, there will be a big conspiracy that half the country would believe and that could also spark civil war.

Question is, is there any way Trump leaves office without it becoming a serious national crisis?

Of course, most people believe it's impossible for him to lose and that he'll serve until 2025 no matter what, but what if that doesn't happen? There's always "what ifs."
you may have one, I won"t. Trump will be a squashed dog poo on the Highway of History.
Perhaps you should get your AR15 and head for the bunker

Old 12-25-2019, 01:14 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
I don't think you will see a civil war in this country until the Democrats go for gun confiscation nation wide.

Old 12-25-2019, 01:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Cult? How about a little respect for your fellow Americans? Just because we don't agree with your views does not make us a cult any more than the Obama followers of their time. Cult is just a nasty, hateful word to use.

It's utter nonsense that any so-called hate groups have been encouraged by Trump. What I wouldn't give if you and yours would stop with your own hatred. Maybe we could be more united as society without that.
Hey OG. I notice you jump a fence both ways.

Old 12-25-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
There will be a lot less division and the government will return to normalcy once the Christian Right is no longer holding it hostage. It will just take another decade or so.

I know one that will fight if you say Jesus wasn't White and had Blue eyes.

Old 12-25-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
We'll have one if the dems start trying to take away our guns
I have been wanting some more guns. PM me you're address so I can send someone over to pick them up.
P.S. Please provide a written inventory and ammo for each.

10,454 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
If he's impeached and removed, it will be a leftist coup. There's no crime that Trump could commit that his supporters would accept as a legitimate reason for impeachment and removal. If he loses in 2020, he will claim the loss illegitimate and half the country will back him up, refusing to accept he defeat and if the Democratic victor is inaugurated, it will be declared a leftist coup. If the unthinkable happens, he will be a martyr and that will mean certain civil war. If he goes of natural causes/old age, there will be a big conspiracy that half the country would believe and that could also spark civil war.

Question is, is there any way Trump leaves office without it becoming a serious national crisis?

Of course, most people believe it's impossible for him to lose and that he'll serve until 2025 no matter what, but what if that doesn't happen? There's always "what ifs."
If we have a civil war, it will have nothing to do with Trump. It's going to be all on the democrats who keep making laws that are chipping away constitutional rights, and then threaten with using military action on police and citizens who refuse to obey like what is happening in VA right now with gun confiscation orders .

18,358 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I don't think you will see a civil war in this country until the Democrats go for gun confiscation nation wide.
Their attempts in VA just may trigger one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies