Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 10:32 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Won’t affect me one bit. However what is really crazy is the fact that by putting these tampon machines in the rest room we as a society are validating mentally ill peoples irrational thoughts. Imagine a doctor telling the crazy man...yes you really are Napoleon Bonaparte, you look good in that uniform Napoleon. Go ahead and wander the streets like that. This is what I find ridiculous, the fact that so many people will not see reality.
Long leap...

Is food delivery validating those who are scared to leave their homes. Condom distribution doesn't validate promiscuity. I'm pretty sure a transgendered person knows they are transgendered... no validation required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 10:42 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
When a venerated organization (untl recently anyway) like the ACLU tries to tell us that "simple little box" is a civil right, I think people deserve some lattitude to tell them to bugger off. So again I ask why you're mystified by the pushback against the agitators and not the push by the agitators themselves.
me too. anxiously awaiting a response to this. maybe the fragile one can chime in as well.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:44 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Long leap...

Is food delivery validating those who are scared to leave their homes. Condom distribution doesn't validate promiscuity. I'm pretty sure a transgendered person knows they are transgendered... no validation required.
Ummm .... validation? Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiOjhkiuhw

Old 12-20-2019, 10:45 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
I self identify as someone who refuses to get outraged about something that has no effect on my life.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:00 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It affects all of us for the very reason you just mentioned.

Could you imagine an anorexic being told, yes you are hugely fat. GO run 5 miles. You shouldn't eat today, I TOTALLY agree with you.

If any MD gave that advice? They'd be in jail.
No, it really doesn’t affect you. At. All.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I self identify as someone who refuses to get outraged about something that has no effect on my life.
What’s it like to be so triggered by a metal box in a bathroom, I wonder? Can you imagine living like that? Miserable people.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:03 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That video again... how original?

Any sane person would know that that person has more problems than being transgendered... Plenty of straight people with anger issues. Plenty videos of non-transgendered individuals throwing stupid hissy fits.

The vast majority of the LGBTQ population aren't that nutz nor need validation.

Would you like me to post a white supremacist being violent and say all white people are racists... of course not.

Try again. Long leap... its actually a play on emotional reasoning which is a weak argument.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

I pissed myself laughing. Really, I peed a little.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:17 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No, it really doesn’t affect you. At. All.
It affects everyone by perpetuating the lie that men get periods.

It's not good for society to keep pretending lies are truths. It changes reality.

Old 12-20-2019, 11:17 AM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
For those saying this has no affect on anyone. Do you believe changing societal norms and priorities have no affect on individuals? That we should not concern ourselves with laws and policies and standards being passed that seem useless or frivolous or unimportant especially when there are greater needs and concerns elsewhere.
Shouldn't lawsuits and legislation actually address a significant need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies