Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 09:15 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Scratch off the USMCA, Nancy has taken credit for the USMCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NP is off her rocker.

Expect more delusional proclamations and endorsement by the media propaganda machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 09:57 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
He totally blew up the budget though. So much for his promise to eliminate the deficit and start paying down the debt.
"He totally blew up the budget though."

ALL spending bills ORIGINATE in the HOUSE with the DEMS control.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You think so huh? Then what happened from 2016-2018 when Republicans controlled both bodies of congress and the presidency? They pass a huge tax cut and blow up the deficit even worse than it was under Obama.
After the tax cuts went into EFFECT, revenues INCREASED. you can whine and cry all you want and it won't change that.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If the economy is doing well should the president get a free pass on criminal acts?
Name the "criminal acts". If there were ANY, the dem controlled House would have included them in their impeachment.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Actually I wasn't but since your asking, Yes I could by a mile.
Apparently I trigger people without trying, I was asking just asking a simple question.

Some people are wayyy to sensitive these days, i read the list and agree with it, but I though seeing a comparison would be interesting. Pick another Republican if you like I don't care, I like history and a concise list like the one linked works well.
"but I though seeing a comparison would be interesting." The left constantly says he has done NOTHING.

It is NOT a comparison of what has been done. If he did just 1 THING, it would debunk the dems claims.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
I didn't look at the list of likely bloated lies....

Sure, the clown has done a lot...of damage....long term...to our Nation.

On the legislative front? He passed a Tax Bill which shoved it down the throats of the middle class while adding a TRILLION $$$ to the Federal Deficit...after selling it to Congress that the economic boom would more than pay for the cut in Federal Receipts.

How's that working out?

I suspect he is also touting the stock market...just ask about the latest 3/4 of a Trillion $$$ in new QE disguised as "year end liquidity in the repo market".

Simple man thinks in a linear mode while the world operates in multi dimensional mode. But his supporters believe it all without thinking about the consequences....until the water washes up on he back porch, for example.
"I didn't look at the list of likely bloated lies.." Are you going run to your safe place with your crayons and call your therapist because you can't handle ALL thaty he HAS done?

Old 12-19-2019, 12:41 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
Okay, to satisfy y'all, I opened the list.

Pfft...

Nothing much there that isn't routine.

We need real action on Medical Care, Environment, Energy, Immigration, Education, Taxes, Budgets, Deficits, Trade, Allies, Nuclear Proliferation, Domestic Spending/Infrastructure and Jobs.

Tearing something down and then offering a solution which was as before, like USMCA, is nothing much to crow about. Ditto China.

Destroying every trade deal, pissing off all of our former allies and pulling out of every environmental agreement is not exactly "progress".

It wasn't exactly clever to go mess with North Korea and get spun around and sent home like a top. Ditto Iran.

We will recover from the dotard's "successes" but it will take decades. History will remember this experiment by Putin as a very dark hour for America. Pray god we have enough patriots (not the phony folks that show up at his KKK rallies with the red "Made In China" hats) left to bring us back from this attempt at destroying our Democracy.

As one former President said to me way back when the con descended , we have to trust that our Constitution is strong enough to get us through this kind of assault. If not, then we will have failed as an experiment in Democracy.

True that.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:54 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"He totally blew up the budget though."

ALL spending bills ORIGINATE in the HOUSE with the DEMS control.
The budget originates with the White House. https://www.usa.gov/budget

Old 12-19-2019, 01:18 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
After the tax cuts went into EFFECT, revenues INCREASED. you can whine and cry all you want and it won't change that.
If you are implying that the tax cuts were a net positive for the federal budget you are absolutely nuts, and factually wrong.

It also needs to be pointed out that Trump and the GOP majorities in the house and senate from 2016-2018 approved dramatic increases in spending along with the tax cuts. The end result was a massive deficit which is unacceptable during a time of economic expansion.

I’m sorry the facts aren’t agreeable to you.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:22 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
He totally blew up the budget though. So much for his promise to eliminate the deficit and start paying down the debt.
Yea but deficits only matter when Democrats run the show. Right now it’s all about keeping brown people out and trolling Democrats.

This country is going downhill fast. The future of Idiocracy is coming at us fast.

First we had Bush, then we have Trump, next Beavis and Butthead will be our Presidents at this rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies