Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 12:27 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Vladimir Putin Backs Trump, Calling Impeachment Charges 'Completely Made Up'

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/19/78971...letely-made-up

Let's see if Moscow Mitch agrees
Did you read the article. I'm guessing not. Because if you did, you would find that it slams the Democrats for what they did.

<crickets>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 12:29 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If pelosi had to get through impeachment due to national security, then why wait to send it to the senate? Must not have been that important....
Good question.

If Trump was such a threat to national security surely she would not be sitting idly by with her articles of impeachment twiddling her thumbs?

Guess that was all a great big lie.

Old 12-19-2019, 12:43 PM

589 posts, read 299,875 times
The whole DNC is just a FAIL!

We got Trump, wait till Comey's testimony - FAIL!
No, seriously, we got him this time with Mueller Report - FAIL!
No we're REALLY REALLY serious this time and got him with Russia Russia Russia - FAIL!
Ok, we're REALLY REALLY REALLY serious with Ukraine Ukraine - FAIL!
Ok, let's see.... we'll just vote to impeach with no evidence to show the crimes were done by the President but only shown the Dems were the ones that are guilty of those crimes and since we have majority in the House to get the votes, lets impeach- FAIL!

There is no way to take these loony Left seriously and they are only wasting tax payers money and time by only focusing on trying to impeach and remove Trump at all cost. FAIL!

Old 12-19-2019, 12:46 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
I never listen to McConnell when he speaks, or Trump either for that matter. I already know what they're going to say.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:13 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I'm not a Democrat. I don't care if you bash them as long as you do it in an intellectually honest way.
Don't hold your breath for that to occur.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:22 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,364,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Based on the transcript, no crimes, no evidence of crimes. Hearsay, third party, gossip and accusations are the foundation of the impeachment. Add Democrat rage and hate for Trump, and the recipe for their wreckless action is impeachment.

All US Presidents have had to do things that Schiff & Nadler would've clutched their pearls at and screamed "impeach!" But thank God those idiots are not in charge.

This whole thing was a situation Democrats were on the edge of their seats watching Trump like a hawk, in order to "get him" on anything.

It's a political sham fueled by hate and rage.

The Democrat's error here is assuming the American public buys their BS and "sad/solemn" reasoning for impeaching.

The somewhat fascinating thing here is that the Democrat's rage with impeachment, will most likely help Trump's re-election in 2020.
So for the record you see no problem with a sitting president asking a foreign leader to investigate and announce investigations of domestic political rivals correct? This is an indisputable fact at this point.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:32 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Note how the Republican continue to attack the process, not the actual charges. The reason there wasn't more of a trial is precisely why he was impeached for obstruction of justice. There was still enough information to successfully impeach DJT.

Heh, you're funny. I hope Nancy pockets this impeachment until the Democrats get control of the Senate. To my knowledge there's no expiration date.
the Republicans have consistently said there was no crime. The Republicans have pointed to Turley's testimony, where he said "going to the courts is not obstruction".

And I could be wrong, but I don't see the Dems gaining ~20 Senate seats of 33 up for vote in 2020. Most of them are in the South and "flyover country" that was consistently red in 2016. Maybe you'll compare the states to any of the 2016 election map and tell us differently.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:33 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
“We’re going to actively work with the defendant regarding how to hold the trial.”

Said no impartial body ever...

Except Mitch McConnell... He’s so impartial openly declaring he isn’t even though he’ll have to take an oath saying he is before it starts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Just like Trump, McConnell is crapping all over the Constitution and all of their supporters approve of it just to stick it to them liberals. Sad.
McConnell has been wiping his *** with the constitution for years.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:34 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the Republicans have consistently said there was no crime. The Republicans have pointed to Turley's testimony, where he said "going to the courts is not obstruction".
To what Court did Trump go to seek an injunction blocking the subpoenas?

Old 12-19-2019, 01:38 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
When was that allowed in a court of law.

GTFOH. You are a partisan. One rule for Democrats, different rule for the GOP.
I don't understand your question. Second, I gave examples of looking at Democrats and Republicans. What I think you're missing isn't based on Democrats or Republicans, it's literally based on past tense or future tense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies