Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 09:49 AM

39,205 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

I thought I'd never say this, but Democrats are not as dumb as you thought they were. They know exactly Trump won't be impeached, (will take too long to explain) this whole impeachment business is nothing but a show. Pretty pathetic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 10:03 AM

52,195 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I thought I'd never say this, but Democrats are not as dumb as you thought they were. They know exactly Trump won't be impeached, (will take too long to explain) this whole impeachment business is nothing but a show. Pretty pathetic
Yeah, it's a show and it's a tactic to try and stain the president for the upcoming election. It's also a way for ol' Nance to throw the far left in her crew a bone.

Clinton was impeached and it didn't do crap or harm him really. All impeachment means if ones is not thrown out is that they thought he did something wrong, and wanted to check him, that's all, it's no different than censure if he's not really removed from office. It's a way of harming him and putting an asterisk next to his name in the future.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Although I happen to agree with Geraldo on this, I still think he's a jerk, and I don't like him.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Silly analogy. Presidents don't get impeached for waging war on other countries. They get impeached for going to war without congressional approval. Supposedly.
Right, or abusing their power.

Trump doesn't understand or respect the limits to his power. I'm surprised Geraldo doesn't see that.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:14 AM

52,195 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Although I happen to agree with Geraldo on this, I still think he's a jerk, and I don't like him.
I thought he was a bit of a jerk when he was younger, I think he's mellowed out.

I'm old enough to remember the Al Capone's Vault fiasco.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:30 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Right, or abusing their power.

Trump doesn't understand or respect the limits to his power. I'm surprised Geraldo doesn't see that.
Withholding lethal military aid to a client angers imperialist even though its within his powers as president.

That is the only reason Pelosi cares, the establishment just needs to keep consumer products cheap so that they have a passive population, war and domestic crimes are just a means to an end.

Is congress out of bounds for supporting the patriots act? Oh wait, you don't care.

Don't speak about limits on power ever again if you are going to be a hypocrite.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:52 AM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That from him ? I thought he had flopped over to the left leaning crowd ?
He's a journalist, so he most likely leans left. But he seems to still have functioning logic and reason, so he's obviously not yet drank the liberal kool-aid. That stuff kills the logic part of your brain.

Old 12-19-2019, 03:50 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://twitter.com/GeraldoRivera/st...92697402368000

Absolutely devastating, democrats want to impeach a president for temporarily withholding military aid to a client state over corruption charges but when their leaders kill, rape, and lie it doesn't matter to them.

What was Nixon's (near) impeachment about? His criminal FBI program that broke the fourth amendment? illegally bombing Cambodia? Support of Genocide in Bangladesh?

No, it was about spying on the democratic party

Why was Clinton impeached? Because he knowingly bombed al shifa killing thousands due to lack of medical aid? No, it was about lying about an affair.

You people love your leaders, and you support whatever Nancy tells you to support. Average every day Americans are backwards people who hate Trump for no discernible reason.

Get a grip.
Well Clinton was impeached for lying under oath in the context of a sexual harassment case (the Jones case). It was at least a proven crime, but in retrospect I'd bet even many Republicans would agree that it was a mistake to impeach. They couldn't even get all Senate Republicans to vote for conviction.

But there at least was some there there. The Trump impeachment is absurd. There certainly was no crime, and depending on how you interpret the so-called transcript, there may have not even been any wrongful 'quid pro quo.'

They at least had the blue dress in the case of Clinton. In the case of Trump they have nothing.

BTW, to add to your list--JFK and RFK using the FBI to spy on MLK Jr. Never any talk of impeachment over that. And LBJ and Nixon running 'cointelpro' (spying and disruption of civil rights groups). Nope, no impeachment talk there either.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:02 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Well Clinton was impeached for lying under oath in the context of a sexual harassment case (the Jones case). It was at least a proven crime, but in retrospect I'd bet even many Republicans would agree that it was a mistake to impeach. They couldn't even get all Senate Republicans to vote for conviction.

But there at least was some there there. The Trump impeachment is absurd. There certainly was no crime, and depending on how you interpret the so-called transcript, there may have not even been any wrongful 'quid pro quo.'

They at least had the blue dress in the case of Clinton. In the case of Trump they have nothing.

BTW, to add to your list--JFK and RFK using the FBI to spy on MLK Jr. Never any talk of impeachment over that. And LBJ and Nixon running 'cointelpro' (spying and disruption of civil rights groups). Nope, no impeachment talk there either.
Yeah I agree, Trump didn't even lie under oath. They literally have nothing.

Old 12-19-2019, 07:11 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
you have 3 choices

vote for Trump
don't vote
vote for a candidate who wants to remove private health insurance and reform Medicare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies