Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 09:53 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,049,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Despite the so called blue wave of the midterms, the Democrats hold on the House is very tenuous at best. This impeachment was a gift to the Republicans.
Our votes for congress members are not only to represent their district or state but to also uphold their oath to protect our constitution. Democrats are willing to lose to protect what our founders wanted. How many republicans would put their job on the line for their belief....none. They are cowards that toe the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 09:56 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have resigned myself that the Dems very well may lose the house. I'm just glad they called Trump out on his abuse of power. Something that will stay with him and in the history books forever. They did the right thing. Elections change, Congress changes, but having that "I" after his name never will.
Clinton is well liked still despite being impeached. Did you know Andrew Johnson was impeached? And for what? Can you tell me without googling?

Impeachment is just a word and all it means more than half the house voted to impeach. It means nothing more than this. It doesn't mean he did anything wrong. It doesn't mean he isn't a good president. And the only people who think this is a "big deal" is your side. We, don't care. You can impeach him one million times. Go ahead.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:00 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,041,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
. Democrats are willing to lose to protect what our founders wanted.
I am a ok with Democrats losing.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:04 PM

8,959 posts, read 2,554,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Democrats are willing to lose
I'm glad they are willing to lose in an effort to be the corrupt partisans that the founders feared most....because them losing is exactly what needs to happen now. There needs to be severe consequences for those disgraceful actions so that future House majorities will think twice about doing the same.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:07 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Despite the so called blue wave of the midterms, the Democrats hold on the House is very tenuous at best. This impeachment was a gift to the Republicans.
Typically the President's party gets clocked in the mid terms and the Pub did in 2018 but nothing like the Dims got pummelled when Obama was Prez. But then there is a trend of a boomerang back to the party of the President in year 4....that's a great rend line for Republicans in 2020 and the Impeachment about nothing will help Republicans and Trump in 2020.

I think the Republicans odds of re-taking the House to be at least 50% in 2020.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:08 PM

1,362 posts, read 873,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Clinton is well liked still despite being impeached. Did you know Andrew Johnson was impeached? And for what? Can you tell me without googling?

Impeachment is just a word and all it means more than half the house voted to impeach. It means nothing more than this. It doesn't mean he did anything wrong. It doesn't mean he isn't a good president. And the only people who think this is a "big deal" is your side. We, don't care. You can impeach him one million times. Go ahead.
Cute. Your boy is asterisked. Just like Clinton. He is now forever tied to a Clinton. That's perfect.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:23 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'm glad they are willing to lose in an effort to be the corrupt partisans that the founders feared most....because them losing is exactly what needs to happen now. There needs to be severe consequences for those disgraceful actions so that future House majorities will think twice about doing the same.
Let me ask. Why was Trump allowed to meet with Putin without anyone else there. No one was there to take notes. So we have no idea what was said. Why has Trump fired most of his people he appointed who were excellent in their positions. Oh, because they disagreed with him. Trump has Rudy doing the duty work of dirt on Biden. Most of us on the east coast know Trump was nothing but a con man.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:33 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,498,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I have resigned myself that the Dems very well may lose the house. I'm just glad they called Trump out on his abuse of power. Something that will stay with him and in the history books forever. They did the right thing. Elections change, Congress changes, but having that "I" after his name never will.
Would you also apply that to Clinton, or does that not count because, behind the perjury, the ‘root’ is about sex ?

Old 12-19-2019, 10:38 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,988 times
Was not Andrew Johnson impeached for firing his secretary of war after congress passed legislation prohibiting a President for firing cabinet members without congressional approval? He survived conviction by one vote. SCOTUS later found the law unconstitutional.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:44 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,627 times
"29 Democrats in Trump districts voted for the coup, Republicans only need 18 seats to regain house."

Voted for the coup! Now there is an oxymoron for the history books!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies