Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2019, 08:27 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Yes, apocalyptic evangelical leaders, such as those you mentioned, will continue with their Trump adulation, as he is fulfilling their evangelical dreams. He is basically a means to an end that justifies all the hypocrisy of worshiping someone who has happily lived as a sinner his entire life.

These 'leaders' are seemingly divorced from, or giving low priority to, any real core beliefs or tenets of their 'religion' in favor of having all that they self-servingly want delivered. Some day in the future, people will look back on this time as one where the hellfire and brimstone promoters too heavily influenced US policy. Modern dark ages.
If we make it out of this. At this point I’ll be surprised if we aren’t full ‘A Handmaid’s Tale’ within the next decade. We’re going back to 1950s social order whether we like it or not.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:29 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Lol, liberals hoping anti-Trumpers writing newsletters will save them.... It ain't... Keep on being depressed....

Old 12-19-2019, 08:32 PM

171 posts, read 94,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I haven't heard good opinions of Christianity Today. Haven't even seen one for years, and that was in a dentist's office.

I believe CT is to Christians as Psychology Today is to psychologists. It doesn't carry any weight.
Its weight heavy with true facts

Old 12-19-2019, 08:36 PM

The bottom line, the constitution is above any party affiliation, not only for this administration but for all future administrations and all levels of government. Integrity, credibility, honesty is important

Old 12-19-2019, 08:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Yes, indeed, it does speak for itself. It shows you that I do not hold any politician in such cult-like reverence that I feel the need to start a constant stream of threads extolling how great they are. Like some people here do.
Talk is cheap.

You've made dozens of posts in this topic about Trump. Yet not one single post by you for your candidate in the topic discussing tonight's Democrat Debate on this forum. You candidate is on the stage. Why aren't you interested. You are here giving us your "wisdom" on what millions of Christians think of Trump. haha.

I'll help you out. It's right here.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...mber-19-a.html

Old 12-19-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Talk is cheap.

You've made dozens of posts in this topic about Trump. Yet not one single post by you for your candidate in the topic discussing tonight's Democrat Debate on this forum. You candidate is on the stage. Why aren't you interested. You are here giving us your "wisdom" on what millions of Christians think of Trump. haha.

Another post full of stupidity, I'm not a democrat!

Old 12-19-2019, 08:55 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMES67 View Post
Another post full of stupidity, I'm not a democrat!
That poster is not talking to you. What were you saying about stupidity?

Old 12-19-2019, 08:58 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post

Well there you have it, all the conservative far right Christians who follow him without any consideration for all the immoral things the man does should heed this call.
Then this comes out.

https://twitter.com/BrandonBeckham_/...38008390516736

/thread. haha

(democrats worried about moral behavior. oh my, the hypocrisy)

Old 12-19-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That poster is not talking to you. What were you saying about stupidity?
Waldos posts are full of speculation and guessing, without regard to facts. Plus I'm on the sauce tonight.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:07 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Talk is cheap.

Why can you not understand that some people do not hold politicians - even ones they like - in such cultish reverence that they feel the need to constantly and incessantly talk about how great that person is? You seem to be incapable of comprehending that some people's favoritism for politicians is more passive than your own. Just because you spend so much here constantly bragging about how great Trump is, does not mean everybody else wants to, or should, do the same thing for their own preferred candidates.

And as for debates, I absolutely cannot stand political debates. Can. Not. Stand. Not even ones with candidates I like. The whole format of the things is so fake and phony they make me want to vomit, and the candidates rarely actually address the questions they're asked, instead using the opportunity to blather some rhetoric or platitudes. So far I've managed to watch one full democratic debate and about half of another. And that's about all I care to bother with.

I might watch the two candidates square off in the fall, if indeed they do so. But to get me through those debates I have to make sure I watch them on an empty stomach.

Occasionally they have an entertaining moment or two. That's about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies