Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 05:28 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
As has been mentioned over and over again he is a habitual offender.

Are you just playing dumb or is there really something about that you don't understand?
Even if he was a habital offender if the flag he burnt was American, or one of the White countries like Canada or Britain, he would not have received any penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 05:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Guess I'll have to take that as a yes.
Guess we'll have to take this as your stubborn refusal to recognize facts.

Whether or not 3-strike laws are "good" or effective is a discussion for another thread and something for the local citizenry to decide.

Fact, this guy stole and destroyed church property.

Fact, this was a 3-strike felon.

Fact, as such, he gets a longer-than-typical prison sentence.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:07 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
Even if he was a habital offender if the flag he burnt was American, or one of the White countries like Canada or Britain, he would not have received any penalty.
It would since it was not his to burn. He destroyed stolen property. IF it had been his own flag he burned, and on his own property, there would have been no charges.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:44 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
Even the stupidest person on this board should know theft, destruction of property, arson and threats carry serious penalties.
As this thread proves, they don't. I don't know if they cannot comprehend that the facts are different from how their right winger media made them out to be or if they are just stupid. It's a toss up at this point

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 12-23-2019 at 08:34 AM..

Old 12-23-2019, 07:46 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
16 years for burning a flag is utterly ludicrous. While leftists burn the American flag and get zero time and zero penalty. Utter and complete BS. This is the new brutal and politically correct America. What the guy did is wrong and he should face consequences...but 16 years?? Even some murderers
get less time then this guy got.

Agreed. Dude should do 30-180 days in jail. Who the hell thinks this is appropriate?

Old 12-23-2019, 08:05 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Even the stupidest person on this board should know theft, destruction of property, arson and threats carry serious penalties.
show us another instance where theft/arson of a flag and threats carried a penalty even remotely as serious as this one.

we'll wait.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:08 AM

1,711 posts, read 808,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Guess we'll have to take this as your stubborn refusal to recognize facts.

Whether or not 3-strike laws are "good" or effective is a discussion for another thread and something for the local citizenry to decide.

Fact, this guy stole and destroyed church property.

Fact, this was a 3-strike felon.

Fact, as such, he gets a longer-than-typical prison sentence.

The only crime was theft of the flag. I cant imagine a value over $100. That isn't a felony.

30 days suspended, 40 hours community service and court costs and reporations to the church. Maybe a restraining order.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:15 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
The only crime was theft of the flag. I cant imagine a value over $100. That isn't a felony.

30 days suspended, 40 hours community service and court costs and reporations to the church. Maybe a restraining order.
that's what a reasonable sentence would look like. we don't even know what his prior offenses are, but i highly doubt they involved violence, or the state would eagerly be sharing them with us.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:21 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
First of all, I have to say that I am totally biased. I have NO sympathy for the arsonists. Do I think hate crime is totally ridiculous? In a way, yes.

All these bla blah being said, since this is a HABITUAL offender, and he cannot keep his hands off the lighters,he deserves to be put away FOREVER.

No need to argue with me, I've said I am biased. If he burned an american flag and is a HABITUAL offender, I'd say exactly the same thing. I have zero sympathy for the arsonists. Yikes. Go away already. Yes, it is just a flag, so don't be so triggered by the flag, if he was so triggered to a point he couldn't control himself, then putting him away doesn't seem like the excessive punishment for me. He only has himself to blame. Duh.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:35 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
If it had been the stars and stripes, they'd have set him up with sob story article, donation drive and judge would have congratulated him for being brave under oppression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies