Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So I was correct. They are following it, AND they have not voted to rescind it. But this isn't about the Senate at this point. It's about the House.

THEY HAVE NOT IMPEACHED TRUMP. Pelosi has screwed it up.

Did you not read? They haven't included Jefferson in their Senate manual since 1977.

It's also up to each chamber to determine if it is following it's own rules and that too is not reviewable.

It's only about the House if the Senate allows it to be about the House.

The Senate could make a statement tomorrow saying that they recognize the House's vote as an official impeachment of Trump and are setting the trial to begin Jan. 2, 2020. And there's not a dang thing the House or even SCOTUS can do about it. In fact, what could the House even attempt to do about it? Pass a resolution declaring that Trump has not actually been impeached and therefore there can be no trial? File a lawsuit with the courts declaring the same thing and ask for an injunction against a trial? You would have the House fighting to undo the impeachment and keep Trump in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 09:56 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You missed the word "trial" in my post. House has sole power to impeach, Senate has sole power to conduct the trial for it.
And you apparently missed the word "try" in my post which, in this context, means to conduct a trial.

Quote:
The Supreme Court has found that the Senate's "sole power" to try impeachments is not justiciable. Nixon v. United States (1993).
https://www.heritage.org/constitutio...11/impeachment

Old 12-20-2019, 09:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
So I'm guessing this was the whole point of discussion on talk radio yesterday afternoon and last night, since we have this onslaught of right wingers who want to somehow pretend that the vote to impeach didn't happen? You've taken your orange messiahs cue on habitual lying, saying the sky isn't blue. He's the 3rd President to be impeached. Get over it. He's not going to be removed, you'll still have his tweeting and insulting to denigrate the nations highest office for another year at least.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:58 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Did you not read? They haven't included Jefferson in their Senate manual since 1977.

It's also up to each chamber to determine if it is following it's own rules and that too is not reviewable.
Nice try, but no cigar. This isn't about the US Senate.

It's about the US House. THEY HAVE NOT IMPEACHED TRUMP. Read the topic title.

What part of that don't you get?

Old 12-20-2019, 09:58 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Posted earlier in this topic. Easy enough to search for my posts there. I said he wasn't impeached before the media started saying it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...fuse-send.html

Don't post an entire thread. Cite the specific parliamentary procedure that was violated.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:01 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Folks, there is one and only one reason Pelosi is delaying the articles. She wants to see some polls on how people feel about the impeachment vote. Polls were starting to show growing support for Trump during the process. Now that it is over and done, maybe they will show a shift back. Or maybe they will accelerate the increase in Trump support. If the former, she can submit promptly. If the latter, she can kill them and say they weren't trying to remove Trump from office before the election but just making a statement of disapproval. Pelosi knows she and her party are not in a good position right now and is waiting in the hope that it will get better. In other words, she has lost her ability to read the people and doesn't know what to do.
I don't think Pelosi is going to just say never mind. She and many of the Dems realize their vulnerabilities in the upcoming elections.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:01 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
At this point, good faith negotiations by both sides will get this done. If either side is going to stone wall, then we wait.

What's to negotiate?

The House presents the articles of impeachment that they voted on to the Senate and then they are out of the picture.

The way I see it, the genie is out of the bottle.

Next up is the subpoena of Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and Viktor Shokin.

Biden will be lucky to stay out of prison.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:02 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So I'm guessing this was the whole point of discussion on talk radio yesterday afternoon and last night, since we have this onslaught of right wingers who want to somehow pretend that the vote to impeach didn't happen? You've taken your orange messiahs cue on habitual lying, saying the sky isn't blue. He's the 3rd President to be impeached. Get over it. He's not going to be removed, you'll still have his tweeting and insulting to denigrate the nations highest office for another year at least.
Gaslighting is such an art form with these people.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:05 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
I couldnt care less if he's been Impeached, or not. He's still President, and that is all I care about. Nothing to see here.

Old 12-20-2019, 10:05 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Gaslighting is such an art form with these people.
Their entire media apparatus is built on it. These are the same fools who were sure Hillary Clinton would be in jail by now because Mark Levine or Michael Savage told them she would be. And they don't have the self awareness to look back at how stupid they were, they just stumble forward buying the same BS from the same people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies