Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that abortion is the most pressing issue that this country is currently facing?
Yes - I'm Pro-life 7 4.49%
Yes - I'm Pro-choice 4 2.56%
No - I'm Pro-life 44 28.21%
No - I'm Pro-choice 101 64.74%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 11:54 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I think it is the most important issue in general and that makes border security and immigration policy an even more important issue right now because poor immigrants mostly vote Democrat.

The only people who don't think abortion is important are people who themselves were not aborted. yet so eager to sign up other people for something that they would not want done to them.
Well, Hell, as full of hatred and evil the world is, I certainly wouldn't minded having been aborted. For that reason I have no desire to father children into such a world.

By the way, why the heck would I be eager to sign up someone for abortion?` A woman's unwanted pregnancy is certainly none of my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 11:57 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, the most important issue is to restore sanity in politics starting with the president. Everything else will follow from there.
I'm afraid there is political demand from Trump's followers for even more insanity from President Trump.

Old 12-21-2019, 12:27 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, Hell, as full of hatred and evil the world is, I certainly wouldn't minded having been aborted. For that reason I have no desire to father children into such a world.
This is really an interesting world view and I don't doubt you hold it sincerely. But by any measure, there has been no better time to be alive in the history of the planet. What would need to change for you consider procreating I wonder?

Old 12-21-2019, 12:38 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No, I don't think any objective person thinks it's the most important issue.

However, I do think that a person's stance on abortion tends to correlate with a lot of other things, and is an excellent indicator.

It's true that those who are opposed to the individual rights of a woman, tend to have bad attitudes about many other things. Often they stick their noses into other people's business and feel righteous for doing it.

Old 12-21-2019, 12:44 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The biggest issue is keeping girls from getting unecessarily knocked up. Solve that somehow, and abortion will be a non-issue.
Is not keeping boys from getting girls knocked up an equally big issue? Solve that somehow, and abortion will be a non-issue.

Old 12-21-2019, 02:07 AM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Is not keeping boys from getting girls knocked up an equally big issue? Solve that somehow, and abortion will be a non-issue.
I should have been more clear.
Yes half, literally half of that is due to boys.
Keep the boys from being knockers, and the girls from being knockees.

Old 12-21-2019, 02:47 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
No.
Yes- Pro choice
and pretty sure the Supreme court already ruled on abortion . So its silly to consider it an issue.

Its only an issue if (someone or some entity) doesn't come to accept the reality of that decision.

Old 12-21-2019, 02:50 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Absolutely not.

Many of the "people of faith" around here do, as they go to their $11/hr job with no health insurance in a broken down car while eating gas station food for dinner. It beggars belief.

Old 12-21-2019, 02:58 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Hate to burst your bubble again, but many are Pro Life, but realize that the Abortion issue is so emotionally polarizing that it is not the Hill to DIE ON in this political environment. Although the Democrats and MEDIA will tell you all Republicans want to overturn Roe v. Wade. Another LIE.

How's it feel to be constantly deceived?

Old 12-21-2019, 02:59 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Not even on most people’s radar, including mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Hate to burst your bubble again, but many are Pro Life, but realize that the Abortion issue is so emotionally polarizing that it is not the Hill to DIE ON in this political environment. Although the Democrats and MEDIA will tell you all Republicans want to overturn Roe v. Wade. Another LIE.

How's it feel to be constantly deceived?
I am pro-choice up to 20 weeks and then become pro-life. I agree with your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies