Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that abortion is the most pressing issue that this country is currently facing?
Yes - I'm Pro-life 7 4.49%
Yes - I'm Pro-choice 4 2.56%
No - I'm Pro-life 44 28.21%
No - I'm Pro-choice 101 64.74%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 08:27 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times

Advertisements

Abortion is a top 10 issue, and I am generally against it, but I do acknowledge that there is some benefit to society based on the data we see. Illegal immigration is another top 10 issue. "Global Warming" is at the bottom of a very long list for any thinking person.

The most pressing item is term limits for congress. ALL of those old folks on both sides of the aisle need to go away. 2 terms max for both houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 08:40 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
How about guys choosing to keep their pants on.
And how about women choosing to keep their pants on also? It's a two-way street, you know. If you can't keep your pants on then make sure you and/or your partner are using birth control if they don't want a pregnancy to occur.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:49 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Trump and the conservative issues he promotes, are seen by the Republicans as their last hope to maintain a political party with enough power to rule the rest of us. They are struggling for their own survival and have been willing to lower their standards. It's difficult for those who are outside of that faction, to understand what motivates them, as the decline they are causing will envelope them, as well as it will their opponents.
You just described the Democrats, not the Republicans. They are so desperate to maintain power that they are defying our immigration laws that they have sworn to uphold including being opposed to Voter ID laws. They are constantly pandering to minorities and SJWers with things that are not in the best interest of our country just for votes.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:51 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,856,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The biggest issue is keeping girls from getting unecessarily knocked up. Solve that somehow, and abortion will be a non-issue.
Interesting way of putting things. The burden for this relies entirely on the girls and keeping them from getting "unnecessarily knowcked up." What about the boys' role in the whole baby-making process? Do they have no responsibility to also not get girls "unnecessarily knocked up?"

Old 12-22-2019, 10:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Can't you be pro life AND pro choice?
I've asked that question at least 10 times in different threads .... and no prochoice or pro abortion poster will answer it.

Because the answer is no.

Pro choice = pro abortion. Period.

If you do not support/embrace abortion, you can never be considered part of the "pro choice" movement.

I support birth control, motherhood, abstinence and adoption. But I will never be considered pro choice by the pro choice feminists. Because I do not support abortion.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:21 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Only for the poor people who are being ripped out of their warm moist domiciles.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:40 PM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
How tough is it to take the pill? Isn't it free for poor people?

Old 12-22-2019, 04:59 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Simple yes or no. Is abortion the most important issue that the US is currently facing and are you pro-life or pro-choice?
You may present the question, but you don't get to dictate my answer being a "simple 'yes' or 'no'".

There are many issues that are "most" important. I'd count this as one of them.

Old 12-23-2019, 04:52 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And how about women choosing to keep their pants on also? It's a two-way street, you know. If you can't keep your pants on then make sure you and/or your partner are using birth control if they don't want a pregnancy to occur.
Can't for the most part get pregnant, without the guy. I get tired of the blame on girls and women.

Sometimes, thank you mam and the woman gets the brunt of raising the child for years and the guy is off Scott free. Of course the gals need to take responsibility.

It just seems like some men rant and rave about abortion, when they hold the key. Think and be responsible. Quit blaming the gals, it is a 2-way street, how many men are raped by women, for example????

Old 12-23-2019, 05:22 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
It IS high on the radar of most Christians.

Unlike many things the original poster thinks Christians worry about, he is correct on this one. It is viewed as infanticide. The whole Christians are all gung ho about anything to do with gays narrative is completely false. Most are too busy with real life to worry about gay people.

My church very openly and loudly and with a lot of money supports a home for women facing homelessness and pregnancy. This includes paying the hospital bills and job training.

No such efforts on the gay end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies