Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 04:23 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times

Advertisements

very few people are 100 percent one race or another most of us are mixtures like it or not

Old 12-21-2019, 04:42 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I notice something. The persons who seem to agree with Muhammad Ali the most are the ones who aren't fond of Blacks or Muslims. In years past, I would have considered this one of the most stunning contradictions ever. As my 30s rage on (I'm 33 years old), I'm understanding why. Those persons who like what Muhammad Ali had to say do so for this reason: They themselves are segregationists. Those said persons don't like Blacks. However, Black people like me are the ones they are going to butt heads with. I can be as integrationist as they come. I believe in Black people controlling the economics in their communities. I'm also pro-integration. I don't mesh with segregation. I understand what segregation is about. It isn't about "let's keep our race pure". It's about subjugation and treating people in society as if they are "less than". That is what Jim Crow was about. I've noticed this. White supremacists weren't afraid of Booker T. Washington, the man who said "we can be as separate as the fingers but one as the hand". The Dixiecrats weren't scared of Malcolm X. They were scared of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. They were scared of Dr. William Edward Burghardt DuBois. It's Black people who seek integration, who feel that people of all races have that potential to live together peacefully and respect one another.

I realize that Black separatists don't scare the bigots. Blacks like me are among those whom bigots find threatening.

Old 12-21-2019, 04:57 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Ummm OP, you do realize that his grandchildren are mixed race, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyvbui1q1u0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOa72BUAi0

Old 01-02-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ummm OP, you do realize that his grandchildren are mixed race, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyvbui1q1u0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvOa72BUAi0
Of course some people don't want to admit this.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:53 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I notice something. The persons who seem to agree with Muhammad Ali the most are the ones who aren't fond of Blacks or Muslims. In years past, I would have considered this one of the most stunning contradictions ever. As my 30s rage on (I'm 33 years old), I'm understanding why. Those persons who like what Muhammad Ali had to say do so for this reason: They themselves are segregationists. Those said persons don't like Blacks. However, Black people like me are the ones they are going to butt heads with. I can be as integrationist as they come. I believe in Black people controlling the economics in their communities. I'm also pro-integration. I don't mesh with segregation. I understand what segregation is about. It isn't about "let's keep our race pure". It's about subjugation and treating people in society as if they are "less than". That is what Jim Crow was about. I've noticed this. White supremacists weren't afraid of Booker T. Washington, the man who said "we can be as separate as the fingers but one as the hand". The Dixiecrats weren't scared of Malcolm X. They were scared of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. They were scared of Dr. William Edward Burghardt DuBois. It's Black people who seek integration, who feel that people of all races have that potential to live together peacefully and respect one another.

I realize that Black separatists don't scare the bigots. Blacks like me are among those whom bigots find threatening.
Not unlike right wing white folks who are fond of quoting MLK's "content of their character, not the color of their skin" to justify their opposition of affirmative action (actually MLK supported affrimative action policies) yet they would have run down MLK and called him names back in the day - or worse.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Not unlike right wing white folks who are fond of quoting MLK's "content of their character, not the color of their skin" to justify their opposition of affirmative action (actually MLK supported affrimative action policies) yet they would have run down MLK and called him names back in the day - or worse.
Some people will do what is within their political interests. The Muhammad Ali video is no different. Basically gaslighting by another name.

Old 01-02-2020, 05:09 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Some people will do what is within their political interests. The Muhammad Ali video is no different. Basically gaslighting by another name.
Yeah, I'll bet they really supported his stance to refuse being inducted into the military.

Old 01-02-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yeah, I'll bet they really supported his stance to refuse being inducted into the military.
Or his reasons for changing his name.

I wonder what those same persons would have thought of Jack Johnson (who was known for being White women at a time when it could have gotten him killed)?

Old 01-02-2020, 05:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Why are you calling Muhammad Ali a racist. He wasn’t stating that one race was better than another!
Look...what’s your point here? That you agree with Ali, or you’re just yakking in an attempt to stir the pot. What’s the issue you have with what he said?

Old 01-02-2020, 05:37 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
The Nation of Islam has always had a lot in common with the far right. They are very conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies