Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 01:35 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Giving the dreamers a path to citizenship will most certainly not lead to the detriment of this country.
I'm sure there will be compromise on Dreamers. The R's were willing before to help Dreamers. But that's a little under 800K (and then taking out those who commit a certain number/type of crime), not 11 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
"Hello, I am from the government. Tell me, are you an illegal immigrant? And don't worry, I won't tell ICE".

Ya really think someone is going to admit to a census taker that they are an illegal? The idea of putting the question on the census was stupid.
the problem is apportionment. Everything from the # of House members to Federal spending is based on a headcount. I don't see any reason to reward any state that harbors illegal immigrants in order to benefit on either issue.

If CA wants lots of illegal immigrants, they are welcome to pay for them. But they don't get 2 extra Congressional seats because of it. And they don't get 5% more when spending is done per capita.

Old 12-22-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
A path to citizenship makes perfect sense I agree totally with that as long as the criteria to qualify is reasonable. In the long run it's going to more cost effective as well. The wall is a stupid idea and it will never be built anyway. Figure some other way to make the border less porous.
we could install robotic/remotely-controlled weaponry all along the border. Or mine fields. Those would certainly be cheaper and not very porous. It's not humane though.

Old 12-22-2019, 01:59 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
This guy is just saying what dems want to hear, in an effort to get the nomination.
I have stated in other post that he may well wind up the ultimate choice of the dnc, in a round about way.
There are not enough dem votes in the country to defeat Trump.
The dems desperately need independent as well as third party voters to jump on the "amnesty" bandwagon, and I just don't see that happening.

Bob.
By promising amnesty and/or a path to citizenship for illegal aliens they are pandering for the ethnocentric Hispanic-American vote and other bleeding heart liberals in our country. They care nothing about the impact of this massive amnesty that would reward those who have thumbed their noses at our immigration laws. Americans need their jobs back, we need to alleviate the overcrowded conditions that these illegals have created and the added demands on our natural and social resources and to put some respect back into our immigration laws. Amnesty does the opposite. The Democrats couldn't care less about those things. It's all about gaining votes for power.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
we could install robotic/remotely-controlled weaponry all along the border. Or mine fields. Those would certainly be cheaper and not very porous. It's not humane though.
Virtual walls were already tried and failed. The Border Patrol say we need good physical barriers and that they work. Who we going to believe other than those on the front lines?

Old 12-22-2019, 03:40 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
I can guarantee had that phrase been used to refer to former President Obama, the reaction would have been swift and harsh. Relativism is much of our problem in the U.S.

Don't ever let a non-black toss out the n-word. Yet, it is common amongst blacks, with no offense taken or even meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He didn't say "boy". He said "your boy". So you are completely wrong.

Tossing out the R-Word is a meme now. Doesn't work.

Old 12-22-2019, 03:57 PM

44 posts, read 25,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Yes, you are. He’s smarter than your boy Trump.
He may be smarter, but he does not have the leadership abilities. In any case, stating a position of wanting more immigration is a death sentence for dems.

Old 12-22-2019, 04:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I haven't read his plan and won't but from the anger of the right, it sounds pretty good. We need to deal with 11 million (or is it 20?) illegals. We are not throwing them out. Get over it. So it's citizenship or permanent alien status - six of one. It has to come with a real plan to secure the border and other ports of entry, aggressively pursue visa violators, and punish the hell of out employers who hire unauthorized workers.
Both of these numbers are way low.

If they could do a head count they'd easily be looking at 25-40 Million illegals. Dems have used artificially low numbers for years.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:42 PM

We'd also have to end birthright citizenship for their kids and benefits to stop them from coming and I don't see that happening any time soon. Naw, amnesty is not the answer at all. We tried that in 1986 and now we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here today. How are Americans to get their jobs back with an amnesty, how would we alleviate the crowded conditions they have created, the further depletion of our social and natural resources?

We don't need to kick them out all at once just deport them as they make themselves known. They aren't that hard to find.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:49 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Yes, you are. He’s smarter than your boy Trump.

He's actually smarter than everyone else in the field. And he's got the military chops AND the can speak the hokey-religious stuff better than Trump.

But there's the one glaring elephant in the room that's going to stop him dead in his tracks from winning the big primary states with large black populations in the south to allow him to cinch the Democratic nomination.

Therefore, it's still much too premature to worry about how much he's going to pander to illegals for votes. Let's see where he stands after Super Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies