Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 11:18 AM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,189 times

Advertisements

Pit Bulls kill more people than all other dog breeds combined.
The responsibility of owning a pitbull is similar to the responsibility of owning a firearm. A pitbull, if not trained properly, is a deadly weapon and a danger to society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 11:46 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Most pitbulls are heavily breed in with other dog breeds so it can be hard to pin down where the aggression may come from. I have a half Pit, Half Lab and he is the most laid back dog imaginable. The only thing he gets angry at is the mail that drops through the mail slot.

Old 12-22-2019, 11:54 AM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
I've seen this happen too many times. That breed should be banned and extinguished. They're a menace to society.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:37 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
woman was killed and another was severely injured in what authorities described as a "vicious" attack by three pit bulls in Texas.

Officers from the Houston Police Department were called to an address in the 5500 block of Arlington Street in north Houston, Texas, on Saturday morning.

https://www.newsweek.com/vicious-dog...-woman-1478644
These worthless dogs should have been banned years ago.......obviously these 3 got together and decided these people were bad owners and should be killed..........ask any of the nutballs that defend these things and "bad owners" is the first thing you hear..........

Old 12-22-2019, 12:49 PM

7,111 posts, read 4,536,107 times
Ocean, I have never owned a pitbull. We are Maltese people and had the husky/shepherd mix because my son could no longer keep him. Last time I looked up the statistics a year ago it’s as I stated. I was almost killed once by a shepherd that jumped his 6 ft fence. My husband saved me and the dog knocked him down and was going for his throat. We threatened to sue the owners if they didn’t put him down because the subdivision was full of small children. I have no clue if this dog had been abused. There are no bad breeds.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:50 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
My father was a lifelong stockman, so he had working dogs all his life, as had is father and grandfather.

He said this:
"One dog is your junior partner. He looks to you, the senior partner, for directions, but things are equal. The human is just a little more equal than the dog.

Two dogs are looking for a boss. Someone has to be the boss of the 3 of you. If it's not the human it will be one of the dogs.

Three dogs is a pack. A pack only listens to the boss when it wants to. If the pack doesn't want to obey, it won't. And once they quit obeying, all 3 want to be the boss, so hell breaks out in some way.

Those were his observations from watching his shepherd dogs. I don't know if pit bulls are similar enough to compare to shepherds or not, except all dogs tend to behave in some similar ways, no matter what their breed is.

I have seen 3 shepherds merrily tear a calf, colt or a lamb up. Would 3 pit bulls tear up a calf? I think so, if a calf was available.

About the only other thing I know about them is their bite is more dreadful that a shepherds. I've been bitten many times by shepherds, and do not ever want to suffer a bite from a pit bull.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Actually if you read the statistics many other breeds killed more people every year like shepherds. You can train any breed to attack. I have no dog in this fight as I have Maltese. I had a big dog that I was walking being attacked by a off leash pit for no reason. The owner had him off leash in a park full of kids. Obviously a bad owner that trained him to be mean.
We had our dog's DNA test done and it came back that she is 3/4 Pit Bull - we had no idea and would not have sought out one when adopting. She is a great pet and one would never guess she is a Pit, based on what we hear and think we know.

I personally, have had many near misses and scares with German Shepherds at dog parks, attempting to attack on the street, etc.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:53 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I hate those damn dogs.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:55 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
I own two pitbulls. They are the hit of the neighborhood. People stop to pet them. I love the breed. I have owned pitbulls for 25 years. I live in a middle class neighborhood. There are a lot of misconceptions about them.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:56 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We had our dog's DNA test done and it came back that she is 3/4 Pit Bull - we had no idea and would not have sought out one when adopting. She is a great pet and one would never guess she is a Pit, based on what we hear and think we know.

I personally, have had many near misses and scares with German Shepherds at dog parks, attempting to attack on the street, etc.
But you always have to be careful. Many stories of pitbull owners who had no problems for years and then the dog suddenly attacked, usually the owner or their family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies