Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you get that this was a big mistake?
Yeah, we shot this pretty good 13 48.15%
It doesn't hurt us that much, but it was pretty useless 5 18.52%
I still expect we'll gain some political advantage 6 22.22%
We are on pace to get rid of him before November 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 09:58 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So are were all the impeachments in the past wrong or just this one.
The other impeachments involved an actual crime and were allowed to proceed to the Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hard to fathom why all the RW folks are carrying on about what a bad deal this is for Democrats, it is backfiring, yada, yada, yada.

If it was such a bad deal, you'd think the smart move would be to shut up about it and let the chips fall where they may.
Huh? You would LOVE us to shut up about it so this Democrat-run sham would not be front and center. We WANT to focus in it since it shows how hateful, unreasonable, unfair, and sneaky Democrats have been in their attempt to take down a duly elected president who did nothing to warrant an impeachment.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Impeachment was necessary, and I don’t know where you get the euphoria crap from.

The POTUS committed a serious infraction, and he needed to be rebuked. That was not a mistake. And I don’t give a damn about the electoral consequences. Some things are more important than elections.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I think it is how libs comfort themselves- by reassuring themselves that they will get rid of Trump, then they will all be happy.

Libs cannot fathom another four years of Trump, so they cling to delusions to help themselves cope with their TDS.

Can you imagine all the heads exploding in Hollywood after the November elections?
It promises to be the most entertaining night on television. I might just tune into MSNBC for extra fun.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanac13 View Post
Seems like you have a bias problem. Did you read all the articles of Impeachment on the Congress.gov site? Curious.
Was it put out by the Democratic run House? With Shiff’s paws all over it? Why would I bother to read it after the Dems revealed such unbelievable bias that they wouldn’t even allow Republicans to call up witnesses to rebuke the accusations? I’ve heard enough lopsided, biased hatred as it is. I don’t need to read more witch-hunt material.

BTW....That video of Tlaib coming down the hall, unable to contain her glee, was disgusting. That’s the type of partisan nonsense coming from the House.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
The GOP has received so much funding and sits on a pile of cash meanwhile Democrats are actually at a cash NEGATIVE. Thanks for the impeachment!
That’s disingenuous. You guys wanted no parts of an impeachment BEFORE he was impeached. Now you’re pretending that it’s not a poop stain on Trump’s resume.

Again, the Republic is bigger than any one election. It’s also bigger than any one President. I don’t care if it costs the Democrats every single office across the land, it had to be done. Not impeaching Trump was akin to allowing your kids to pee on the floor instead of using a toilet.

You guys can howl in glee all you want about your possible election fortunes. We Democrats did our jobs, and history will record that we were on the right side of the issue.

I don’t even need to tell you how history is gonna treat Trump. That conversation would get too heated for me to even bother.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The other impeachments involved an actual crime and were allowed to proceed to the Senate.
Describe the "crime" in the Clinton impeachment if you will?

Was it by chance "lying" to congress. Oooopsy.

"I did not have sex with that girl." - "There was no quid pro guo."

Old 12-23-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This is fantastic in the worst way.

But whatever. Democrats did what had to be done.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:18 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Nope. Not at all. It had to be done.

Forget the electoral political calculations. This is about standing up for the Constitution and holding the executive accountable.

Old 12-23-2019, 10:24 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
On your honor, Citydata friends, Dems only in the poll.
It's so sweet when Trumper wing-nuts reach out to Democrats and liberals for answers. Pathetic, and trolling, but sweet in their usual twisted ways.

There is never anything pointless or terrible about upholding the constitution or honoring one's oath of office. Of course, Trump supporters would not know anything about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies