Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 08:16 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Maybe it wasn't such a good idea for Trump to tuck tail and cut and run, giving over control to Russia in the hot zone of ISIS growth.
How are you negatively impacted?

Old 12-23-2019, 08:25 AM

16,967 posts, read 12,536,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Unless we plan to stay in Iraq for 1000 years then expect this outcome. This is the area that I thought Trump would make changes to. Seems he is just like Obama and George W.

Does anyone even know what a “Win” looks like in Iraq or Afghanistan? What is the objective?
Winning would involve killing everyone off and exterminating a culture. Not a likely outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Agreed...hindsight is 20/20. We disrupted the Middle Easts balance of power. I hope we learn from it.
Oh we learn... But the war profiteers control the outcome.

Quote:
Let Putin fight all the wars in the Middle East. Not us! Been there & done that. Ignore the little fat NK dictator. He's China's responsibility...not ours. At least Trump tried.
First part. There we go agreeing again. You are scaring me.

Cant stand Trump but I give credit here. NK Kim is like a volatile psycho child. Trump giving him attention and meeting with him spaces out the tantrums. NOTHING can eliminate them. Trump should keep engaging. I would rather deal with 2 tantrums a year than 5.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:36 AM

15,742 posts, read 6,451,442 times
Ready the mallet -- another round of whack-a-mole is on the way.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:54 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,646,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I love how Leftists only hope for the worst, and for bad things to happen to the U.S. and our military. Sad, when you must root for the Terrorist Murderers, and align yourselves with them.
How are leftists hoping for the worst and for bad things to happen to America?
Can you answer the above question or is your statement a delusion and untrue?

And the actual sad thing here is Trumps supporters don't care that ISIS is becoming more powerful.

And Trumps supporters don't care that Trumps policies make ISIS stronger.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/polit...ent/index.html
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/29/...isis-terrorism

Last edited by chad3; 12-23-2019 at 09:05 AM..

Old 12-23-2019, 09:04 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,646,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You mean the JV team wearing Laker uniforms?????

ISIS is the terrorist group Obama gave cover to, allowing them to expand and recruit and murder???

Obama was the financial backer for ISIS and the main financial supporter of Iran the greatest exporter of terror in the world.

Those terrorist groups are constantly reorganizing and morphing. Especially after their leaders are offed. they have evolved their tactics over hundreds of years of continual fighting. they will carry on their wars until the end of time. the terrorist population and attacks wax and wane, just like the moon.

What is Europe doing about it?????? it is in their backyard.

Time to wall of Iraq, Iran Afghanistan by other countries not allowing anyone from these countries to travel anywhere. a pox on humanity.

Trump did not give up the fight.

Duh, trump is holding on to the oil fields ISIS used as a primary source to fund their terror.

Again, what is Europe doing?

A wack a mole strategy is called for as opposed to installing a democracy and occupying land. If ISIS sees the folly in holding on to territory we should see that as a folly as well.
"ISIS was created by the U.S. invasion of Iraq." And "had it not been for GW Bush’s catastrophic decision to invade and occupy Iraq in 2003, in defiance of international law, the world’s most feared terrorist group (ISIS) would not exist today."
https://theintercept.com/2018/01/29/...tate-blowback/

And the GW Bush administration made 935 false statements about Iraq in order to gain support for the Iraq war.
https://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/23/bush.iraq/

For you leave out the GW Bush administrations role in creating ISIS and then blame Obama for creating ISIS is dishonest, insanely partisan, an assault on reality, and an assault on history itself.

Last edited by chad3; 12-23-2019 at 09:27 AM..

Old 12-23-2019, 09:07 AM

78,025 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
If ISIS is "reorganizing" they are not "defeated".
Um the is stands for Islamic states and the article says they’ve abandoned that. So I guess in your mind the confederate states of America is still an effective entity as well???

Old 12-23-2019, 09:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,517,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Perpetual war, as long as it doesn't get out of hand, is perpetually good for business.

Last time it got out of hand was the 1930s.

Managers of the military-industrial complex for the most part know what they are doing. So-called PLO, so-called Al Qaeda, so-called ISIS, the ones before them, the ones in-between, and the ones after them are all part of the manufacturing process.

Don't shovel against the tide, don't spit into the wind.
Indeed, the war on terror will go on until a larger threat comes along (or is created).

I believe we are seeing the first signs of this new threat right now...with the creation of Space Force, its only a matter of time before we are suddenly introduced to an off planet threat, that we must now fight against...and just wait until you hear how much defense spending is needed to fight this enemy!!! This war has been many many years in the making.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:02 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Quote:
Let Putin fight all the wars in the Middle East. Not us! Been there & done that. Ignore the little fat NK dictator. He's China's responsibility...not ours. At least Trump tried.
Allowing Putin to control the worlds oil supply is probably not a very good idea.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:05 PM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um the is stands for Islamic states and the article says they’ve abandoned that. So I guess in your mind the confederate states of America is still an effective entity as well???
I don't think the name matters, be is Al Qaeda, ISIS or something else. They are the same thing.

Old 12-23-2019, 02:18 PM

78,025 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think the name matters, be is Al Qaeda, ISIS or something else. They are the same thing.
On this we can completely agree. But then since they can be Al Queda, ISIS or the Islamic Power Rangers.....this takes us full circle to the premise that crushing the Islamic states was somehow going to be the end of islamic terrorist groups.

It's proven that US presence in the middle east is a powerful recruitment tool, I personally want our guys out of all of those places and that opinion does not waver with the occupant of the White House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.