Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2019, 08:55 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
But you asked me the question. And the only thing that you have to go on to label me as a leftist is that I'm an anti-Trumper.
Because your statement is directly at odds with the position of the OP and subsequent posts from leftists. Its leftists in this thread who are by and large attacking the president's speech as incomprehensible.

And I didn't label you a leftist. In fact, I worded my comment carefully as to not directly label you anything. I didn't write "why don't you leftists," etc. If you're not a leftist, then you're not in the group that I'm referring to who claim that the president's speech is incomprehensible. Moreover, as you explicitly stated that the president's speech IS comprehensible to "even a 6 year old," I don't know how you could assume that I was referring to you among the "leftists" that I noted claim that the speech is not comprehensible.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I'd like to see how the measure that? He always sold himself more than what he was actually worth.
Forbes and every other wealth calculating organization all state that President Trump isn't worth the 9 billion that he claims he's worth (much of Trump's claimed wealth is his persona and name brand, which these organizations say is overblown), but they all acknowledge that he is a billionaire some times over.

Quote:
They find things in common with him because he plays them - he no doubt does not connect with them - he thinks he is above them.
Ah yes, these ignorant, low IQ rubes are incapable of coming to such conclusions on their own and have to be "played" by a master manipulator

Old 12-23-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I’m a blue collar worker with a no more then. H.S Education education! I can’t afford a high horse. Trump brags he’s got the best education ever and that he’s smarter then anyone regardless of topic. Yet when he speaks all that intelligent he’s so proud of goes flying out the window.

And for the record I grew up on the streets and NO ONE talks like that.
You must have grown up on different streets than I did because people do talk like that and I perfectly understand what the president was saying as a result of knowing people who talk like that.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And Trump is a moron. What's your point?
Its funny to see leftists continue with their tried and true record of name calling, while simultaneously attacking the president for his name calling.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:03 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Forbes and every other wealth calculating organization all state that President Trump isn't worth the 9 billion that he claims he's worth (much of Trump's claimed wealth is his persona and name brand, which these organizations say is overblown), but they all acknowledge that he is a billionaire some times over.

Ah yes, these ignorant, low IQ rubes are incapable of coming to such conclusions on their own and have to be "played" by a master manipulator
Pretty much! Most people are tribal noobs. Thinking critically about anything goes out the door - it's the team first and at all costs. It's not that what he said could not be teased out from his diminished vocab and butchered syntax it is that his speech is simply atrocious. The better question is why you can not see that?

Old 12-23-2019, 09:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I have read lots of things said about Trump, some good, some bad, but I have never heard anyone claim he is a good communicator. That is devotion in the extreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
“Incredible communicators” are usually articulate. Trump? Ehhhh....

GW Bush was more articulate and a better communicator than Trump. I’d be embarrassed if someone said the same about me as I’m saying about Trump. Especially if I had a degree from Wharton.

Incredible communicator? More like an uncredible eristic.
The size of the President's rallies are how you measure communication skills.
People flock to Trump because they know they'll understand his message.
"Articulate" Presidents use politician words, and that is why they are so boring and often non-committal and not worth listening to.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Pretty much! Most people are tribal noobs. Thinking critically about anything goes out the door - it's the team first and at all costs. It's not that what he said could not be teased out from his diminished vocab and butchered syntax it is that his speech is simply atrocious. The better question is why you can not see that?
We view people very differently. That much is clear. People are individuals, not some static ideology incapable of change or nuance. His syntax may be "atrocious" as you claim (whatever). I, however, don't ridicule or shun people who don't happen to speak as I do, especially when I can understand them just fine.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:09 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Because your statement is directly at odds with the position of the OP and subsequent posts from leftists. Its leftists in this thread who are by and large attacking the president's speech as incomprehensible.

And I didn't label you a leftist. In fact, I worded my comment carefully as to not directly label you anything. I didn't write "why don't you leftists," etc. If you're not a leftist, then you're not in the group that I'm referring to who claim that the president's speech is incomprehensible. Moreover, as you explicitly stated that the president's speech IS comprehensible to "even a 6 year old," I don't know how you could assume that I was referring to you among the "leftists" that I noted claim that the speech is not comprehensible.
What I explicitly stated was that Trump's "message" is comprehensible to a 6 year old. His supporters know what he means even if the words are incomprehensible.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
The size of the President's rallies are how you measure communication skills.
People flock to Trump because they know they'll understand his message.
"Articulate" Presidents use politician words, and that is why they are so boring and often non-committal and not worth listening to.
Precisely. Coastal and ivory tower elites mock the president's message and delivery, but his message and delivery clearly resonate with many "low IQ" working class men and women who don't feel the need to be accepted or liked by the elites.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
What I explicitly stated was that Trump's "message" is comprehensible to a 6 year old. His supporters know what he means even if the words are incomprehensible.
This is what you explicitly stated:

Quote:
Of course you do. Because despite the fractured syntax, incoherent rambling, misuse of words, pointless repetition, etc., etc., Trump delivers a message that even a 6 year old can understand.
Hence, my remarks and follow on explanations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies