Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should people be forced to pay for other's health care, etc?
No 116 65.91%
Yes with no expectations of work in return 35 19.89%
Yes, if they perform community service 5 2.84%
No. Doctors and nurses should be required to work free for one year after training 0 0%
Other 22 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 01:27 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Wait wait. They are anti abortion- so if they get these judges to reverse that law- more needy people might be born - aww chucks. Now what do they want?
I know huh? And I wonder who will pay for all those sterilizations...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
We aren’t anti-sterilization.
who is "we"?

Old 12-28-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Look at who is dodging here?

Why can’t you take the kids? If you can’t, why are you forcing me to do it?
Because taking kids from their parents is your stupid idea, not mine sheesh

Old 12-28-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The internet is not free. What in the heck are you even talking about?
Really? When did you start paying to access the internet? I'm not talking about paying for a high speed internet connection in your home, that's a convenience you choose to pay for. I'm asking you when you started paying for the internet and who do you pay?

Old 12-28-2019, 01:35 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
I would go with that. I wish they were reversible procedures though. People should be able to have children when their situation changes.
While their financial situation may change, their pattern of putting their own wants above the needs of their children may not. I don't think being an irresponsible parent is a financial thing, I think it is a responsibility thing and likely won't change. Even though they had money, how could they demonstrate they had changed to parental material?

Old 12-28-2019, 01:45 PM

1,138 posts, read 448,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How many people never need healthcare?
The fact someone needs it, doesn't automatically mean someone else should pay for it. Building roads, bridges and other infrastructure benefits everyone. Free health care of others doesn't benefit everyone who has to pay for it, since many of them also have to pay for their own health care.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
The fact someone needs it, doesn't automatically mean someone else should pay for it. Building roads, bridges and other infrastructure benefits everyone. Free health care of others doesn't benefit everyone who has to pay for it, since many of them also have to pay for their own health care.
With private health insurance, you already ARE paying for other people's care. You ARE.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:55 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
This sterilization of young minority women already was done in our grand old USA ! And you wonder why women march. It it’s preposturous that anyone even think to bring that back to our country!!!!
They need to be reminded how many girls against their will became sterile and could never have a family - I hope all those involved are burning in hell today.!

Unwanted Sterilization and Eugenics Programs in the United States | No Más Bebés | Independent Lens | PBS

Old 12-28-2019, 02:11 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, it's just difficult to read claims that the internet isn't free or that each person should build a road in front of their house, or that people who have children when they are too young or too poor should be sterilized. That kind of stuff sounds like it's from folks who could have used some k-12 indoctrination.
roads could/would be built by private companies same as they are now, just absent the armed third party (a.k.a. the state).
If electric, cable, telephone, fiber-optic, water, etc. all found its way to your home, why would you expect roads to be any different?
Im not advocating for forced sterilization, so you can stop keep bringing it up.

Old 12-28-2019, 02:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Good for you. But your fellow farmers ? It’s all relevant - tomorrow you get some crazy storm wipes out every thing, and you get seriously incapacitated for serval months, then ? Ah but it can’t happen to you. I get it
Uh, during harvest time, I operate a combine or I haul their grain to the coop. They help me when calving arrives. That’s what neighbors do. No one sucks down free money and they have crop insurance. Your education regarding farmers and ranchers is sorely lacking. As most liberals have no clue what the family farm does to operate. In between I drive trains for BNSF. I am self reliant and sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies