Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should people be forced to pay for other's health care, etc?
No 116 65.91%
Yes with no expectations of work in return 35 19.89%
Yes, if they perform community service 5 2.84%
No. Doctors and nurses should be required to work free for one year after training 0 0%
Other 22 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 11:12 AM

15,923 posts, read 6,387,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why do you always say "pay for your expenses"? That's a disingenuous way to frame the argument and strawman the poster your debating with
It would really help if she'd disclose her income. It's likely she is arguing with people who pay more than she does in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 11:15 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,281,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Is Trump not corrupt to you?
No one is all bad or all good. Some of our elected officials think he is corrupt and have impeached him. The democratic system will decide. I personally think he is corrupt but let’s see how my elected officials vote. I do not get a vote on this topic so whatever I think doesn’t really count.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:15 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,685,247 times
Quote:
Are living expenses, food cost, child rearing, education, healthcare and sexual entertainment not expenses you should be responsible for?
Healthcare should be a shared cost among the population as it's necessary at some point in everyone's life.

As far as education, working class people can't afford private school, so without public school, their kids wouldn't get educated. And we need an educated populace.

Child rearing, as far as WIC and TANF, I don't believe in punishing children for the sins of their parents. Same goes for education.

And where do you come up with sexual entertainment? Are you talking about prostitution? Sex is free last time I checked

Old 12-29-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Are living expenses, food cost, child rearing, education, healthcare and sexual entertainment not expenses you should be responsible for?
There is a basic level that I believe is a human right. If you can not wholly meet that low bar than the greater society should pick up that cost. Obv you don’t believe that and that’s ok. Right now in the us that’s the way it works. It works that way in pretty much every country. I think it’s a good thing. You don’t. Your allowed to feel that way but that is the law right now and if you don’t pay your taxes you are breaking the law.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:21 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,617,394 times
Quote:
Healthcare should be a shared cost among the population as it's necessary at some point in everyone's life.

As far as education, working class people can't afford private school, so without public school, their kids wouldn't get educated. And we need an educated populace.

Child rearing, as far as WIC and TANF, I don't believe in punishing children for the sins of their parents. Same goes for education.

And where do you come up with sexual entertainment? Are you talking about prostitution? Sex is free last time I checked
Sexual entertainment means you “accidentally” conceive a baby.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
By need to, you mean “need to be forced to”, correct?
Yes. The government forces you to pay taxes.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:22 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,685,247 times
Quote:
That's a funny and slanted way to put it.

I support either abortion, or financial assistance if the woman decides to keep the baby. But it's her choice, not yours

Old 12-29-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
There is a basic level that I believe is a human right. If you can not wholly meet that low bar than the greater society should pick up that cost. Obv you don’t believe that and that’s ok. Right now in the us that’s the way it works. It works that way in pretty much every country. I think it’s a good thing. You don’t. Your allowed to feel that way but that is the law right now and if you don’t pay your taxes you are breaking the law.
Just like every slave master.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
That's a funny and slanted way to put it.

I support either abortion, or financial assistance if the woman decides to keep the baby. But it's her choice, not yours
Hence your support for people’s sexual entertainment.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Huh, Isnt sexual entertainment mostly done on line these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies