Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2019, 02:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Democrats already own a good share of the white vote now. The only white demographic that doesn't vote Democratic are old white men.

Old white women vote Democratic, as do young white women and young white men. As do people of color and religious and other minorities.

The browning of America has already happened. Almost 25% of us now have Latino heritage, and as a demographic group, they are younger than the whites. That means there will more to come with every generation.

And since the young are much more racially tolerant than the old white men, that also means America will continue to become browner with each new generation that's born. Race won't be the issue it was in the 20th century as this century progresses.
Good to see your bigotry out in the open while you make things up about "old white men". Why don't you explain to everyone here how old white men are the least tolerant when it is a known fact that 90% of interracial crime is committed by blacks on whites?

"there were 593,598 interracial violent victimizations (excluding homicide) between blacks and whites last year, including white-on-black and black-on-white attacks. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent. That ratio is becoming more skewed, despite the Democratic claim of Trump-inspired white violence."

https://www.city-journal.org/democra...s-racism-crime

Race will always be an issue when it comes to the identity playing the left. Don't bother trying to figure out a way to make something else up as you'll fail again. And whatever you do, don't get into a discussion about why blacks, as a group, are less educated, make less money, and commit crime at a much higher rate than other races. Wouldn't want anything to get in the way of your false race card playing. After all how will you walk without that crutch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 06:06 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nattering Heights View Post
As the nation returns to an agricultural economy with manual labor, people will be spending most of their lives outside. Sunlight will resume its role in influencing the melanin part of evolution. Americans will look less like northern Europeans and Africans and more like Native Americans, in a few centuries, maybe millennia.
You must mean like the Amerindians because everyone born here is a native American. There are no special ones. No one was native to this country/continent. All of our long ago ancestors migrated here from somewhere else.

That may happen in the southwest but I seriously doubt that it will happen in the rest of the country much to the chagrin of those who would like to wipe out anyone who looks too white in this country.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:02 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
No one cares what language people speak as long as they can be productive in this country. Language and skin color don't mean anything.
Of course.... I"m not disagreeing.. in fact that is the point I am making. please read the thread for context. The person I was responding to is the one who makes issue of foreign languages that people speak. I actually like learning foreign languages.

Old 12-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Of course.... I"m not disagreeing.. in fact that is the point I am making. please read the thread for context. The person I was responding to is the one who makes issue of foreign languages that people speak. I actually like learning foreign languages.
So you still think it's wrong to expect people to assimilate linguistically into our country? Why? Go ahead and learn all the foreign languages you want but I bet you won't use most of them so you will lose your ability to speak or use them. That's just plain foolish and a waste of time unless you have a job that requires foreign languages and that would be rare in this country. The only way I would learn a foreign language is if I were to move to a foreign country. Why shouldn't we expect those moving here to do likewise? Are you a fan of balkinization?

Old 12-24-2019, 09:55 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Oh those awful brown people. Coming from Europe. Welcome aboard.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:01 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you still think it's wrong to expect people to assimilate linguistically into our country? Why? Go ahead and learn all the foreign languages you want but I bet you won't use most of them so you will lose your ability to speak or use them. That's just plain foolish and a waste of time unless you have a job that requires foreign languages and that would be rare in this country. The only way I would learn a foreign language is if I were to move to a foreign country. Why shouldn't we expect those moving here to do likewise? Are you a fan of balkinization?
I wasn't responding to you. We've talked about this already. I was correcting someone else on the context of my post.

There is a difference between assimilation linguistically and what you want.... it is a false equivalency you throw around frequently. You take offense being around foreign languages spoken in public even if you are not involved in the conversation. For all you know, those very same people speak better English than some Americans.

Learning languages is not a waste of time. Being upset over others' ability to have conversations in multiple languages is a complete and utter waste of time. No one is forcing you to learn their language, no one is asking you to move, being multi-lingual in this country doesn't contribute to balkanization ... stop being a drama queen.

Good day.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:58 AM

16,081 posts, read 10,744,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Nothing.
But you know what, the whole basis of this thread is sick and racist.
It's like a bunch of Archie Bunkers have multiplied and taken over our country!
I think you are on to something. There does seem to be a bunker mentality about this thread.

Old 12-24-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I wasn't responding to you. We've talked about this already. I was correcting someone else on the context of my post.

There is a difference between assimilation linguistically and what you want.... it is a false equivalency you throw around frequently. You take offense being around foreign languages spoken in public even if you are not involved in the conversation. For all you know, those very same people speak better English than some Americans.

Learning languages is not a waste of time. Being upset over others' ability to have conversations in multiple languages is a complete and utter waste of time. No one is forcing you to learn their language, no one is asking you to move, being multi-lingual in this country doesn't contribute to balkanization ... stop being a drama queen.

Good day.
You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. Assimilation means speaking English in pubic. Doesn't matter who's involved in the conversation either. Whisper then if you want to babble in a foreign tongue. I don't care to listen to it and you can't avoid it! Many of those refusing to speak English in public ARE Americans.

I've already explained in my post why for the most part learning a foreign language isn't beneficial. You didn't even address my comments about that. Being bi-lingual is not contributing to balkanization but refusing to speak English in public is. Drama queen? lol! I'm a male.

When are you going to answer the questions I posed to you how Mexico's ownership of Calif. 150 years ago could make any Asian a part of who they are and how did the above make Calif. home for Asians?

Last edited by Oldglory; 12-24-2019 at 11:38 AM..

Old 12-24-2019, 11:02 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
Right now population growth from legal immigration has slowed to a trickle

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/u...migration.html

Some younger Republic candidates are calling for a moratorium on immigration, the wall is being built, Hispanic birth rates are falling.

Will Democrats ever win the white vote back?
No to that. An other question is will the Democrats ever win back the rural vote of whatever color? The answer is no. Most of the rural vote is declining in numbers from residents there dying or moving out, so there isn't much there to win over, anyway.

Old 12-24-2019, 11:11 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You are the perfect example of why there's a (false) perception that Republicans are against Latinos. Latinos are welcome as long as they come through the legal way but that hasn't stop the Leftist media and Leftists like yourself from propagating the lie.
But I feel sure that Republicans would welcome and support minority illegals and having anchor babies, if only they would vote for them. Republicans don't complain about how open the border is with Canada. No wonder. Fewer illegal minorities coming in from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies