Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2019, 12:58 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Be careful of this link. My anti-virus program blocked a virus from invading when I clicked on some of the stories at the bottom of the page.
Maybe these mirrored links archived on the Wayback Machine and Archive.today might avoid that problem.
Michael Moore: White Guys Who Voted For Trump 'Are Not Good People' -- Be Afraid of Them | Breitbart
https://web.archive.org/web/20191226...fraid-of-them/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 01:04 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
I did read an article today about this guy and his election claims and forecast. Interesting how he mentions that there were a large number of people who didn't get out to vote in 2016. I don't think that is accurate. I think what is more accurate is that the people that the demolibs "think" stayed home and didn't vote are more likely the ones that actually did get out but secretly voted for Trump instead. I'm pretty sure the turnout for the 2016 Presidential Election as very big, biggest since the first election Obama ran in. In part because we were coming out of 8 years of President Obama who was an absolute failure on all sides. Obama rammed ACA down America's throats, stimulus plans that failed, investments that failed, shovel ready jobs.....that didn't even happen. The list goes on. And coming up on the 2016 election, Hillary in office would have been another agonizing continuation of Obama. That's why the turnout was so great in 2016. Even Hellen Keller would have seen that train wreck coming a mile away (Hillary Clinton Presidency). The stakes were too high for America, we needed to stop that train wreck before it happened. Our lives and America as a country depended upon it. That's why Hillary lost.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Well, "white guys who voted for Trump" were happily supporting a candidate who was shown to be a lying, bigoted, predatory, ignorant bully. They also would seem likelier to espouse violence and own guns. So, yes, that implies that those may well not have been "good people" and it might make sense to avoid them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Trump isn't bigoted. That's just you falsely playing the race card. All the other things you described fit Obama to a tee and that didn't stop you from voting for him.
I'm not sure what you mean about "other things." Obama is better educated, and Trump himself brags about his predatory nature.

Here are some links for you:

An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry
https://tribunecontentagency.com/art...rumps-bigotry/

Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2019
https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-is-worse.html

Old 12-27-2019, 08:10 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
There is truth to this overall but crossing the sidewalk is ridiculous. And why is it just a race issue? IMO, anyone who voted for Trump regardless of race or gender is questionable to some degree.

Smh.

Old 12-27-2019, 08:22 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Moore is obnoxious and a big bag of wind, but he's right about Trump's supporters. Actually, Moore is sort of a left-wing version of Trump. I'd love to see them get together and debate about things.

Old 12-27-2019, 08:33 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
I voted for Trump mainly because I liked his stances on issues and I didn’t like Hillary’s, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t get a lot of satisfaction when Trump won, because I knew how distraught Hillary was over losing.

Again, that was not the main reason I voted for Trump, but it was definitely a bonus.

I never felt that after a presidential election before, so why this time? The difference was her “basket of deplorables” comments. What kind of dumb political strategy was it to attack the supporters of her opponent? She deserved every bit of pain that the loss caused her. I felt a huge sense that justice had been served. What feels better than justice?

It seems like the left still hasn’t learned from their mistakes. You don’t win votes by attacking voters. You get them emotionally invested in the opponent.

I always vote in presidential elections, but I can see a a lazy voter on Election Day saying, “Well, I’m really busy with other things today, but I am going to make time to vote, just so I can say F-off to these condescending a-holes.”

Old 12-27-2019, 08:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I voted for Trump mainly because I liked his stances on issues and I didn’t like Hillary’s, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t get a lot of satisfaction when Trump won, because I knew how distraught Hillary was over losing.

Again, that was not the main reason I voted for Trump, but it was definitely a bonus.

I never felt that after a presidential election before, so why this time? The difference was her “basket of deplorables” comments. What kind of dumb political strategy was it to attack the supporters of her opponent? She deserved every bit of pain that the loss caused her. I felt a huge sense that justice had been served. What feels better than justice?

It seems like the left still hasn’t learned from their mistakes. You don’t win votes by attacking voters. You get them emotionally invested in the opponent.

I always vote in presidential elections, but I can see a a lazy voter on Election Day saying, “Well, I’m really busy with other things today, but I am going to make time to vote, just so I can say F-off to these condescending a-holes.”
Hillary was too kind. Trump supporters are worse than deplorable. And Trump insults half the country all day every day. The truth is, Trump supporters hate most women, even the women hate the women. The worst insults I saw by Trump supporters were women, who spoke as if fat old Trump was going to ask them for a date while they attacked Hillary's age, weight, pantsuits, makeup, hair, even Trump spoke of her backside, saying he "wasn't impressed". It has carried on to the 2018 election too where now there are fewer GOP women in Congress than there has been in decades. Republicans rarely elect women anyway but they've reached a new low with Trump.

Not surprised at the delight - wait - satisfaction expressed at seeing Hillary in pain. It's just Trump supporters being Trump supporters. Moore is right, they are not good people.

Old 12-27-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
There is truth to this overall but crossing the sidewalk is ridiculous. And why is it just a race issue? IMO, anyone who voted for Trump regardless of race or gender is questionable to some degree.

Smh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Moore is obnoxious and a big bag of wind, but he's right about Trump's supporters. Actually, Moore is sort of a left-wing version of Trump. I'd love to see them get together and debate about things.
This is exactly what I was talking about in my post above. You guys make it so easy to vote for Trump.

There are definitely things I don’t like about Trump, and I would consider Bloomberg if he ever made it past the democratic primary. But what Trump has going for him, is people like you. In Trump’s positives/negatives column, you guys go in the “positives” column for Trump. Statements like yours, make me want to see your turmoil continue for another 4 years. That can’t really be your intended outcome, can it?

Old 12-27-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Hillary was too kind. Trump supporters are worse than deplorable. And Trump insults half the country all day every day. The truth is, Trump supporters hate most women, even the women hate the women. The worst insults I saw by Trump supporters were women, who spoke as if fat old Trump was going to ask them for a date while they attacked Hillary's age, weight, pantsuits, makeup, hair, even Trump spoke of her backside, saying he "wasn't impressed". It has carried on to the 2018 election too where now there are fewer GOP women in Congress than there has been in decades. Republicans rarely elect women anyway but they've reached a new low with Trump.

Not surprised at the delight - wait - satisfaction expressed at seeing Hillary in pain. It's just Trump supporters being Trump supporters. Moore is right, they are not good people.
Yes, like I told you before, the feeling is mutual.

Your hate for Trump and his supporters is so strong because you see them as a reflection of the things you hate in yourself. Everything that you complain about in Trump and his supporters, can be seen coming from you in your posts every single day. Anger, hate, name calling, etc. All can be applied to you.

Please, a little introspection. You will see that you are just like those that you hate, and that it why it gets you so emotional about them.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Yes, like I told you before, the feeling is mutual.

Your hate for Trump and his supporters is so strong because you see them as a reflection of the things you hate in yourself. Everything that you complain about in Trump and his supporters, can be seen coming from you in your posts every single day. Anger, hate, name calling, etc. All can be applied to you.

Please, a little introspection. You will see that you are just like those that you hate, and that it why it gets you so emotional about them.
Because I'm a right winger that hates gays, abortion and women? I think rural American "deserves" urban tax money just because? I think it's awesome to elect a guy that is personally profiting from his position as president and is even bringing his daughter and her husband in so she can get Chinese patents and he can get loans for his family from the Middle East? I think it's awesome that when they could not get security clearances, Trump overrode the denials so they have access to everything? It's simply not true but no one learns so slowly as a Trump supporter. Don't ever say Republicans care about the debt either. That was obviously a huge lie, just like all the other lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies