Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 11:23 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times

Advertisements

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattWalsh...79060512333836

Fauci: “There are things, even if you’re vaccinated, that you’re not going to be able to do in society. For example, indoor dining, theaters, places where people congregate.”

So when is it “safe”? Does this guy not realize that these places are open in some states? That there is no proof of any outbreaks tied to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2021, 11:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
At this point it's about controlling the masses.

Old 02-23-2021, 11:30 AM

331 posts, read 182,479 times
Thanks for your opinion Dr, but I'll do what I want

Old 02-23-2021, 11:33 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,673,051 times
He's a fraud. Anyone on CNN that much......

Old 02-23-2021, 11:34 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Looks like this was cut to leave part of it out. Maybe he's saying you can't do those things without a mask, maybe something else? We won't know because the quote is snipped at the beginning.

What I DO KNOW is that earlier this week, he was on TV talking about how it's likely we'll be able to go to concerts, sporting events and other large gatherings later this year. So I doubt this is what you are making it out to be.

And as already pointed out, he's just one expert with an opinion. His opinion should carry a lot of weight, but should not be, and is not considered to be the basis of undebatable laws. He gives the medical side. Law makers have to weigh that with many other things (economy, education, mental health, etc.). He's doing his job, give him a break, or at least stop editing his words to make a fake point.

Quote:
Thanks for your opinion Dr, but I'll do what I want
Me too, as will most, if not ALL people. But I'll listen to him, to many others, and I'll do what I want from an informed position. I don't take everything he says as gospel, but I do listen and think for myself. (I go out to restaurants 2-3x per week, for example. One of many)

Old 02-23-2021, 11:45 AM

331 posts, read 182,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Looks like this was cut to leave part of it out. Maybe he's saying you can't do those things without a mask, maybe something else? We won't know because the quote is snipped at the beginning.

What I DO KNOW is that earlier this week, he was on TV talking about how it's likely we'll be able to go to concerts, sporting events and other large gatherings later this year. So I doubt this is what you are making it out to be.

And as already pointed out, he's just one expert with an opinion. His opinion should carry a lot of weight, but should not be, and is not considered to be the basis of undebatable laws. He gives the medical side. Law makers have to weigh that with many other things (economy, education, mental health, etc.). He's doing his job, give him a break, or at least stop editing his words to make a fake point.

Me too, as will most, if not ALL people. But I'll listen to him, to many others, and I'll do what I want from an informed position. I don't take everything he says as gospel, but I do listen and think for myself. (I go out to restaurants 2-3x per week, for example. One of many)
I commend you for being a rational person and for being more forgiving than I. Logically I should listen to him as he's the expert, but he's already lied too many times, I just can't do it.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:39 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleebs View Post
I commend you for being a rational person and for being more forgiving than I. Logically I should listen to him as he's the expert, but he's already lied too many times, I just can't do it.
I would like you to cite an example of his lying, lying as in telling an known untruth to the public.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:47 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I would like you to cite an example of his lying, lying as in telling an known untruth to the public.
Yeah, he told “an known untruth”. Even admits it.
Quote:
Fauci was asked yesterday by financial news outlet The Street why the U.S. government didn’t promote masks early on during the pandemic. Fauci, who sits on the Trump regime’s zombie-like coronavirus task force, hinted that he knew masks worked, he just wanted any available masks to be saved for health care workers.

“Well, the reason for that is that we were concerned the public health community, and many people were saying this, were concerned that it was at a time when personal protective equipment, including the N-95 masks and the surgical masks, were in very short supply,” Fauci said. “And we wanted to make sure that the people, namely the health care workers, who were brave enough to put themselves in a harm way, to take care of people who you know were infected with the coronavirus and the danger of them getting infected.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dr...ks/ar-BB15zyW3

Old 02-23-2021, 12:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
At this point it's about controlling the masses.

All it's ever been about.

Old 02-23-2021, 12:55 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yeah, he told “an known untruth”. Even admits it.
So Fauci told an untruth early in the pandemic, an untruth spoken for the safety and welfare of the health workers. That's it? Okay, you got me. For some reason I was thinking of a lie spoken so he could retain power, or to screw us over, or some other negative motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies