Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 12:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Over the last several decades, Democrats have stood for some good things like rights for women and minorities, social programs and things like that.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand why Democrats would support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and a very lax enforcement of our borders. What in the world causes them to be compassionate about people who broke laws and came into the United States illegally? This is essentially saying that the United States doesn't have a right to its own sovereignty. It is the death knell for our nation.
What's worse is the Hispanics who support them. In Texas it's mainly hispanics who are the illegals. They work in unskilled construction, the hospitality business, and landscaping. The same jobs many Hispanic Americans work. Wages in those industries have dropped because the supply is greater than the demand so Hispanic Americans are suffering. They don't make much and many are on welfare. We need to support Americans and not illegals.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 12-28-2019 at 01:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 01:00 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What's worse is the Hispanics who support them. In Texas it's mainly hispanics who are the illegals. They work in unskilled construction, the hospitality business, and landscaping. The same jobs many Hispanic Americans work. Wages in those industries have dropped because of the supply is greater than the demand so Hispanic Americans are suffering. They don't make much and many are on welfare. We need to support Americans and not illegals.
Who is hiring these "illegals" though?? Other Hispanics? I think not !
If you fined and jailed every Employer who hires illegals the market for them would dry up.

Old 12-28-2019, 01:14 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
If you fined and jailed every Employer who hires illegals the market for them would dry up.
I think so. The Hispanic manager of a local Mexican restaurant recently raided told federal authorities he used undocumented labor because they were “harder workers,” and it is alleged he would get kickbacks on tips for helping locate their family members to the U.S. In other words, he was helping to smuggle Mexicans into the U.S.

The rare raid caused a lot of fear and uncertainty in the local Hispanic community. Many of them attend the local Catholic church. After meeting with them there, here is what the pastor said about the situation: “A lot of people take a real hard line on immigration until they know somebody who is affected by it. I think it’s easy to take a hard line and say ‘that’s the law’ or ‘send them back’ or a lot of the political rhetoric that we hear. It’s much different when that person lives next door to you."

The pastor added: “There are more Spanish speakers in Payne County than people think. There’s a lot and they’re kind of largely, just under the surface. They’re in the service industries so maybe people are used to them being around but in a service capacity. But if you go to OSU, if you look around this Catholic community, they are in many ways, the lifeblood of the community. So my hope is that it opens people’s eyes to the presence of this wonderful culture and that they bring a lot to the community. It doesn’t have to be as adversarial as a lot of people make it.”

So many of you may not care about illegals and what they face, until you get to know them, and I think helps explain Democrat support for them.

The Mexican restaurant raided is still closed and up for sale.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 12-28-2019 at 01:48 AM..

Old 12-28-2019, 01:15 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Over the last several decades, Democrats have stood for some good things like rights for women and minorities, social programs and things like that.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand why Democrats would support illegal immigration, sanctuary cities and a very lax enforcement of our borders. What in the world causes them to be compassionate about people who broke laws and came into the United States illegally? This is essentially saying that the United States doesn't have a right to its own sovereignty. It is the death knell for our nation.

The premise of your thread title is incorrect. Despite the partisan value of saying such things, as republican talking points, democrats would have nothing to gain from supporting illegal immigration. Legal immigrants might eventually become citizens and be able to vote, but those who entered illegally would not. Despite the bogus claim that millions of illegal immigrants voted and skewed the outcome in the last presidential election towards democrats, this has been debunked as completely false.

The fact that Trump supporters listen to him make those claims and believe them, demonstrates how thoroughly they have given up being able to think for themselves.

Old 12-28-2019, 03:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Of course other Hispanics are. lol You actually think Hispanics don't own businesses? It absolutely amazes me when I hear bigoted statements like this.

And yes the employers who hire them without a background should be punished.

Old 12-28-2019, 03:15 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Every year now millions of anchor babies are coming of voting age....they vote democrat.
More illegals....more anchor babies.

Old 12-28-2019, 03:17 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Where Trump and the republicans have failed us it’s in not punishing the businesses and employers that hire them, and not getting e-verify through.

Old 12-28-2019, 05:48 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Who defines what your fair share of taxes is?
you will have to ask the liberal leftist, it seems to be a moving target though.
Take Bernie (The Hypocrite) Sanders, last time he ran for President he was making speeches about making the Millionaires and Billionaires pay there fair share, but now that the book deal came thru and he is now a millionaire with multiple houses his speeches only talk about making the billionaires pay there fair share...
I wonder what changed?

Old 12-28-2019, 05:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Republican Reagan ... amnesty...anyone?..

Or is that somehow the dems fault too?
actually it is the dems fault, Reagan's amnesty was a deal made with the Democrats to secure the border, He signed the amnesty and the leftist scum reneged. No Republican since has trusted the lying scum on the left since, Always demanding that the border be secured BEFORE any talk of an amnesty.
you liberals have no one to blame but yourselves.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:44 AM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Then you think wrong if you don't think that legal or citizen Hispanics don't hire illegals. It's not only the "white guy" that does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies