Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 06:57 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Where’s Trump’s everyone will have healthcare and the governments going to pay for it? We get it, Trump supporters hate gays but love their guns. They won’t be happy until schools are replaced by all white prosperity churches with Saint Ivanka over the pulpit. No matter what happens, Trump supporters are mostly old people as is Trump. For everything there is a season and theirs will come to an end. When it does it will feel like the sun is finally shining. Enjoy the Trump Taliban while it lasts. Worst case the country splits and Trump supporters finally have to pay for themselves. What a shock that will be for them.
You’ve been working overtime here spreading your joy. The more Trump accomplishes, the more spiteful and ugly your posts have become.

You just keep on with your one-man tirade, Seacove. It’s a sign for many of us that the USA is in great shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 06:58 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Trump’s personality, his followers, and the brand of authoritarian conservatism they share should be driving more than liberals crazy. Right wing authoritarianism here at home should be driving any democracy loving true American berserk.

When I hear and read statements like the above post I ask, why aren't you rooting for democracy, our Constitution, our country? Why are you rooting against yourself? Are you crazy?
I see that hyperbole is the order of the day

Old 12-28-2019, 07:22 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I see that hyperbole is the order of the day
Is it hard to roll your eyes when your head is in the sand? Hyperbole? That is what you now use to
explain away the overt authoritarian tendencies of President Trump and his followers?

Old 12-28-2019, 07:25 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Is it hard to roll your eyes when your head is in the sand? Hyperbole? That is what you now use to
explain away the overt authoritarian tendencies of President Trump and his followers?
it's called democracy at work. There is nothing authoritarian about the president or government. We still live in a system of checks and balances. Contrary to leftist belief, hell hasnt frozen over. Your hyperbolic statements dont help your argument.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:36 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You’ve been working overtime here spreading your joy. The more Trump accomplishes, the more spiteful and ugly your posts have become.

You just keep on with your one-man tirade, Seacove. It’s a sign for many of us that the USA is in great shape.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
While I strongly support gay marriage, using the courts to force a change in the definition of marriage that has been around for millennia had zero basis in the Constitution. The Equal Protection Clause was never thought of by the Framers of the 14th Amendment to require changing the definition of marriage that had been accepted and known the world over. That was legislating from the bench. .
Correct.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
it's called democracy at work. There is nothing authoritarian about the president or government. We still live in a system of checks and balances. Contrary to leftist belief, hell hasnt frozen over. Your hyperbolic statements dont help your argument.

WH, Senate, House, courts all have the same roles as before. Even though TDS folks can't deal with it.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:48 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

[b]The judges Trump is installing are terrible ACCORDING TO THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION.
Remember that the ABA is considered extremely liberal /biased by conservatives.....you might want to have another source if you want us to take you seriously....

Old 12-28-2019, 08:54 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I don’t know why anyone would want the judiciary stacked with extremists from either side. It makes zero sense.
I don't understand the mentality either. I would not want a totally liberal court nor a totally conservative one. There have been Trump appointed judges that have ruled against him in court. "Five Times Republican Appointed Judges Ruled Against Trump. " USA Today. Trump may think he can but justice, but I think he will be proven wrong in the long run. I look at his sister who had to step down in disgrace to avoid an investigation for tax evasion. Yep crooked judges are out there, but one size does not fit all. I believe the vast majority are out there to do their job regardless of political beliefs, but it's better to be represented by both sides of the coin.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:55 AM

2,659 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The usual whine by the usual liberal fanatic who hates seeing normal people uphold the Constitution.
So people who disagree with you aren't normal and don't believe in the Constitution? I disagree with you, am very normal, and support our democratic institutions wholeheartedly. A lot of "normal" people espouse liberal views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies