Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 10:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Grandfather of one of the teens said the fight was “unfair”

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...mpression=true
Not sure why this is a story when it's from 2017. However, once again boys and girls -- this is the downside to crime as a career choice. Every day on the job might be your last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 10:29 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bingo. Which is exactly why I’ve always been a proponent of old weapons. Just gimme an old 1911 and let me be. LMAO...when it comes to firearms, I like them to be as simplistic as possible. In the Army, I always preferred the old stuff when we went to the range or when we went on foreign exchanges and got to fire other nation’s weapons. The more primitive, the better.

Not a fan of any new weapons.
ergo...………..revolver

Old 12-29-2019, 10:32 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
light, easy to control, not a lot of kick, you shots will stay more accurate, and short enough
...probably the very best gun for the job
Can that round go through a person and then a wall and then strike something else?

Old 12-29-2019, 10:33 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I do. When you understand the motivations of far too many of the gun crowd, the expressions of bloodlust are easily understood.

Anger, inadequacy, paranoia, immaturity, mental illness...all way too common in the hard core gun fetish crowd. There is no question a quasi-sexual/religious affectation to weapons by many of these people. Not all, but many. It's not just about constitutional rights, freedom, and self defense. The later legitimate points are the reasons we are forced to have humor too many sick people, who would otherwise be treated like the dangerous children that they are in a more sensible society.
Yeah - I get the need to defend one's home and be safe, but to openly reveal in snuffing out someone's life in the process...that goes beyond the pale.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:39 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
I do. When you understand the motivations of far too many of the gun crowd, the expressions of bloodlust are easily understood.

Anger, inadequacy, paranoia, immaturity, mental illness...all way too common in the hard core gun fetish crowd. There is no question a quasi-sexual/religious affectation to weapons by many of these people. Not all, but many. It's not just about constitutional rights, freedom, and self defense. The later legitimate points are the reasons we are forced to have humor too many sick people, who would otherwise be treated like the dangerous children that they are in a more sensible society.

Leftist garbage. Come to my gun club and many like it. People from all walks of life, jobs, men, and women shooting guns responsibly, and getting training to be SAFE and proficient. NOBODY wants to have to shoot another human being. It will change your life forever, and not for the better, but at least you will still be alive.

So take your warped view of the "GUN CROWD" as you like to lump everyone into your little stereotype and maybe educate yourself to the vast majority of legal gun owners.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:50 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bingo. Which is exactly why I’ve always been a proponent of old weapons. Just gimme an old 1911 and let me be. LMAO...when it comes to firearms, I like them to be as simplistic as possible. In the Army, I always preferred the old stuff when we went to the range or when we went on foreign exchanges and got to fire other nation’s weapons. The more primitive, the better.

Not a fan of any new weapons.
The more "primitive " the better? Well I have to say on that point I dont really concur. "Simple" would be a better term. "Primitive " brings a picture to mind for me of you armed with an 1860 Colt Army or since more primitive is better perhaps a flint or match lock. Those pesky percussion caps ya know. Cant count on them.

Modern new design and manufactured firearms really dont digress much in function from older ones. Differences are usually in the firing mechanics. How the pin is pushed into the primer.

Exposed hammers ala your CZ are considered passe with the tacticool crowd in favor of striker fired ala the Glock. External safety catches are also disdained. Something I've never been able to get used to.

I'm quite fond of the redundant safety mechanisms of my 1911. Guess I'm just old fashioned that way. Not quite as old school as you favoring "primitive" firearms. LOL...My own 1860 Army wont be getting the nod for self defense anytime soon. Unless a VERY odd set of circumstances is involved at any rate.

Keep yer powder dry.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:53 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Can that round go through a person and then a wall and then strike something else?
Most projectiles will especially heavy handgun types.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:00 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:

Well look, it took pages but there is that sexual reference. Do you see a reproductive organ when watching a movie that depicts a firearm?

Old 12-29-2019, 11:31 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Most projectiles will especially heavy handgun types.

That is why bullet selection is important. There are several bullet designs for both pistol and rifle that are made to not penetrate walls.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:40 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
light, easy to control, not a lot of kick, you shots will stay more accurate, and short enough
...probably the very best gun for the job
Loud and will over-penetrate an close range. MP5 or Ruger Carbine...something that fires 9mm fast and furious would be better for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies