Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2019, 07:08 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
A very old story. I don't get you point in posting it. Where is there controversy? A good guy bagged three bad guys. A grandfather who obviously did not care to see that his grandson was raised to be a proper man is whining because an outsider disciplined his whelp's son in lethal fashion. Too bad, that is what happens when parents fail their children. The gene pool has now been improved and thus so has the future of society. I am missing the controversy.
" Where is there controversy?" "If you have to ask the question, you would NOT understand the answer", as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yes.

Practically the perfect tool for home defense.

Light weight, low recoil, high capacity, low penetration of exterior walls with the right ammo.

Only negatives are probably not as good for tight spaces as a hand gun and the stigma attached to it as an "assault weapon" to be used by overzealous prosecutors, eager to paint the homeowner as a trigger happy gun humper.
"not as good for tight spaces as a hand gun", I prefer the "Judge".

Old 12-28-2019, 07:12 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I disagree, and I'm a firm 2nd amendment supporter, even more so a castle doctrine guy. I myself have protected myself with firearms in the past.

Details matter.

I have studied the details of this incident. Among many things he did which made it obvious he was setting a trap (he knew who the robbers were) like rushing home when he saw them heading up the isolated road to his house, stealthing in and laying in wait, he recorded the entire event, didnt call the police for 2 days, etc...

The biggest tell, he gave one of the intruders a "finishing head shot" after he had already shot her multiple times and it was clear she was no longer a threat at all (short barreled .22 hand guns are not that effective).

He went too far. Too far.

Granted, there were some really vocal liberals in Little Falls, MN that had him tried and convicted in the local press before these details came out in court and it still looked like he was just a scared homeowner protecting his home after multiple break ins.
That's fair, I was just talking about the general principle of using deadly force to protect your property, clearly in that incident there was much more going on than just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It is a Colt M4 (LE6920). Colt started branding the semi-auto 6920 "M4 Carbine" several years ago.
Gotcha.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
You'd need something that's magazine fed; there were three of them. Something like a Mossberg 590M.
Many semi-auto shotguns hold 5 shells.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:16 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Many semi-auto shotguns hold 5 shells.
Yeah I would prefer one of my shotguns to any of my AR's for home defense in most cases. If you can't get the job done with 5 shotgun shells then you probably shouldn't be using firearms to begin with or there is some John Wick type scenario going on and you are screwed anyway.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatrivercity1 View Post
Thing is you don't know who is actually invading your home.

Sure most of the time it's probably just guys wanting to steal and not kill you, but you have no idea.
" most of the time it's probably just guys wanting to steal and not kill you," and you now their intent how? Are MOST ARMED?

Old 12-28-2019, 07:21 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yeah I would prefer one of my shotguns to any of my AR's for home defense in most cases. If you can't get the job done with 5 shotgun shells then you probably shouldn't be using firearms to begin with or there is some John Wick type scenario going on and you are screwed anyway.

Many people think the same way as you. It's great we have choices and personal preferences. I hope I never need to use anything and most likely never will, thankfully. I have several non-lethal deterrents for security in my home, and an intruder would need to defeat all of them before I would have to make that decision.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:34 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
light, easy to control, not a lot of kick, you shots will stay more accurate, and short enough
...probably the very best gun for the job
Friend of mine in Vietnam. point man. comes out into a small clearing in the jungle maybe 50 meters across,at exactly the same time as a VC on the other side...……...they both fire at the same time...…...the VC's AK climbed on him...……..my friends M-16...…..not so much. Guess who survived?

Old 12-28-2019, 08:51 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
AR15 for home protection?
Sometimes invaders come in threes and three weapons against one would be deadly for the homeowner who is doing nothing wrong but living his life when thugs enter his private property.

If you don't want to get shot and possibly killed, don't break into people's homes. Simple.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:57 AM

11,443 posts, read 626,119 times
No one should feel bad for these fools....... If they didnt impose themselves on someone this woiuldnt have happend to them!!

People have a right to blindly defend themselves IN THIER OWN HOUSES!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies