Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 06:44 AM

26,873 posts, read 37,997,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I don't doubt they are.

Quite frankly, they probably assume that the attacker is white.

One thing I've found to be true more often than not is when the media doesn't report the race of a perp, the perp is often a racial "minority."
The shooting in Dayton which came just after the El Paso shootings (clearly an anti-Hispanic hate crime) was also labelled white supremacy or white nationalism almost immediately. This motive was later ruled out.

Old 12-29-2019, 06:55 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
This seems to be endemic to the NYC area. Why is that, I wonder?

Old 12-29-2019, 06:58 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Hang the bastard before sundown, right in Times Square. No lawyers, no trial.

Does anyone else get the feeling that things are spiraling out of control, everywhere you look?
No. The feeling I get is that people are drawing attention to it more.

Like how suddenly horrible vaping is because something like .0001% died from smoking illegal chemicals in illegal cartridges.

P.S. For example we got a repeat thread here saying "another" long after the attack happened. Just rich political red meat.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:04 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Leaders of neo-Nazi and other white supremacist groups met in a gesture of solidarity against Jews last weekend and talked of an accommodation with Louis Farrakhan, leader of a Black Muslim group who has been accused of anti-Semitism.

The meeting of 200 leaders and their supporters was held at the Michigan farm of Robert Miles, a former Ku Klux Klan leader. According to people who attended the meeting, several speakers talked favorably about Mr. Farrakhan.

One, Art Jones, a white supremacist in Chicago, declared: ''The enemy of my enemy he is my friend. I salute Louis Farrakhan and anyone else who stands up against the Jews.''

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/10/12/u...farrakhan.html

This article was in 1985 and the relationship between these two organizations goes back longer than that.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 12-29-2019 at 07:19 AM..

Old 12-29-2019, 07:11 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I know there have been black leaders openly antisemetic, but why would blacks hate Jews who have also experienced a long history of racism, slavery, and oppression??
Are these blacks also Muslims?
My theory? Jealously, plain and simple. Here is a small band of persecuted people - the ultimate being the Holocaust of course but 2,000 years of expulsions and killings before that - who, upon arriving at America's shores, the vast majority of them impoverished and uneducated, managed to move from poverty to the middle-class in ONE short generation (and this largely during WWII, while their relatives were being slaughtered), and to the affluent class one generation after that. They are among the highest educated, and highest earners, of all groups in this country.

How DARE they succeed and prove that prudent, responsible choices can indeed impact one's outcome in life - and that persecution and bigotry ALONE are not sure-fire predictors of poverty?

Old 12-29-2019, 07:18 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
The conundrum of antisemitism is longstanding and depressing. Jews have been scapegoated for thousands of years, and by peoples the world over. There doesn't seem to be one easy answer to it, but ideology can be toxic and antisemitic tropes were far too common as I grew up in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn.

And for the most part from what I can gather, the blacks who have been physically attacking Jews in NY have not been Muslim, though some have been so-called Hebrew Israelites. Its no secret that blacks (and Latinos) have disproportionate antisemitic views compared to other Americans, though.
I’ve never seen or heard that blacks n Hispanics hate Jews. However, I have seen Jews feel superior to others, I saw that in Miami alot. In NY it could be something else going on. I have heard Black and Asians do not play well together but the base is money. I hope this calms down, prayers for the victims.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:24 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This seems to be endemic to the NYC area. Why is that, I wonder?
Large Jewish population plus their neighborhoods are generally well off but are often just right up next to black ghettos. (Jews settled in NYC long before blacks. Many black neighborhoods were formerly Jewish so anyone thinking its the other way around is wrong).

Also the Jews in the NY area are the Orthodox type so their traditional dress and appearance stand out more plus the urban ghetto hip hop thugs are not known to be very tolerant of others.

Tensions between Jews and blacks in NYC is nothing new. Anyone remember Crown Heights? It was worse back then but it got (somewhat) better in the 2000's because blacks were in retreat both politically and population wise. However since the recent rise of liberal progressives in NYC has emboldened criminals, the attacks on Jews (and others) are coming back.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:24 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
https://vosizneias.com/2019/12/28/mo...aturday-night/

The suspect was arrested in Harlem, after fleeing to NYC following the attack.

This follows a disturbing trend of attacks by mostly blacks against Jews in NYC, which the MSM has largely been ignoring: //www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/3092570-another-antisemitic-attack-brooklyn-msm-not.html

As I've mentioned before, this kind of hatred and bigotry must not and cannot be tolerated. Its all the more shameful that your usual characters would be doing all they could to blame these attacks on white supremacy and Donald Trump if they could. But the profile of the perps make that kind of hard to do.
Here's the problem: Progressives have determined which minorities are "worthy" of protection and defense, and which minorities are not - and it goes hand-in-hand with which are struggling, and which are (by and large) successful. They go on auto-pilot to protect those whom they see as downtrodden and throw under the bus those they see as successful. Never do we see this more clearly in the black v Jew attacks.

Virtually all of the anti-Semitic attacks in Brooklyn over the past couple of weeks have been young black males against (primarily) elderly or middle-aged Jews. Thus, liberals tend to downplay the attacks for two reasons: the perpetrator is among the "downtrodden" group they wish to defend, and the victim is among the Jewish community whom they are willing to throw under the bus.

I have seen posters start threads on relatively minor racist incidents (there was one where a white racist couple yelled slurs at a black man), and while any racist incident, no matter how minor, is wrong and should be condemned, these racist incidents pale in comparison to that which the Jewish people are suffering. Yet, liberals will pile on to the "minor" racist incidents (MAGA country! Trump supporters!) while giving very little mind to the anti-Semitic attacks, especially when committed by blacks. (It is only when the anti-Semitic attacks rise to a murderous massacre, or committed by a white man, that they express whole-hearted condemnation.)

We need to take much stronger actions against those who commit anti-Semitic attacks, and yes....that includes blacks who assault Jews on Brooklyn streets. I'd say that every single one of the lowlifes should, if convicted, be sentenced to prison for the maximum. The message would be clear: don't think that because you're black, you will be protected by the liberal government of NYC. YOU will be going to jail.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Hang the bastard before sundown, right in Times Square. No lawyers, no trial.

Does anyone else get the feeling that things are spiraling out of control, everywhere you look?
No.

That one may be more aware of violent acts does not mean there is more violence.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:28 AM

862 posts, read 519,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
This is ridiculous; it has been front page news.
After over a year of them not reporting it at all...

Not good enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies