Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 07:53 AM

26,799 posts, read 37,807,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This seems to be endemic to the NYC area. Why is that, I wonder?
It has the largest historic concentration of Jews in the US and an even larger share of the very visible Orthodox Jewish population.

This is not necessarily unique to the NYC area and the US. Anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise in Europe (notably in France) as well. Though different dynamics may (or may not?) be at play there.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:54 AM

35,491 posts, read 20,853,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Interesting. Here above we have a liberal, immediately turning around the previous comment to criticize Jews. Studies have shown that antisemitism is higher among blacks then whites, as well as among first-generation Hispanics. My sense has always been that the higher level of antisemitism among blacks/Hispanic immigrants was due to their lower level of education (and consequently lower earnings...and thus jealously), but I recall Prospecting Heights Resident correcting me - pointing out that antisemitism is still higher among educated blacks than educated whites. (PHR can correct me if I my memory is shaky).
I am from Miami Beach. I can tell you that we ate from the hand of Jews who owned businesses or companies that hired my parents most of my young life. I found them a fun crowd at least at the beach, but the sense of superiority or elitists has always been there. Many accept it as they are Gods chosen - least do them no harm. I can see the distaste in some regarding that attitude. My view is many blacks are constantly competing for that equality. Their place to shine.
When the Cubans showed up - it was hell to pay from the black community. They took jobs, opened restaurants, etc. Unfortunately the blacks came as slaves, not like others who migrated with something in hand, it’s not jealousy, it’s the disparity of not achieving that status quo across the board. Many blacks now have wealth and prestige, but still the deep scar is there and poor blacks are still living a deplorable life. Educated rich black businessmen still get stopped by the police for no reason. There are Jewish gangs thriving with little police harrasment. Go figure.
I wish everyone just get along and share their knowledge and cultures with each other.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:58 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,667,651 times
Quote:
Another liberal speaks.

Nice way of defending the blacks' anti-Semitic attacks on Jews! (They don't like how they're treated by them. Pffffffttttt…..) In the 1940s and 1950s, Jews in Brooklyn were often the only ones willing to HIRE blacks. (I should know. My grandfather ran a small grocery store.) And in the 1960s, they marched side-by-side for Civil Rights, risking their own lives. And yet, you come up with some cockamamie defense of the HORRENDOUS behavior of anti-Semitic blacks: that Jews don't treat blacks well. Oye.
So, there is no history of Jews who discriminated against blacks? Were there no Jewish planters in the old south? Here is the thing. Black people see white first and Jewish second. Hence, blacks don’t give Jews a pass from having played a role in black oppression just because they are Jews. There are gentile whites who were abolitionist and who fought along side of blacks during the civil rights movement too. That was not unique to Jews. Also, I think some black people remember what side Israel was on in the issue of apartheid in a South Africa.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:59 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,467,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am from Miami Beach. I can tell you that we ate from the hand of Jews who owned businesses or companies that hired my parents most of my young life. I found them a fun crowd at least at the beach, but the sense of superiority or elitists has always been there. Many accept it as they are Gods chosen - least do them no harm. I can see the distaste in some regarding that attitude. My view is many blacks are constantly competing for that equality. Their place to shine.
When the Cubans showed up - it was hell to pay from the black community. They took jobs, opened restaurants, etc. Unfortunately the blacks came as slaves, not like others who migrated with something in hand, it’s not jealousy, it’s the disparity of not achieving that status quo across the board. Many blacks now have wealth and prestige, but still the deep scar is there and poor blacks are still living a deplorable life. Educated rich black businessmen still get stopped by the police for no reason. There are Jewish gangs thriving with little police harrasment. Go figure.
I wish everyone just get along and share their knowledge and cultures with each other.
You are back to defending blacks, and casting a big question over Jews. ("Chosen people"? I grew up in a traditional Jewish home, and attended synagogue regularly, and NEVER ONCE did I hear that.)

Please stop defending blacks for THIS THREAD AT LEAST. I don't want to hear about how they felt pushed out by Cubans, or how they came over as slaves, or what-have-you. This thread is about the repeated, frequent, and numerous attacks young black males are perpetrating on innocent Jews.

WHY must liberals always go back to defending blacks, even following yet another horrific attack? Just say it: some blacks are lowlife scumbags (and that would be the recent attackers in NY), and it's not whitey's fault, and it's not Jews' fault.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So, there is no history of Jews who discriminated against blacks? Were there no Jewish planters in the old south? Here is the thing. Black people see white first and Jewish second. Hence, blacks don’t give Jews a pass from having played a role in black oppression just because they are Jews. There are gentile whites who were abolitionist and who fought along side of blacks during the civil rights movement too. That was not unique to Jews. Also, I think some black people remember what side Israel was on in the issue of apartheid in a South Africa.
Sorry, but you're not going to drag me into a discussion about how the meanie Jews treated blacks. That's your Farrakhan indoctrination talking. THIS THREAD is about terrible, disgusting, reprehensible black men who attack defenseless Jews for no other reason than the bigotry being promoted by your idol, Farrakhan.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:00 AM

11,919 posts, read 6,511,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If it was a white guy, you know the Leftist mainstream media would be playing it 24/7 and have discussion panelists in front of the cameras blaming Trump.

But since it was a black guy, they treat it as just another minor news story, assuming they are even showing it on CNN or MSNBC.
And this is how democrats increase racial division and show that they are the true racists
Democrats don’t treat blacks as equals — if blacks do a crime they are often excused or the crime is minimized because democrats want to keep blacks separated as angry “victims” who aren’t as capable of personal responsibility.
A perfect example of democrats separatism and racism is democrat leaders explaining we can’t have voter ID because it burdens too many poor blacks.
How insulting!!

Old 12-29-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It has the largest historic concentration of Jews in the US and an even larger share of the very visible Orthodox Jewish population.

This is not necessarily unique to the NYC area and the US. Anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise in Europe (notably in France) as well. Though different dynamics may (or may not?) be at play there.
I rarely hear of black attacks on Jews outside Nyc vicinity.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

France is one of the worst! A Muslim man yelled "Aku Akbar" (or whatever that expression is) while torturing an elderly Holocaust woman before pushing her out the window to her death. And what did the judge do? Gave the Muslim a pass because he was high on pot. THAT is basically saying that Jewish lives aren't as important as "regular" people and allowing flimsy excuses for murdering them.

The poster who basically said, "eh....it's NY only.....wake me when it's over the country" is 1) diminishing the import of these attacks, and b) ignoring fatal attacks in Pennsylvania, California, and elsewhere.

Old 12-29-2019, 08:05 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,734,522 times
Intolerance and hatred for people of other races, religions, and ideologies has skyrocketed since the advent of trump's rhetoric.

Consider this as a result of trump's constant attack on the Hispanic population:

Quote:
Iowa woman said she ran over a 14-year-old girl because she 'was a Mexican,' police say
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/20/us/io...rnd/index.html

Old 12-29-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
You are back to defending blacks, and casting a big question over Jews. ("Chosen people"? I grew up in a traditional Jewish home, and attended synagogue regularly, and NEVER ONCE did I hear that.)

Please stop defending blacks for THIS THREAD AT LEAST. I don't want to hear about how they felt pushed out by Cubans, or how they came over as slaves, or what-have-you. This thread is about the repeated, frequent, and numerous attacks young black males are perpetrating on innocent Jews.

WHY must liberals always go back to defending blacks, even following yet another horrific attack? Just say it: some blacks are lowlife scumbags (and that would be the recent attackers in NY), and it's not whitey's fault, and it's not Jews' fault.
You don’t get to arbitrate the debate just because you are Jewish.

Nobody is defending the actions....people are trying to talk about the WHY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies