Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 03:19 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yes...I am ignorant, because God revealed it to Moses and not me. I don't know how many times it has been reinterpreted since Moses. I am definitely not going to go by what YOU say..lol....or any source YOU point me to.
No, you are ignorant because you have a poor education when it comes to what you are trying to talk about. It's not a big deal though, you have the right to continue embarrassing yourself if you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 03:48 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Amazing sequence. Bad guy pulls his weapon. Good guy pulls too but is too slow and is dropped. Next good guy shoots without delay. Situation over. Thank G-d for states like Texas with reasonable gun laws. If this were a blue state, we’d be reading about 25 shot dead in a church (not sure there are churches in blue states).
So this is supposed to be some sort of happy ending because everyone is armed. Plenty of other countries don't have this problem, they can go to church or synagogue in peace and don't need to be armed to the teeth. I guess we are less religious and have more mental health issues than other countries, I know it could never be our gun culture.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:49 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,426,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
Amazing sequence. Bad guy pulls his weapon. Good guy pulls too but is too slow and is dropped. Next good guy shoots without delay. Situation over. Thank G-d for states like Texas with reasonable gun laws. If this were a blue state, we’d be reading about 25 shot dead in a church (not sure there are churches in blue states).
"Not sure there are churches in blue states"? Oh come on. You may hate liberals, but plenty of them go to church. There are certainly a ton of Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Episcopalian churches in my city alone, much less the entire state. Try not to be so narrow-minded, maybe?

Old 12-29-2019, 03:51 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So this is supposed to be some sort of happy ending because everyone is armed.
It's a happy ending because the gunman was stopped in 2 seconds rather than being able to continue to kill people. That's the alternative here. You have a shooting at a religious site in Texas where fewer people were hurt than a mass stabbing at a religious site in NY. That's the difference between people who defend themselves and people who choose to be defenseless.

The attacks are coming no matter what.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:56 PM

2,264 posts, read 971,551 times
I understand why you need a concealed weapon to go to church safely in the U.S. I still prefer the way things are here in Japan though. I went to church yesterday and the furthest thing from my mind was the need to arm myself to protect myself from bad guys with guns.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
If you’ve gotta carry a gun in church, then I’ll chalk that up as yet another good reason why I’m an atheist. Why worship someone that won’t even stop you from getting killed in HIS place of worship?

Old 12-29-2019, 04:13 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,209,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If you’ve gotta carry a gun in church, then I’ll chalk that up as yet another good reason why I’m an atheist. Why worship someone that won’t even stop you from getting killed in HIS place of worship?
*Shrugs*

I don't knock people for their beliefs (or lack thereof) on religion. Believe what you will believe and leave others to believe what they will believe.

Old 12-29-2019, 04:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Why are there so many shootings in Texas?

"Texas has now had more casualties from major mass shootings than any state except Nevada."

Texas Is a Leader in Mass Shootings. Why Is the Governor Silent?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/01/o...-shooting.html

Old 12-29-2019, 04:20 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
*Shrugs*

I don't knock people for their beliefs (or lack thereof) on religion. Believe what you will believe and leave others to believe what they will believe.
Who said that you weren’t free to believe in superstition?

Old 12-29-2019, 04:23 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,003,655 times
I guess the gunman did not read the sign:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies