Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 12:48 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And like I said, most Boomers are STILL WORKING. Don't forget that part!

And we had to go from a one-earner to a two-earner family to keep up with rising costs...

It's not Boomers my friend - it's the govt. selling debt, the magic of compound interest and politicians buying votes. When it comes to election time and you have the choice of voting for someone who promises free this or that -- you will pay the bill for the free stuff. Become a fiscal conservative and join the fight.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Anyone who blames an entire generation for the effed up policies our government dreams up (on BOTH sides of the aisle) is nutty.

ALL generations suffer at the hand of our government. The blame game accomplishes nothing other than loss of credibility of the posters making such claims.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:13 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Anyone who blames an entire generation for the effed up policies our government dreams up (on BOTH sides of the aisle) is nutty.

ALL generations suffer at the hand of our government. The blame game accomplishes nothing other than loss of credibility of the posters making such claims.
Not saying its an entire generation but folks vote in these policies and the people who push them...

Old 01-02-2020, 01:18 PM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Not saying its an entire generation but folks vote in these policies and the people who push them...
And my parents, which are Boomers have voted Democrat the majority of the elections. Glad I broke that ...

Old 01-02-2020, 01:18 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
And we had to go from a one-earner to a two-earner family to keep up with rising costs...

It's not Boomers my friend - it's the govt. selling debt, the magic of compound interest and politicians buying votes. When it comes to election time and you have the choice of voting for someone who promises free this or that -- you will pay the bill for the free stuff. Become a fiscal conservative and join the fight.
Fiscal conservatives like who? Farmers? Coal miners that have stuck us with paying $10 billion for their failed PRIVATE pension plan? How many people get pensions these days and how many failed pensions are going to expect to be treated with the same generosity miners are getting? What about Kentucky getting a billion dollars? The Disability being spread all over the South? The rural counties getting billions from urban counties? Hard to tell who the fiscal conservatives are.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
And my parents, which are Boomers have voted Democrat the majority of the elections. Glad I broke that ...
Are you part of the leopards eating people’s faces committee?

Old 01-02-2020, 01:32 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
We generalize too much. I know not all boomers are greedy old folks with a “f* you I gots mines!” Mentality. Infact many of them struggle too.

And plenty of millennials know how to change a tire or break pads.

I think the problem is that many older people still think it all works the same way it did when they were young.

Sounds like you are generalizing.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
NO one party has cornered the market on bad policies. They aren't for us - they do not represent us - and they're self-serving. Both sides of the aisle. We're all victims of this. All of us. No matter who is in power.

We should start holding their feet to the fire by threatening to can them when their term is up and then doing it if they don't start voting differently.

But we're lazy and complacent and would rather sit online and blame other groups of people who are just as victimized as we are because that's more satisfying to some folks.

Old 01-02-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Sounds like you are generalizing.
I didn’t mean all older people. The original vid posted is an older dude that knows what’s up...

Old 01-02-2020, 01:43 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Fiscal conservatives like who? Farmers? Coal miners that have stuck us with paying $10 billion for their failed PRIVATE pension plan? How many people get pensions these days and how many failed pensions are going to expect to be treated with the same generosity miners are getting? What about Kentucky getting a billion dollars? The Disability being spread all over the South? The rural counties getting billions from urban counties? Hard to tell who the fiscal conservatives are.

Complaining is not going to get you anywhere. Get off the computer and go pound on your representatives door and tell them you are mad as hell. If you are old enough to vote - you share just as much responsibility as any Boomer for any money spent after the last election. Why didn't you stop it? Welcome to the real world and out of control govt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies