Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 06:42 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times

Advertisements

Will You Finally Admit That Evolution was nothing more than an elaborate hoax. However on the flip side If they do happen to find evidence of past microbial life then I will have to reconsider my position on evolution.

Quote:
The Mars 2020 rover mission is part of NASA's Mars Exploration Program, a long-term effort of robotic exploration of the Red Planet. The Mars 2020 mission addresses high-priority science goals for Mars exploration, including key questions about the potential for life on Mars.
https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/mission/overview/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 06:44 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Will You Finally Admit That Evolution was nothing more than a elaborate hoax. However on the flip side If they do happen to find evidence of past microbial life then I will have to reconsider my position on evolution.

I don’t think you are going to be reconsidering any position.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:27 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Will You Finally Admit That Evolution was nothing more than an elaborate hoax. However on the flip side If they do happen to find evidence of past microbial life then I will have to reconsider my position on evolution.
Ehh...

Old 12-29-2019, 07:46 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Great. To boldly go where no Laptop has gone before.

Old 12-31-2019, 08:25 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:

So, evolution is a hoax?
I'll bet that you also think that the Earth is 6000 years old and that fossils are just rocks.
That would make a cat laugh.

Since natural selection is a part of evolutionary theory, I fully understand why women will always say no to you and you will have no understanding that they are simply acting to protect the species.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 12-31-2019 at 08:44 AM..

Old 12-31-2019, 08:46 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:

This post makes even less sense than is usual for you.

1) Why would not finding life on Mars equate to evolution being a hoax?????? There must be eleventy-jillion planets currently existing in the universe (not to mention the planets that once existed, and the planets that don't exist now, but will exist before the universe cools off into non-existence). And you are generalizing from a sample size of TWO??????

2) If you believe that a deity created life on earth, what would preclude that deity from creating life on Mars????? Or anywhere else he/she/it/they damned well pleased?????

Finding non-earth-based life would be incredibly exciting, and would teach us a lot, but in itself, it would say nothing at all about the existence or not of a deity.

Last edited by jacqueg; 12-31-2019 at 08:56 AM..

Old 12-31-2019, 08:53 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This post makes even less sense than usual for you.

1) Why would not finding life on Mars equate to evolution being a hoax?????? There must be eleventy-jillion planets in the universe. And you are generalizing from a sample size of TWO??????

2) If you believe that a deity created life on earth, what would preclude that deity from creating life on Mars????? Or anywhere else he/she/it/they damned well pleased?????

Finding non-earth-based life would be incredible exciting, and would teach us a lot, but in itself, it would say nothing at all about the existence or not of a deity.

^^ Clearly hasn't seen Life.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
^^ Clearly hasn't seen Life.

Sounds like a really bad reworking of Alien!

Old 12-31-2019, 10:59 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Quote:

Since you mention that evolution is a hoax, that mindset usually also calls fossils just rocks. A thinking man might say if fossils are just rocks then wouldn't those rocks have unique configurations? But they don't do they? They have found multiple fossilized skeletons of Triceratops and many other species of dinosaur. Since the Sumerians and the Egyptians existed just after Genesis wouldn't they mention these creatures in their written language? Wouldn't the Romans mention contact with Neanderthal tribes?

So while you are thinking of microbes on Mars, you can also do that here on Earth. Thinking, I mean.

Old 12-31-2019, 11:00 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Sounds like a really bad reworking of Alien!

Haha. It was pretty bad. But I was bored lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies