Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2019, 10:25 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

Can you believe it, a positive article about Trump from CNN...

"Trump's airstrikes are a sensible use of force"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/opini...gen/index.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 12:54 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
I guess we should be expecting air strikes in the US from Mexico when one of its citizens gets killed by some white supremacist?

Old 12-30-2019, 01:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
I'd rather we mind our own business.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:08 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd rather we mind our own business.

I am OK with it as they were used to protect American forces, but yes overall we should not be in the middle of many of these Civil Wars. Trump knows that. Not worth the lives of our soldiers and taxpayer dollars.

The article was an OPINION piece, not CNN's version of their Leftist biased "news", but still they did publish it.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am OK with it as they were used to protect American forces, but yes overall we should not be in the middle of many of these Civil Wars. Trump knows that. Not worth the lives of our soldiers and taxpayer dollars.

The article was an OPINION piece, not CNN's version of their Leftist biased "news", but still they did publish it.
If our forces were home and protecting our borders like the Constitution says this wouldn't be a problem.

But the war mongers will continue to vote in Presidents who are war mongers like Clinton, like Bush, like Obama, like Trump.

To all of those who voted for the above thank you, thank you, thank you for making my life more dangerous than it should be.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Airstrikes are not only idiotic, but they’re cowardly and used as a way to sanitize war. We wouldn’t be so blasé about Airstrikes if we were the constant target of them.

I don’t blame Trump. After all, he knows nothing about defense or foreign affairs. They suggest the crap to him and he doesn’t bother to think it out just like his predecessors didn’t. It’s easier to just go along with it.

As Americans, we oughta be ashamed that we’ve become comfortable dropping bombs on other nations so insouciantly that we don’t even look away from our TVs to consider the consequences on the lives of other people. Just as long as we don’t feel the effects of the attacks, we don’t care. And we don’t care because we don’t consider the lives of people in other nations to be as precious as our own.

Again...cowardly. We’d better consider that the day will come when we’ll have to answer for this type of nihilistic behavior. We won’t always be able to push people around, and the bullied won’t forget about the bully either. A bill will come due. Count on it.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:32 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I can believe CNN approves of this. In this instance Trump is behaving like a neocon. The main reason they hate Trump is he is not neocon/neolib enough for them. They want war against Iran, Syria/Assad and ultimately Russia.

Old 12-30-2019, 03:34 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
There is nothing sensible about the aggressive, offensive bombing of another country. Given the hatred and resulting blowback such militaristic strategies cultivate, if anything, its idiocy.
You have to wonder if the writer of such drivel is getting a stipend from the pentagon to frame it as such?

Old 12-30-2019, 03:50 AM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Can you believe it, a positive article about Trump from CNN...

"Trump's airstrikes are a sensible use of force"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/29/opini...gen/index.html
Out of thousands of malfeasant blunders by Trump, once in awhile, just by chance, some of them are bound to work.

Old 12-30-2019, 04:57 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
I am okay with air strikes as long as they are based on good intelligence and don't involve civilians.

I was never happy with the double tap policy, whereby drones would fire again in to rescuers.

However in terms of Kata'ib Hezbollah, which has once again been attacking US Forces, they reaped what they sowed.

Kata'ib Hezbollah is an Iraqi Shia paramilitary group that is supported by Iran and has fought against US Forces during the Iraq War and has continued doing Iran's bidding for a number of years.

It's perfectly sensible to strik enemy forces in order to stop attacks on your own forces and to save the lives of your countrymen and allies.

Although the wider discussion in relation to the vast influx of US Forces in the region is a matter for a different debate.

Kata'ib Hezbollah - Wikipedia

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies