Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 04:38 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,505,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I think you are closer to the mark than some. But when one mentally ill guy or some violent thugs cause a problem it's hard to assign it to the total community.

But, still, it's well known that very poor people despise gentrification (for example) but they usually cannot do anything to stop it. So it makes sense that they would, despite the foolishness of it, attempt to hold onto their generally lousy end of the stick. It's sorta their last stand in a way.

If it were Mormon FLDS moving in there in group homes and parading around the streets in their long dresses with multiple wives, I think they'd be in trouble also.

My guess is that all this stuff is statistically insignificant. But there is some blowback in the NYC/Jersey area where strict Jewish sects have taken over townships and now control the government (and steer money away from the public schools, etc.)......it's an age-old conflict. Give most fundamentalist religions a choice and they would pay zero in school taxes and use the money for their own Bible Studies or Yeshivas. But we live in a secular society, so that's not gonna float.
Yes, you are right, the Jews deserve it.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:40 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,856,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The left are hypocrites and the right are hypocrites. Politics have become pure hypocrisy. Each side is trying to sabotage the other without regards to it ultimately destroying the nation. You can't have a discussion without it being turned to a left vs right paradigm. Then mention race a couple of times and people say that is all you talk about.....lol. No. Left vs right is all that is talked about.

That said, religion is historically combustible when mixed together. I do believe that a rise in the Muslim population from other countries will work against Jews. Jews and Muslims have become like dogs and cats, all exacerbated by the issue of Israel and Palestinians. Christianity is fading and being watered down. You do not even see Orthodox Christians in the way you see orthodox members of other religions....at least I don't. Christian seem to all conform to secularism in their dress and behaviors. Thus, without true believers there is less conflict with the other religions these days.

Jews are in a tough position because of their relative small numbers compared to Christianity and Islam. They have to watch their back. That having been said, how do you protect from the growth of the type of rhetoric that leads people to hate Jews unless someone address why these people are hating Jews? What is the rhetoric that leads to the hatred of Jews? What are Jews being accused of? I honestly don't know. I know that whatever it is it does not justify physical violence against Jews.

The thing about black people in this nation is that we have had stereotypes pounded in us, about ourselves and others. Many black people see black people in the way that white people have seen black people stereotypical. If that is true, and it is, it stands to reason that many black people see Jewish people based upon the stereotypes that were prevalent in the white culture. When you live in this country for a long time, you are culturally conditioned to all its stereotypes. Having only known a few Jewish people personally, what I mostly know of Jewish people comes from stereotypes. Stereotypes often lead to self fulfilling prophecy. I don't subscribe to the stereotypes, though. If I am looking for a lawyers, I am not gong to go try to find a Jewish guy.

If there is a lot of crime in the black community....sometimes other races and religions are going to be victims. When that happens we should not always assume that it is racial or religious motivated. Of course some of it is....but then some of it is not.
One of the better posts that I have read on this forum. I can't really add to it because it really does say it all.

How many Jewish people are victims of hate crimes a year? How many are wrongfully shot by the police per year? How many "ghettos" do jewish people account for the majority oof the population? I'm sorry but I am not seeing the Jewish as victims of mass abuses in this country.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,629,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It is understandable that you don't want to defend that statement. Cowardly, but understandable.
We can do that in another thread. But we can at least start 1/2 way since Trump admits he's a Nationalist.
We also know that Miller and Bannon have both said things along that line - both in public and privately.

In the end I could offer you 100 admissions by same and you wouldn't believe it - or, more likely, you would and you might approve of it so you'd play the game.

The "alt-right" is simply a rebranding of White Nationalism/David Duke and all the other failed efforts. Each time it returns it needs a new name so people can claim "this isn't that, it's this!".

Old 12-31-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Yes, you are right, the Jews deserve it.
I don't think you deserve to get in a car accident but millions of us will.

Understanding statistics is tough but I urge you to make the attempt. The one time bodily violence was used against me (white dude and friends) was a white gang who did the West Side Story on us (beat my bro against a rail and busted out his teeth).

Does that mean white guys jump white guys? Does that mean we deserved it?

Your logic is lacking. I think your short comments are better for twitter and such.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
One of the better posts that I have read on this forum. I can't really add to it because it really does say it all.

How many Jewish people are victims of hate crimes a year? How many are wrongfully shot by the police per year? How many "ghettos" do jewish people account for the majority oof the population? I'm sorry but I am not seeing the Jewish as victims of mass abuses in this country.
If are did away with the "since Trump" mass murders it would be dang close to zero. That is, I think you'd have to go pretty far back to find a body count of 10 or more like in Pitt and NJ recently.....

Well, I guess my feeling turns out to be factual......

"Anti-Semitic attacks last year killed most Jews in decades "......

Believe me, you can cruise the internet and find out who is celebrating. Hint: It won't be black folks.....but it will be some fellas who tend to wear weird tattoos and like the number 88.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,856,006 times
Quote:
If are did away with the "since Trump" mass murders it would be dang close to zero. That is, I think you'd have to go pretty far back to find a body count of 10 or more like in Pitt and NJ recently.....

Believe me, you can cruise the internet and find out who is celebrating. Hint: It won't be black folks.....but it will be some fellas who tend to wear weird tattoos and like the number 88.
So, in fact very few statistically speaking? Gotcha....
Look I am not anti-jewish people. I just don't see them as more than an occasional minor blip on the radar screen of hate crimes.

Old 12-31-2019, 04:58 PM

27,044 posts, read 13,295,225 times
Quote:

There have always been equally vile figures in the black community such as Louis Farrakhan, who spreads as much anti-semitic hatred as any right wng group.

It also should be noted that the attacks in NYC, a lot of the perpertrators are black as in this case.

As for Farrakhan he's banned from the UK and was also banned from twitter a couple of years ago after calling jewish people termites.

There has always been a fairly powerful black Islamic movement in the US and black supremacists including organisations such as the Nation of Islam (NOI) and Muslim Brotherhood, and make no mistake these organsations are just as bad as the far right.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
There have always been equally vile figures in the black community such as Louis Farrakhan, who spreads as much anti-semitic hatred as any right wng group.

It also should be noted that the attacks in NYC, a lot of the perpertrators are black as in this case.
I am familiar with both - but despite Louis screaming and kicking his followers didn't go into synagogues with AR's......until Trump (or even after Trump - that shooter was a white nationalist/supremecist).

The Beast (our worst tendencies) are often held in check...but just so. Not a lot of wiggle room there. Make it "more OK" to express hate and dislike and your "true feelings" and things often take a bad turn.

Or, we could just call it a coincidence - that in DECADES prior to Trump race and ethnic BS, the body count was almost nil.

Coincidences do happen but I don't believe the rise in Hate Crimes is one.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:12 PM

27,044 posts, read 13,295,225 times
Quote:
I am familiar with both - but despite Louis screaming and kicking his followers didn't go into synagogues with AR's......until Trump (or even after Trump - that shooter was a white nationalist/supremecist).

The Beast (our worst tendencies) are often held in check...but just so. Not a lot of wiggle room there. Make it "more OK" to express hate and dislike and your "true feelings" and things often take a bad turn.

Or, we could just call it a coincidence - that in DECADES prior to Trump race and ethnic BS, the body count was almost nil.

Coincidences do happen but I don't believe the rise in Hate Crimes is one.
Most of the incidents in NYC have been blacks, as was the case in the recent stabbing.

Black Islamic supremacists including organisations such as the Nation of Islam (NOI) and Muslim Brotherhood, are no better than white supremacists. Both are extremists.

As for shootings, there have been attacks on Jews by Islamic terrorists in Europe and Islamic groups have carried out a number of attacks in the west.

Finally in terms of Louis Farrakhan, he is a disgusting individual and his ilk are every bit as bad as any white supremacists.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:35 PM

18,432 posts, read 15,186,935 times
Quote:
No forum member gave me that impression - we have Chabad near us in New England and they go to the Farm Market looking for souls (Jewish souls, I assume). My brother, who is single, attended many of their functions and their spreading of the faith or gathering of the faithful (by any name) is common knowledge.

They are not evangelistic in the sense of knocking on every door and telling people they will go to Hell if they don't repent and become born again. But they, unlike many of the Orthodox sects, do believe in spreading the word to those who are not Orthodox...and they do so by invitation to dinners and such.

Nothing wrong with it. I'm just guessing that, politically, Orthodox Jews are MUCH more likely to vote for Trump or other Republicans. In fact, I am not really guessing since my family knows many (not Chabad, but conservative or orthodox Jews) and they definitely lean in that direction.

"Fifty-four percent of Orthodox Jews say they voted for Trump" - that's 300% or more higher than Jews in general. So it is "a thing" to some extent...Jews voting for a White Nationalist (and let's not argue - Trump and Miller and Bannon and friends are white nationalists).

The fact that "only" 54% went that way is actually a good sign. Many in the next election it will be less than 1/2.
Still better than voting for an old pedophile. (And lets not argue - Biden is an old pedophile.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.