Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2020, 11:29 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's not really true. Black people have a strong in-group bias just like every group other than left wing white people who actually have an out-group bias. In fact, black people have the strongest and most consistent in-group bias of any demographic.
Not true hence Black people have a higher intermarriage rate than whites and a black person is more likely to have white friends in their 100 closest friends than vice versa. People should stop spouting right wing propoganda when reality is very different. Their is zero in group bias in blacks compared to white people at least in America. Their is even less in Black Europeans who in some countries have intermarriage rates as high as 60%.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:39 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My whole life I have come across Christians that think Jews (along with all other non-Christians) are going to hell for not accepting Christ. Not just priests of pastors, but regular people. I have never once considered this to be antisemitic. I just consider it to be just one of those religious beliefs that I don't agree with. All religions have these silly (to me) beliefs, including my own religion. Show me a president who has NOT had a Pastor that believes this. It is part of the religious doctrine. Am I supposed to suddenly start considering this to be antisemitic now that it involves Trump.

It is far different than Obama’s pastor who singles out Jews and says vile things about them.
Christian crusaders raped and pillaged Jewish communities on their way to the holy land during the Middle Ages. Spain gave Jews a choice, convert, leave or be killed. Other countries followed Spain’s lead.

It was not until 1965 that the Roman Catholic Church made clear that today’s Jews are not responsible for the death of JC. Most Mainstream Christian religions did likewise.

After the Prayer Breakfast, Billy Graham and Nixon agreed Jews had to be put in their place or the country was going to go down the drain. Subsequent, Graham denied until tapes of these conversations surfaced.

It’s common for those in the White Supremacy movement to cite Jews have been historically purged as the reason why they should be purged. How’s that for logic?

The multi - century old Rothschild Family conspiracy theories persist in some circles today.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:44 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Nobody can be in the middle on this subject. You are neither for or against. You condem the violent act then you must hate the race that committed it. This is the typical trumpette way of putting everyone in a box.
Most Dems I know do not side with Tlaib or Omar, to be honest 99% only know the name of our own senator. They are not that hooked into politics, with who said what. That tabloid to say Dems are becoming anti-Semitic is far from the truth. There will be some, but it’s not 1/2 of America.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:49 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Not true hence Black people have a higher intermarriage rate than whites and a black person is more likely to have white friends in their 100 closest friends than vice versa. People should stop spouting right wing propoganda when reality is very different. Their is zero in group bias in blacks compared to white people at least in America. Their is even less in Black Europeans who in some countries have intermarriage rates as high as 60%.
True. In almost all cases, the only way blacks can exist in the world. For all others, they don't need black people in order to navigate through life, and tout "helping" black people whenever they do get a black friend.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:52 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Nobody can be in the middle on this subject. You are neither for or against. You condem the violent act then you must hate the race that committed it. This is the typical trumpette way of putting everyone in a box.
Most Dems I know do not side with Tlaib or Omar, to be honest 99% only know the name of our own senator. They are not that hooked into politics, with who said what. That tabloid to say Dems are becoming anti-Semitic is far from the truth. There will be some, but it’s not 1/2 of America.
I condemn random violent acts of all races. I condemn any random attacks on Jews, blacks, whites, Hispanics, Asians, everyone.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:57 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Christian crusaders raped and pillaged Jewish communities on their way to the holy land during the Middle Ages. Spain gave Jews a choice, convert, leave or be killed. Other countries followed Spain’s lead.
Yes they did. Fortunately, I never met any of those people.

Quote:
It was not until 1965 that the Roman Catholic Church made clear that today’s Jews are not responsible for the death of JC. Most Mainstream Christian religions did likewise.
Again, horrible. I would add that it shouldn’t matter who killed Jesus. If it does matter to someone who killed a guy over 2000 years ago, it is probably someone I wouldn’t want to associate with anyway.

Quote:
After the Prayer Breakfast, Billy Graham and Nixon agreed Jews had to be put in their place or the country was going to go down the drain. Subsequent, Graham denied until tapes of these conversations surfaced.
He did. He later apologized, seemed contrite, worked with Jewish leaders and supported Jewish causes.

Don’t confuse this with me giving him a pass. I dont. I still never fully trusted his intentions after that, but at least it was something that might have had a positive influence on his followers.

Quote:
It’s common for those in the White Supremacy movement to cite Jews have been historically purged as the reason why they should be purged. How’s that for logic?

The multi - century old Rothschild Family conspiracy theories persist in some circles today.
Yes. I have heard all of this horrible stuff before. We are on the same page here. But what does this have to do with the many Christians who hold no ill will toward me, but have the silly belief that I will go to hell if I dont accept Christ? It is one thing if they WANT me to go to hell. It is one thing if they think I am evil because I dont accept Christ. But that is not what they believe, or at least not what many of them believe. Some of them are likely antisemitic, but not for that reason.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:59 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
This is meant to be satire?

Old 01-01-2020, 01:00 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Criticize Bloomberg and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Netanyahu and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Zionism and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Epstein and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Bernie and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Jared Kushner and you are anti- Semitic :rolleyes
Nonsense.

Criticize Obama and you are racist.

Criticize federal funding for Planned Parenthood and you're a misogynist.

Support tougher immigration laws and you're a xenophobic Islamophobic, White Nationalist.

Criticize uni-gender free bathrooms and you're a homophobic, transphobic bigot.

Support Israel's security and you're an evil oppressor.

How many of those do you want ? The slightest deviation from leftist ideologue position results in accusations of one or more nasty ism's or phobias.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:15 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Criticize Bloomberg and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Netanyahu and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Zionism and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Epstein and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Bernie and you are anti- Semitic

Criticize Jared Kushner and you are anti- Semitic :rolleyes
Upon hearing that blacks are assaulting Jews and even attempting to murder them, point out that Jews have treated blacks badly or otherwise place blame with them: anti-Semitic. YES.

Single out a Jew for criticism for pointing out the anti-Semites that flock to every thread involving Jews or Israel, but not a word of condemnation to people who praise Farrakhan: anti-Semitic. Yes.

Call someone a racist for pointing out that blacks could help their community by reducing out-of-wedlock births but excuse away every anti-Semitic statement or behavior short of attempted murder: anti-Semitic. Yes.

Old 01-01-2020, 01:17 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Nonsense.

Criticize Obama and you are racist.

Criticize federal funding for Planned Parenthood and you're a misogynist.

Support tougher immigration laws and you're a xenophobic Islamophobic, White Nationalist.

Criticize uni-gender free bathrooms and you're a homophobic, transphobic bigot.

Support Israel's security and you're an evil oppressor.

How many of those do you want ? The slightest deviation from leftist ideologue position results in accusations of one or more nasty ism's or phobias.
Thanks, Jazz. You're better with the responses than I am, but our basic message is the same: the slightest criticism of anything that doesn't align with the liberal mantra, and you're a racist.....yet a Jew pointing out obvious instances of antisemitism is accused of either playing the victim card or not really a Jew. LOTS of tolerance for antisemitism, and that double standard in and of itself oozes negativity toward Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies