Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 10:07 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Isn't Fox News currently being sued for peddling this now-retracted nonsense?
No. It is not. Rich's brother sued Fox for saying something about him (the brother). Seymour Hersh has not retracted what he said about Seth Rich leaking to Wikileaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2019, 10:12 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your link says 2017.

So this is in fact the video Fox News retracted, made an apology for and said wasnt true and they no longer would use that source and is in court for ?

So someone reposted it with yesterday's date and pretended it was new info, even though it was debunked.
It is not debunked. Not even close.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
They took a disc image of it.

You don't take 'the server'. You take the hard drive, or a copy. The server is just a computer, which is a mindless, dead box of wires and capacitors. The memory of everything, including the operating system, is on the drive or drives. THAT is what you want.

The FBI took the disc images of all the backups and did their analysis.
Too bad you don't understand why you need the ORIGINAL drive(s) to do a proper analyses.

Old 12-30-2019, 11:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:

You don't take 'the server'. You take the hard drive, or a copy. The server is just a computer, which is a mindless, dead box of wires and capacitors. The memory of everything, including the operating system, is on the drive or drives. THAT is what you want.

From me explaining this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm in IT as well.

Whenever a true forensic examination is done, they must first do a bit for bit copy by someone who knows what they are doing. The copy is the one used to examine the data on the drive.

However, if any other party that didn't create the copy, such as the FBI, is to do an examination, without the original drive, they don't know if i been altered.

In order to now if a copy was or wasn't altered, they can do a hash which looks at the 0's and 1's and where they physically sit on the platters. If there has been any alterations to the copy, the hash will show this.

I'll try to find some documentation.

I know about this because the oil company I was with had to deal with a lawsuit against us over trade secrets. One day a court order showed up and several machines were immediately shut down. There was a very well documented log of where the equipment went and who had access at all times. The drives had to be locked up in a safe.

We had a lawyer that specialized in this, and he was constantly calling me and having me "witness" the drive examination.

BTW, we lost the suit. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
First, I found an article:

https://www.forensicon.com/resources...drive-imaging/

Some of the terms I used were a bit off, but it explains it.

It's my understanding that Hillary's people hired Crowdstrike, so they could have done anything and any copies given to the FBI after prove nothing.

If there was hacking, it should have first been given to the FBI with a complete chain of custody log and a allow them to make a copy for Crowdstrike.

Old 12-31-2019, 01:17 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It is not debunked. Not even close.
Yes, it is.

Old 12-31-2019, 01:19 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovementGuy View Post
This guy spreads DNC propaganda and is not to be trusted.

Gonna read up on this topic but I do know that those leaked e-mails exposed the DNC for what they really are. They also outted an agent who was sabotaging the police corruption movement, and Bernie's sabotage.

Gonna do my own research.
Dang, you are so mad at me for calling you out that you followed me to another thread about a conspiracy theory ?

That is beyond sad.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovementGuy View Post
IF he did leak the e-mails, and I'm not saying he did, he likely did it because he saw the corruption going on within the party. There was a TON of corruption exposed in those e-mails. Stuff they didn't want to get out.

I never bought the Russia narrative because the DNC was misleading people domestically in the same way they accused the RNC. I'm a liberal socially and didn't have a dog in the fight (I'm Indie), but just saw things for what they were.

We do know Twitter was fraudulently misleading the public as well as the CEO of the DNC. She was misleading the black community about issues relating to us.

Getting interesting...
Twitter misleading the public... Naw, that never happens.....

https://twitter.com/DewsNewz/status/1211792749973905408

Old 12-31-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Dang, you are so mad at me for calling you out that you followed me to another thread about a conspiracy theory ?

That is beyond sad.
From the guy that was all in on the biggest conspiracy theory in history...... Russia, Russia, Russia.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is.
How so? Assange confirmed Seth Rich as a source. Seth Rich's e-mail confirm he was a source. Technical experts have confirmed it was not externally transferred over an internet hack. It was internal with a drive. It has been confirmed, he was not robbed.

Those have yet to be "debunked"

Old 12-31-2019, 06:06 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:

Which is the exact same thing that Crowdstrike got to do their analysis. Crowdstrike never had "the server", either.

This whole thread is ridiculous nattering by conspiracy theorists or those too lazy to actually educate themselves on the facts.

The reality that these same people also vote disheartens me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies