Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 09:39 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Honestly, I don’t think there is a “rationalization” for the violence. They have no right to commit violence against others.
Which is likely why you have never committed violence, I assume. Other people don't feel as you, which is why there are always wars and violence. That is why there are so many guns in the country. People feel that there is a need to use violence.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:43 AM

21,478 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Because such attacks are not isolated to a certain city. If incidence of cancer was 10 time higher in a given city ONLY would you not want know what is causing it? Obviously something in that environment is producing this outcome that is not happening anywhere near to the same degree anyplace else.

The people who should be on the defensive are the people who are not looking for the root causes of the problem.
We’ve already identified the root cause, hatred. No need to know anything else about them. It isn’t self defense. They don’t own the neighborhood. They have zero excuse to commit violence against someone else. End of story.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its beyond weird.

The hate is real, but people are offended when others seek to figure out the root causes. They are offended to a point where they attack those who are asking the questions.

Why are they triggered?

How can you possibly find a solution to problems you don't understand, and do NOT want to understand?

It's almost as if they don't want it to stop, because then they's lose a partisan tool. That would be the same reason they have not put an end to abortion. Its a goose laying golden political eggs for them.
Exactly! They are more interested in the benefits of the optics in promoting their political agenda.

The bottom line is that Jews and blacks are still going to overwhelmingly vote Democrat. So stop trying to divide to conquer because its going to be failed strategy.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I agree with you on this 100%. And I’m not even Jewish. But I can see hypocrisy and excuse making for what it is. I wish they would just say that’s awful and condemn the actions. Stop making excuses for people who commit violence. It’s wrong. This is why kids today think they have no responsibility for their actions. People always make excuses and try to find some reason for what they did wrong. And this is not limited to black people. It’s a problem with society as a whole. Ask any teacher what happens when they call a parent about the bad behavior of their son or daughter. It often is blamed on the teachers themselves. No one will accept responsibility for their actions or the actions of their children.
That makes two of you.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:45 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
We’ve already identified the root cause, hatred. No need to know anything else about them. It isn’t self defense. They don’t own the neighborhood. They have zero excuse to commit violence against someone else. End of story.
/end thread

Old 01-02-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
You keep claiming that anyone not on the same page as you with your blame shifting search for root causes to initiations of force is "triggered" or "offended." I am neither triggered nor offended. I simply disagree with your implied rationale that these attacks are a "problem" other than simple initiations of force, and that this problem has a "solution" beyond allowing the victim to respond with whatever force they deem appropriate.

It's not just these recent attacks in NY. It's not just Jews, or blacks, or whoever. If there is a "problem", it is trying to blame shift and otherwise excuse initiations of force as being somehow justified. The "solution" is stop blame shifting and punish the initiators of force. Do not excuse the individual who initiates force. There is no excuse. Do not attempt to find a reason, because there is only one reason - hate.

That isn't me being triggered, or angry, or whatever you like to project onto whoever disagrees with you, but rather just being matter of fact and logically consistent.
No. If, as someone has suggested, the presence of the Black Hebrews and their rhetoric is causing that....then guess what.....you TARGET that group in order to prevent future such attacks. No one is seeking to blame shift. Rather, people like you are hell bent on people NOT looking deeper into the matter. It makes no sense to not seek to find what the root of the animosity is.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:49 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
/end thread
Oh no, it isn't the end, because if we just understood why people attack others, we can solve the problem of them doing it.

Apparently, if you understand why a person initiates force against another, you can stop them from doing so or even wanting to in the first place.

Not exactly sure how that works, but that apparently where the two altruistic armchair sociologists in this thread wish to take that understanding.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Really?

You've claimed that people are offended, angry and triggered, and I quoted the places you did, repeatedly. That is where I got the "keep claiming" assertion.

And you did it again, as I highlighted.

And you did it once more, as I again highlighted.
Yes, really, Not once have I claimed they are offended for not being in the same page with me.

That was your claim, not mine.

People are offended when I ask for the root causes for the hate against Jews in NY while it is not happening elsewhere.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Hatred is NOT the root cause. Hatred is an EMOTION and emotions are TRIGGERED by experiences and thoughts. So what experiences and thoughts are triggering the emotions of hate toward Jews from blacks? That is what people are hiding from....but why?

Old 01-02-2020, 09:51 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Oh no, it isn't the end, because if we just understood why people attack others, we can solve the problem of them doing it.

Apparently, if you understand why a person initiates force against another, you can stop them from doing so or even wanting to in the first place.

Not exactly sure how that works, but that apparently where the two altruistic armchair sociologists in this thread wish to take that understanding.
They keep claiming that they want a conversation about the root cause for this black violence, but all I see coming from them is criticism of everyone else participating in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies