Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 02:45 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Oh, I wonder why blacks in this area seem to hate Jews so much? Is it because of gentrification?

Dude, that’s victim blaming if ever I saw it.
Gentrification in any community creates tension. Gentrification anywhere displaces people. Gentrification in Brooklyn is displacing people, including Jewish people.

If gentrification is one of the root cause for this recent display of street violence, it is misplaced.

Old 01-02-2020, 02:46 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The evil democrat party's plan of dividing America up based on race and religion is working without a hitch. Makes you wonder why so many American Jews support the democratic party, when they have so little to offer to the Jewish people except social strife and trouble.
I call BS on this post.

Old 01-02-2020, 02:53 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Insanity. That must be the basis for the Progressive mind trying to justify this violence. It is truly amazing that these people are OK with violence against certain people. Wow. You can't make this stuff up. They are truly the enemy of freedom, liberty and a peaceful existence.
Yes, and have you followed this thread? We have leftists desperately trying to shift the blame away from the blacks who perpetrated these inexcusable attacks, and asking what Jews may have done to anger blacks. We've had everything from a liberal saying how Ultra-Orthodox Jews speak and dress differently (so what? where's the liberal "tolerance" for the "other"?), to someone with a story his dad's experience with Jewish landlords in Florida (hint: it wasn't good), to a very noted Farrakhan supporter accusing Jews of "economic violence" (which is probably Farakkhan-speak for "Jews control with their Benjamins") to a number of posters saying that the problem is that Jews have been moving into black neighborhoods (and apparently blacks don't like it).

To the last criticism of Jews, can you imagine if Jews didn't like that blacks were moving into their neighborhoods and started assaulting them, daily, on the street? Would liberals be asking what have blacks done wrong to get Jews so mad?

The double standards that liberals apply when the perp is black and the victim is Jewish is chilling.

Old 01-02-2020, 02:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not all teen-age groups. Many of the attackers have been women (like in this case) verbally and physically attacking Jews.

Is it because they look funny? Maybe in the case of the teen agers, but its something else when the attackers are non-teens.

Pure anti-semitism? Maybe, but why only in NY?

Something else? Possibly.

Both? Possibly.

Maybe no-one knows.
politically correct liberals always the great pretenders. This is pure hate crimes against Jews in NY by blacks Period. Liberals know this, but would never admit they do out of white guilt and political correctness

Old 01-02-2020, 02:59 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yes, and have you followed this thread? We have leftists desperately trying to shift the blame away from the blacks who perpetrated these inexcusable attacks, and asking what Jews may have done to anger blacks. We've had everything from a liberal saying how Ultra-Orthodox Jews speak and dress differently (so what? where's the liberal "tolerance" for the "other"?), to someone with a story his dad's experience with Jewish landlords in Florida (hint: it wasn't good), to a very noted Farrakhan supporter accusing Jews of "economic violence" (which is probably Farakkhan-speak for "Jews control with their Benjamins") to a number of posters saying that the problem is that Jews have been moving into black neighborhoods (and apparently blacks don't like it).

To the last criticism of Jews, can you imagine if Jews didn't like that blacks were moving into their neighborhoods and started assaulting them, daily, on the street? Would liberals be asking what have blacks done wrong to get Jews so mad?

The double standards that liberals apply when the perp is black and the victim is Jewish is chilling.
Liberals live to protect blacks and diminish their actions in cases like this. If it involves whites, they come out in droves to condemn them.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:16 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Liberals live to protect blacks and diminish their actions in cases like this. If it involves whites, they come out in droves to condemn them.
I thought MrT was trying to protect the blacks and bring them up economically etc?
Anyhow defend your cause and your communities. I would do the same, but some are making enemies where there were none by accusing 1/2 of Americans (Democrats)of being anti-Semitic. Most folks might have never even encountered a Jew or even thought of it much, if they did. No one offered up any solutions to the problem to prevent attacks. It’s a small community compared to the entire US, where there are no attacks happening. What’s the solution? How can this be stopped ?

Old 01-02-2020, 03:28 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,443,918 times
Quote:
The biggest problem with the woke left these days is when minorities, marginalized, oppressed and protected groups commit racists acts against other people. MSM, social media, journalism and so forth, when it comes anti Semitism, they are not looking for black people to do such acts, and are hoping of the act comes from a white person. Right now as a society, we are in a 3rd moral panic in the past 60 years. 60 years ago, the big moral panic was communism pushed by the government. 30 years later the clergy pushed satanic panic. 30 years later which is now, academia pushed white supremacy moral panic. Government, clergy and academia all control moral compass for society. If one is entrenched with one of these institutions, one can become zealots and accuse someone with out proof or evidence. I expect the white supremacy moral panic and woke culture to die down this mid decade.

Sargon of Akkad explains what you are talking about in great detail. According to some Journos and activists, blacks can not be anti-Semitic. Only whites can be anti-Semitic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VQoM8IqDd8

Old 01-02-2020, 03:36 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
For what it’s worth, I think it is a positive step by Sharpton. A lot more positive than his previous approach to this issue, so at least he is moving in the right direction. I was a little surprised to see he was meeting with Rabbi Marc Schneier, which is a name I know well, not because I am Jewish, but from summering in The Hamptons. He was well known there for his affinity for young blondes. Not long ago, I remember him being voted out of his congregation for leaving wife number 5 for his newest conquest, who I think is wife number 6 now. Because of this, I’m not sure how many Jews consider him one of their “leaders” but he has been involved with interfaith and ethnic relations for a long time, so who knows.
That’s moving the goal post. First black leaders are saying nothing because the victims are not black.... now you are throwing shade on leaders from both sides who are proving to be trying to say and do something. You totally tried to discredit the main leadership involved.

Sounds to me that you all just want to milk these incidents for political reasons.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
politically correct liberals always the great pretenders. This is pure hate crimes against Jews in NY by blacks Period. Liberals know this, but would never admit they do out of white guilt and political correctness
What is so offensive about the question that's you resort to that kind of nonsense?

Question: What is causing it:

Pure anti-semitism? Maybe, but why only in NY?

Something else? Possibly.

Both? Possibly.

Maybe no-one knows.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:42 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That’s moving the goal post. First black leaders are saying nothing because the victims are not black.... now you are throwing shade on leaders from both sides who are proving to be trying to say and do something. You totally tried to discredit the main leadership involved.

Sounds to me that you all just want to milk these incidents for political reasons.
There is no strategy to my post. I’m just being honest about the situation. I never said anything about black leaders until now. If there is something you find that is inaccurate about my post, please, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I just think you are being argumentative. I did say it is a step in the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies