Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it time for SCOTUS to overturn Roe and for states to pass their own abortion laws?
Yes 47 32.87%
No 96 67.13%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 09:38 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Abortion shouldn't be a form of brith control, but since it's available, it is.

Not that it shouldn't be available.

I'm all for those who are too dumb to protect themselves from getting pregnant/getting someone pregnant to abort the unwanted mistake. But not after 13 weeks, not after 20 weeks and certainly not in the last trimester b/c "my body, my choice". Kick that slogan in to gear (and buy a pregnancy test the first time you miss a period after having unprotected sex or forgot to take your pill, or have irregular cycles b/c you NEVER know) a few days after you miss a cycle.

Not brain surgery and pregnancy tests don't cost that much.

And abortions cost a lot more than a box of condoms.
God, I wish you guys would care more about the kids already born who are in foster care waiting for a home. Some never find a family. So they grow up never really knowing the love of a family. What's the point of adding more kids to the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 10:28 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you believe if a woman gives birth to a baby 2 months before the due dare, she has 2 months to legally kill that preemie?
Well it is in her body. But by that point you can argue that she has had several months to make a decision. I could accept restrictions on late term abortions. But we all know the GOP us going to go for far more draconian measures than that.

Old 01-05-2020, 10:53 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,378,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Should a parent be able to kill their preemie?
If it is in my body, I have ultimate say over it.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:49 PM

21,865 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Which is why they are writing letters. If it was 300, closer to the number needed to push through legislation, they would just legislate. Shocking. Legislature legislating.

If you can't legislate try to subjourn the judicial branch is not how the process works. Write an amicus brief, not a letter.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:01 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Leave women’s issues to women. I don’t understand how this RvW bothers men so much!
In the lexicon of ridiculous arguments on the Abortion issue, this absurd one is at the top of the list.

Many men care about abortions because because the children killed are their sons and daughters. Beyond that, they care because the children killed are children. It's not complicated.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Remember how they told us we were being paranoid? One issue voters?

Why is it conservatives always to want to go backward and Democrats are always looking forward.
It feels that way to you because so many Democrats are socially and morally disorientated. What you think is forward actually isn't.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:13 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no third trimester abortion because "my body, my choice". Those are done when a fetus has a condition incompatible with survival and they are rare.
What I was referring to is the following (and any pro-abortionist salivates over) :

Quote:
.....This lenient definition essentially allows for abortion on demand up until the moment of birth.
Quote:
How could “protecting a patient’s…health” be construed? Doe v. Bolton (a Roe v. Wade companion case) defines the health of the mother as “all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age—relevant to the well-being of the patient.” It’s easy to see how an ideological abortion practitioner, hellbent on securing an abortion for a patient, could conveniently use this new wording to justify a late-term abortion.
https://thefederalist.com/2019/01/24...ter-abortions/

Old 01-06-2020, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no third trimester abortion because "my body, my choice". Those are done when a fetus has a condition incompatible with survival and they are rare.
What States are you referring to? Because it is legal to abort a viable child in the third tri-mester in a number of States, NY for example. And no, the life of the mother does not need to be in peril.

Old 01-06-2020, 12:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
In the lexicon of ridiculous arguments on the Abortion issue, this absurd one is at the top of the list.

Many men care about abortions because because the children killed are their sons and daughters. Beyond that, they care because the children killed are children. It's not complicated.
You are all out WRONG. Just what right does a man have to force a woman to bare his child against her will? There is absolutely none!

Old 01-06-2020, 12:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
And pay her hush money.
My goodness, who does such a thing? President Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies