Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 08:58 PM

17,465 posts, read 6,789,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Murdering one of the top generals of a nation is an act of war against that nation in anyone's book. What is Trump thinking? Never mind...
Guess Obama's terrorist buddies shouldn't have been vacationing in Baghdad and trying to Benghazi the embassy there.

Thank God Trump was in charge and not Obama or Hillary. We'd have more dead ambassadors and servicemen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's understandable, many thousand enemies of the US died due as a result of that. I imagine the pain was nearly unbearable for you. You have my sympathy.
And you've learned nothing from that disaster, which is not surprising.

19,573 posts, read 8,491,960 times
It will be interesting to see how the Democrat's presidential candidates try to tap-dance around this.

If they are not careful, they will offend their radical left wing base, if they sound in any way celebratory.

At the same time, they will offend moderate middle American voters who still love this country if they come across as derogatory.

This should be interesting.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:59 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,754,030 times
So, did the US obtain Iraq's permission to kill someone who was legally in their country?

17,465 posts, read 6,789,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It will be interesting to see how the Democrat's presidential candidates try to tap-dance around this. If they are not careful, they will offend their radical left wing base, if they sound in any way celebratory. At the same time, they will offend moderate middle American voters who still love this country if they come across as derogatory.

This should be interesting.
It won't be interesting - it is entirely predictable. They will take the anti-American pro-terrorist position as Democrats invariably do.

8,922 posts, read 2,530,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Murdering one of the top generals of a nation is an act of war against that nation in anyone's book. What is Trump thinking? Never mind...
Attacking an embassy is an act of war, retaliating by killing those who orchestrated the attack is completely understandable to all but those who support attacks against that country.

52,555 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm in mourning over the prospect of another Middle East disaster like the invasion of Iraq in 2003, the one you screamed yourself hoarse over in support of.

How'd that work out for ya?
i must’ve missed that. links please.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i must’ve missed that. links please.
I'd be interested in seeing links to that as well.

I don't think he really means any of that, he's just upset that several terrorist enemies of the US just lost their lives due to orders by the evil orange man.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:04 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'd be interested in seeing links to that as well.

I don't think he really means any of that, he's just upset that several terrorist enemies of the US just lost their lives due to orders by the evil orange man.
Of course I mean that, we just declared war on Iran. And for what? To appease Israel, or to start a war with Iran?

Neither are good ideas, no matter how blindly you follow Trump.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Of course I mean that, we just declared war on Iran. And for what? To appease Israel, or to start a war with Iran?

Neither are good ideas, no matter how blindly you follow Trump.
Really? Do you have a link to the US declaring war on Iran?

I'm pretty sure that's something that didn't happen.

What the US just did was retaliate against those who carried out an attack on a US embassy and nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies