Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 09:49 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Rising oil prices serve to benefit Russia's economy. Trump couldn't use Ukraine to get reelected so he is bowing to Putin to assist him win election and grab money. All roads....
Educate yourself.

The US is the worlds largest Exporter in Oil now and it will benefit Texas more than it will ever benefit Russia.
Besides, Iran is now a ZERO in the oil market. Their supply has almost been cut off due to embargoes (Thanks Trump).

This will not even be a factor in the Oil Market more than a few days. There is currently a oversupply in the oil markets.

You are showing your lack of smarts on the subject. Just Trump hysteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 09:50 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
These pro-Iran people have zero clue about Iran... It is a fragile government and wouldn't be hard to topple... Nobody cares about generals... Nobody...

Old 01-04-2020, 09:50 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Cowardice, weakness, and sympathy if not outright support for the enemies of the US is to be expected from your average Democratic party candidate for president. It would only be news if that weren't the case.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:51 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Suleiman may be a terrorist to us, but he is a hero to Iranians and millions of others in the middle east for, among other things, defeating ISIS (which HE not Trump did). To call him a terrorist is on the same plane as calling Patreus a terrorist. Both men kill in the name of their patriotic goals. The distinction is which side you are on.
Yeah, i know. I suspect there are as many terrorists among our own ranks as there are among theirs. Taliban, isis, iranian national guard- today’s freedome fighters are tomorrows dictators.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
My son is in the military. If he gets deployed he is fully ready and willing to fight for our country. I support Trump. This general was a horrible person who is directly responsible for the deaths of 100's of American soldiers.
Indirectly. Those Americans were killed by Iraqi Shiite insurgents aka The Mahdi Army. They were backed by Iran, much like North Vietnam was backed by the Soviets.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:53 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Obama appeasment to brutal dictators? Try telling that to Osama Bin Laden.
Yup. Our most ardent CD Trump supporters just make stuff up. Bending reality and creating an alternative fact pattern.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:55 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Whats weird for me - i dislike Trump but i much prefer his PR approach when handling an assassination. Don’t try to act like the US is all innocent and bound by the Geneva convention. Trump wanted a high level terrorist killed, so he did it and he owned it. Its actually kind of refreshing. The results may not be so refreshing, but at least the idea that government should operate its killing machine with some transparency is less insulting than doing everything covertly then acting like we had nothing to do with it.
He came, we saw, and he died !!! Shouldn't we all be cackling like Hillary ?

Old 01-04-2020, 09:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Trump ... drone strike

This was imprudent, actions have consequences and Trump can't see beyond the next corner. He did this probably in response to polling numbers that are disturbing the wealthy donor base, they are calling for some bold action to gin up support. Wars can do that.

Wag the dog.

Old 01-04-2020, 09:58 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
In where? Iran?
I never heard Obama called a warmonger. Wimp. Weakling. Coward. But never a warmonger.
Obama sent money. That didn't work. Signed an agreement merely so he could claim he signed an agreement. Didn't work, obviously.

Nah. I prefer Trump. A high level terrorist has been killed. Iran really didn't think we would do that.
Will Iran attack US military assets? I dunno. But in the event they do, several responses have already been laid out for us to chose from. We can hit Iran in their country. They cannot hit the US.
You must not have been here very long.
Search for warmongering liberals and Obama.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...t-pro-war.html

All of a sudden the left is pro war. (middle east, death, Clinton

Old 01-04-2020, 09:59 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Nope we need to leave- 20 years is enough -stop importing millions of them -they hate us -wake up
I know how to stop the 20 year war -
Bring back the draft
We are jus t making congressmen rich -they keep sending their sons over to be contractors at insane salaries

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-04-2020 at 10:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies