Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 10:33 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ok great. Send your kids to another war then. We will call it WW3. I doubt our allies will help though since Trump has insulted and alienated them. We don't need more of our military dying for a useless cause. What Trump did accomplished nothing. He has just caused more unrest in the Middle East. That is on him not Iran.
Quote:
Send your kids to another war then
Those of us with kids in the military have chosen to be in the military. Both of my sons are US Marines and both have been in combat. It was their choice to do so, no one forced them to do so and no one has forced them to keep on re-enlisting.

Quote:
I doubt our allies will help...
When have they actually stuck around to do so? Historically it's been the US going out to help them. The only other country with international bases after the US which is barely 1% is the UK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Well for one, Trump doesn't read his briefings. So he has no clue. And why have thousands of lives been lost. Oh because we keep sending them there. How about we just stay out of it.
And you know this because you.....?

How about "they" get the hell over their backward ass medieval ways? Or even better? Keep it all to themselves and then make sure the "human rights" activists leave them alone? No need to worry about women or children in Iran or Iraq or whatever other country in the ME that is good with living in the stone age. Let them beat and shoot a woman for getting raped or toss acid on a woman for whatever her husband says she should have acid tossed in her face.

Who cares what they do?

Let 'em be backwards.

Problem is? They don't KEEP their backward ass ways to themselves.

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
And atheist morons....
The difference is atheists believe in themselves whereas religion teaches you to believe in an unknown God to worship. People believe what they want to believe though. And that's ok.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:38 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
And you know this because you.....?

How about "they" get the hell over their backward ass medieval ways? Or even better? Keep it all to themselves and then make sure the "human rights" activists leave them alone? No need to worry about women or children in Iran or Iraq or whatever other country in the ME that is good with living in the stone age. Let them beat and shoot a woman for getting raped or toss acid on a woman for whatever her husband says she should have acid tossed in her face.

Who cares what they do?

Let 'em be backwards.

Not our problem.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Not our problem.
Exactly, it's not BUT, again:

Old 01-04-2020, 10:50 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
You obviously have no knowledge of foreign relations just like Trump. And I'm not a liberal
How so? I didnt say you were. You obviously..,bla bla

Old 01-04-2020, 11:10 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Is this an orphan post? To what weapons are you referring? Perhaps you meant to post this on a different thread?
No it’s an honest question.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:10 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,747,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I agree. Trump is luring Iran to take significant military action as an excuse to finally unleash another Shock & Awe.
Maybe. Hard to tell what they will do but I think Iran is smarter than Trump and won't be lured anywhere that Trump wants them to go. The head guy is a cleric, not a soldier so there will be a lot of bluster and noise. I'm sure they have contingency plans but we created a power vacuum by killing the #2 guy/military chief as well as the main Hezbollah militia guy so they might take some time sorting things out. There is always a power struggle going on.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:19 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Keyboard warriors...its sad. You aren't the one about to sacrifice a leg or eye or life. You aren't about to lose a son or father. Its all so senseless, and you all so thoughtlessly support it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Because their pastors told them to. And they believe that a massive war in the Middle East may kick off the apocalypse and the second coming of Christ. Or maybe it’s just since Trump is against abortion and homosexuality that anything he does is divinely ordained and cannot be questioned.
Nope. You're are really close, but you have pinned the tail on the wrong donkey.

First, abortion: Even Russia is rethinking their abortion laws, because they, (like the u.s) are in a baby bust. Second homosexuality, I've got nothing really on that, but just that they will never accept the act, but will profess to love the actor. imo, allowing same sex to marry, will put more money into lawyers pockets, as with marriage comes divorce. I'm sure there are 'legal' benefits to the marriage, that I know nothing about, thus the push for a 'legal' pursuit, but morally, same sex marriage will never been seen as something that is ordained by God ... Which brings me to Trump and his ~ cough ~ divine self ...

The biblical story the Christian right uses to defend Trump

"Many evangelical speakers and media outlets compare Trump to Cyrus, a historical Persian king who, in the sixth century BCE, conquered Babylon and ended the Babylonian captivity, a period during which Israelites had been forcibly resettled in exile. This allowed Jews to return to the area now known as Israel and build a temple in Jerusalem. Cyrus is referenced most prominently in the Old Testament book of Isaiah, in which he appears as a figure of deliverance."

I had to look that up when Trump took office, because I was like how in the world, can they drink the koolaid ... shoot, they've got an explanation for everything. Right is Wrong, and Wrong is Right --- But if we think they'd like to bring about an apocalypse, judgement day? Nope and Christians believe Christ is going to show up, right on time; in His time.

However, Islam, would very much like to have their 12th Imam up on the scene ...

Final, when the 12th Imam was first mentioned 14 years ago, no one knew what that was ... I caught the speech of the first made mention of this 12th Imam ... back then there was very little on this, but what was said was true. Today Internet being what it is, there is a lot of miss information in circulation. Everything they do though, they do, believing it will bring their 12th Imam out of hiding ... (out of my bookmark archives; the only one not a 404)

Ahmadinejad Awaits the Hidden Imam

"At the end of his speech at the United Nations in the fall of 2005, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made an invocation to Allah to bring about the speedy reappearance of the Hidden Imam.
<snip>
The immediate question: who is this Hidden Imam to whom he referred?"

PS: Trump's ego is why he does what he does. Obama took out Laden ... Trump had to trump, Obama --- Season 3 reality t.v., I've been following along ...

Old 01-04-2020, 11:23 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
The show must go on so Trump thinks up 'cute' little things to entertain with.

Sad...because this is serious stuff not some -- 52 attacks for 52 hostages........that's not how an adult in charge of a country behaves.

The general was a terrible person. THe claim is there was imminent threat to Americans.

We have to take the word of this administration because it is sickening to think they would make that up....but either way -- if there was no imminent danger before...there sure as hell is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies