Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2020, 08:58 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I was hoping for a more disciplined planned withdrawal rather than being expelled from a country because of our actions.

First, they passed a "resolution" as does the Senate and House often does. That does not make it law nor does it make it final. Second, the call is for the Iraqi government to end the agreement and establish a timetable for withdrawal so even if that happens it will indeed be a disciplined withdrawal that will probably extend well into Trump's second term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 08:58 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Saudi backed forces attacked a US base in Somalia today.
Which is exactly why we should not have gotten ourselves involved in the 1990 war in Kuwait.

Think about what I said there. If we had never gotten involved 9/11 would have never happened saving us tens of thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars.

A saying in the middle east is "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" which is fine until they make friends with their former enemy with their former friend now their enemy. Remember when the American government helped Bin Laden fight the Russians in Afghanistan? We were his friend then... never trust a Muslim to be a friend because they will eventually put a knife into your back.

Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
First, they passed a "resolution" as does the Senate and House often does. That does not make it law nor does it make it final. Second, the call is for the Iraqi government to end the agreement and establish a timetable for withdrawal so even if that happens it will indeed be a disciplined withdrawal that will probably extend well into Trump's second term.
And they'll quickly start to complain about it if it does happen.

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm sorry for your loss, but that doesn't change the fact that your logic in assuming bombing and killing people will make them come around to your point of view is flawed. In fact, you should understand that better than most.
I’ve never expected Iran to come to our point of view. I question how you came to that conclusion.

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
We don't have to destroy Iran or kill any Iranians... all we need do is simply turn their electricity off which should be easy enough to do.

We do not bomb their generating stations all we need do is cut the transmission lines.

Imagine New York City without any electricity for a month and that is what Tehran would be like. Imagine New York City where the only lights on were at city hall and the mayors house.

Iran can have all the misery they want inside their own borders.

No boots needed and no American lives lost.
They can do the same to us, you know. The Trump admin has already warned of potential cyber warfare, etc.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:05 AM

According to CNN:

The Iraqi parliament has voted to obligate the Iraqi government "to work towards ending the presence of all foreign troops on Iraqi soil,†according to the media office of the Iraqi parliament.

That doesn't sound like it carries much teeth. And hasn't "working towards" it been the goal of everyone all along? Note it doesn't single out American troops it says all foreign troops. That would include Iranian generals.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:06 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Which is exactly why we should not have gotten ourselves involved in the 1990 war in Kuwait.

Think about what I said there. If we had never gotten involved 9/11 would have never happened saving us tens of thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars.

A saying in the middle east is "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" which is fine until they make friends with their former enemy with their former friend now their enemy. Remember when the American government helped Bin Laden fight the Russians in Afghanistan? We were his friend then... never trust a Muslim to be a friend because they will eventually put a knife into your back.
American troops fought side by side with Soleimani's militias in driving ISIS from Iraq. Now we drone him.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They can do the same to us, you know. The Trump admin has already warned of potential cyber warfare, etc.

Quit reading scare mongering and shivering in the corner. No, they can't. They are way outmatched in this department. Iran is the one that had most of their centrifuges destroyed with a virus.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:08 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
In the same situation Obama would call Putin to make sure he would not be upset or interfere with putin's ME strategy.

Every time there was an incident, Obama checked in with putin. Putin and Valerie jarret direct Obama's ME policy.

Who told Obama ISIS was the JV team??????????? the CIA? Valerie? Putin?
Obama had to do that to support the narrative he was selling so he would be re-elected.

Red line is Syria, putin told Obama to back off.

did it for Ukraine too.

missiles to Poland, Putin told Obama not to do it!

Putin invades crimea, told Obama it was okay to send food and blankets.

Trump should reduce the number of Iranian targets to just one. Putin be damned

Old 01-05-2020, 09:11 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
I seriously doubt Trump makes all his decisions all on his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies