Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2020, 11:37 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times

Advertisements

Iran proved to be the civilized nation they have been for 1000 years. Trump bungled the US to brink of another mideast war and needs to be removed before he screws up something else. He has no business in the Oval Office. He lacks the temperament and the skills to be president. 2/3 of Americans and everyone else on earth are asking themselves what stupid move he is going to make next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 11:39 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Leftists--as much as you are loathe to admit it given your irrational and rabid hatred of our president--you've been proved wrong again. No WWIII. Just a dead terrorist and a sad, targeted response by Iran that wasn't designed to kill anyone (Iran has precision missile technology and spies on the ground, so if they were stupid enough to actually try to kill American troops, they could have done so . . . but they knew the hell that would follow if they tried).

And, no, @middle_aged_mom, Iran did not just start to escalate things after we pulled out of the nuclear deal. But, even if they did, think about what you're saying. You're blaming the non-violent act of the US pulling out of a deal for violence perpetrated by the rabid, Jihadist regime. That's no country I want to be in alignment with.
Awfully heavy rhetoric you Trump supporters are "loathe" to avoid in typical irrational and "rabid" fashion, and again with how no WWIII proves anyone wrong or right? I haven't seen many comments declaring that Trump just started WWIII, but leave it to Trump supporters to reach far and wide for whatever argument makes them feel they are right and everyone else wrong. There is a great deal to consider here, now and well into the future, that falls short of WWIII.

But okay. No WWIII so "all is well."

You've just really got to be kidding...

Old 01-08-2020, 11:40 AM

996 posts, read 379,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
All you keep hearing is all you want to hear...

Depending on what you or anyone means by "gloom and catastrophe," I suppose neither is all that likely from a practical standpoint, but is that what you or Trump means by "all is well?" Is believing gloom and catastrophe is not imminent supposed to be somehow satisfying or good enough?

Put aside the history lessons that prove how catastrophe isn't always so far fetched, what of simply trying to minimize hostilities instead of aggravating them? If we are going to go the way of assassinating other world leaders, why this one and not any of the good many other bad guys? What is the rationale and end plan. Can we at least agree there should be one? What in the hell can it be all considered?

More my concern is all the unnecessary forms of retaliation and "bad blood" that continues for years if not decades born of incidents like this, AKA terrorism. We need more intelligent foreign policy that makes some sense, not this sort of Trump-in-a-china shop sort of drama.

I've been taking a deep breath ever since I saw that Trump was going to be our next POTUS. Nothing I'm explaining here is "Panic City" or anything but reasonable. My biggest concern is that Trump supporters have given Trump this sort of space to do anything without any intelligent reasoning, regardless whether the results are catastrophic or just sad. All just unnecessary and unproductive!
He was elected. That “ sort of space” is what elections are all about. Win the election in 2020 and you can have whatever” sort of space” your elected representative wants. We can see from who Democrats have elected in Congress what “ sort of space” they have created. A 3 year non stop effort to take away the will of 63 million Americans.I am still waiting for any evidence that this POTUS has significantly , or even marginally had a negative affect on normal, hard working Americans.
Please give me the details. Show me the evidence.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Iran proved to be the civilized nation they have been for 1000 years. Trump bungled the US to brink of another mideast war and needs to be removed before he screws up something else. He has no business in the Oval Office. He lacks the temperament and the skills to be president. 2/3 of Americans and everyone else on earth are asking themselves what stupid move he is going to make next.
Screwed up? Americans that the MSM were saying were going to be in harms way are alive today.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Obviously, their targets weren't the housing but nearby to demonstrate their accuracy.
At least four missiles hit in the middle of the base and destroyed buildings. If there were no casualties, it can only mean those buildings were empty, or were used to store equipment, not people. They probably moved people out in anticipation of the attack.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:45 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Awfully heavy rhetoric you Trump supporters are "loathe" to avoid in typical irrational and "rabid" fashion, and again with how no WWIII proves anyone wrong or right? I haven't seen many comments declaring that Trump just started WWIII, but leave it to Trump supporters to reach far and wide for whatever argument makes them feel they are right and everyone else wrong. There is a great deal to consider here, now and well into the future, that falls short of WWIII.

But okay. No WWIII so "all is well."

You've just really got to be kidding...
Y'all keep claiming doom and gloom regarding a Trump presidency and President Trump's actions and y'all keep being proven wrong. Maybe its time to realize that y'all are so far off base that its not even funny?

You leftists were claiming that President Trump was leading us to war and actually had the gall to criticize an attack on a man who is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers over the years AND was actively involved in the recent assault on our Iraqi embassy, where rabid protesters were scaling gates and seeking to get in and do who knows what to our personnel inside (we already saw what such people are capable of from Benghazi). He was also behind attacks that killed an American contractor in Iraq in the last two weeks.

Let's be clear here. President Trump was provided lawful, proportionate responses to retaliate against such a beast by military professionals and he chose an option to take out this terrorist. The military professionals didn't believe that their lawful recommendation (one of three) would lead to further bloodshed and recommended the move to stop further bloodshed at the hands of Soleimani. Only leftists seemed to not get this memo and, instead, engaged in their usual hysteria.

And, no, all is not well. But, contrary to what leftists would have you believe with their ridiculous attacks and rationale (and I use that term loosely), things haven't been well for some time now. We just finally struck back.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This was precisely my point a post ago. Iran didn't target to kill; they're not that stupid or suicidal. They had the technology (and spies on the ground to know the location of targets) to have taken kill shots if they so chose. This merely gave them the opportunity to not lose face and to show what you say.
Perhaps. But I say their capabilities are over rated. Their infrastructure to produce replacement weapons are questionable. They are broke. They have very little financial resources.Considering their response , one can’t discount that as a possibility. They have been bleeding cash for some time. Chrysler comes to mind just before they went under.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:48 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
If there was divine intervention, then I guess we really had it coming to us on 9/11?

So no, I don't agree with the premise.

P.S. Those 12 missiles didn't miss on accident. They served the purpose of PR for Iran without risking a full out war.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:49 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They probably moved people out in anticipation of the attack.
What's so probable about it? President specifically mentioned advance warning systems.

It's even possible that the Iranians, in some way, warned them in advance.

It's all a charade, a stage show.

This act in the play is done, but the show must go on.

3,472 posts already. Ticket sales are booming!

Old 01-08-2020, 11:49 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
At least four missiles hit in the middle of the base and destroyed buildings. If there were no casualties, it can only mean those buildings were empty, or were used to store equipment, not people. They probably moved people out in anticipation of the attack.
What good was that for them to target buildings which were empty? Iran really didn't want to go to war with America over us taking out the high value target last Thursday, that even top Iranian officials knew was only going to get them more involved in conflict with the US over time because of what he was involved with initiating, planning, and executing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies