Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2020, 04:44 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times

Advertisements

It has been said that Trump might be sociopath. It's a good thing because he is not lying awake at night thinking about the 170 innocent people blown up in mid air. Were it not for his impulsive actions they would all be alive. But I think having a CIA guy as the director of the State Department made it pretty clear to so called friends and enemies what the agenda was going to be.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 01-10-2020 at 05:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 05:29 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Europe is getting back the criminals it sent to the MENA after they were recruited in mosques run by clerics working for the intelligence services. They are basically getting back the criminals who were used to living in lawless conditions, thanks to the wars.

The Islamic extremism red herring will wither away if the US leaves the Middle East and the Iranians and the Saudis reduce their competition. There is no need to build hundreds of military schools (maddrassases) to recruit uneducated poor to fight faux religious wars for their Pakistani and Saudi sponsors.
This has been going on for decades starting with slicing up of the ME and the numerous back door deals performed primarily by the British after WW1 with some of dating back to the early 1800's. The US could leave the region, but it's doubtful anything will change for the better. What the world sees as Islamic, I see as Tribalism. When people talk of themselves, they don't talk in relation in being Islamic, Sunni or Shia. They speak of in relation to their Tribes. Tribalism is alive and well. The West has no understanding of the workings of the ME and that's what will take them down. It's unbelievable that no one has noticed that there a rarely any Arabs or Muslims in these threads. The known groups of Terrorists are easy, the unknown are not and they are plentiful.

Al-Islah (or Da'wat Al-Islah)

Fatah al-Islam (Lebanon)

Associazione Musulmani Italiani (Association of Italian Muslims)

Khalaya Al-Jihad Al-Emirati (Emirati Jihadist Cells)

Osbat al-Ansar (the League of the Followers) in Lebanon.

The Finnish Islamic Association (Suomen Islam-seurakunta)

Alkarama organization

Al-Qaeda in the Land of the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM or Tanzim al-Qa idah fi Bilad al-Maghrib al-Islami)

The Muslim Association of Sweden (Sveriges muslimska forbund, SMF)

Hizb al-Ummah (The Ommah Party or Nation's Party) in the Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula

Ansar al-Sharia in Libya (ASL, Partisans of Islamic Law)

Det Islamske Forbundet i Norge (Islamic Association in Norway)

Ansar al-Sharia in Tunisia (AST, Partisans of Sharia) in Tunisia

Islamic Relief UK

Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen (HSM) in Somalia ( Mujahideen Youth Movement)

The Cordoba Foundation (TCF) in Britain

Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP)

Boko Haraam ( Jama'atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda'Awati Wal-Jihad) in Nigeria

Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) of the Global Muslim Brotherhood

Jama'at Ansar al-Shari'a (Partisans of Sharia) in Yemen

Al-Mourabitoun (The Sentinels) group in Mali

Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (Taliban Movement of Pakistan)

Ansar al-Dine (Defenders of the faith) movement in Mali

Abu Dhar al-Ghifari Battalion in Syria

Jama'a Islamia in Egypt (AKA al-Gama'at al-Islamiyya, The Islamic Group, IG)

The Haqqani Network in Pakistan

Al-Tawheed Brigade (Brigade of Unity, or Monotheism) in Syria

Ansar Bait al-Maqdis (ABM, Supporters of the Holy House or Jerusalem) and now rebranded as Wilayat Sinai (Province or state in the Sinai)

Lashkar-e-Taiba (Soldiers, or Army of the Pure, or of the Righteous)

Al-Tawhid wal-Eman Battalion (Battalion of Unity, or Monotheism, and Faith) in Syria

Ajnad Misr (Soldiers of Egypt) group

The East Turkistan Islamic Movement in Pakistan (ETIM), AKA the Turkistan Islamic Party (TIP), Turkistan Islamic Movement (TIM)

Katibat al-Khadra in Syria (The Green Battalion)

Majlis Shura al-Mujahideen Fi Aknaf Bayt al-Maqdis (the Mujahedeen Shura Council in the Environs of Jerusalem, or MSC)

Jaish-e-Mohammed (The Army of Muhammad)

Abu Bakr Al Siddiq Brigade in Syria

The Houthi Movement in Yemen

Jaish-e-Mohammed (The Army of Muhammad) in Pakistan and India

Talha Ibn 'Ubaid-Allah Company in Syria.

Hezbollah al-Hijaz in Saudi Arabia

Al Mujahideen Al Honoud in Kashmor/India (The Indian Mujahideen, IM)

Al Sarim Al Battar Brigade in Syria

Hezbollah in the Gulf Cooperation Council

Islamic Emirate of the Caucasus (Caucasus Emirate or Kavkaz and Chechen jidadists)

The Abdullah bin Mubarak Brigade in Syria

Al-Qaeda in Iran

The Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)

Qawafil al-Shuhada (Caravans of the Martyrs)

The Badr Organization in Iraq

Abu Sayyaf Organization in the Philippines

Abu Omar Brigade in Syria

Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq in Iraq (The Leagues of the Righteous)

Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR)

Ahrar Shammar Brigade in Syria (Brigade of the free men of the Shammar Tribe)

Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq

CANVAS Organization in Belgrade, Serbia

The Sarya al-Jabal Brigade in Syria

Liwa Abu al-Fadl al-Abbas in Syria

The Muslim American Society (MAS)

Al Shahba' Brigade in Syria

Liwa al-Youm al-Maw'oud in Iraq (Brigade of Judgment Day).

International Union of Muslim Scholars (IUMS).

Al Ka'kaa' Brigade in Syria

Liwa Ammar bin Yasser (Ammar bin Yasser Brigade)

Ansar al-Islam in Iraq

Federation of Islamic Organizations in Europe

Sufyan Al Thawri Brigade

Ansar al-Islam Group in Iraq (Partisans of Islam)

Union of Islamic Organizations of France (L'Union des Organisztions Islamiques de France, UOIF)

Ebad ar-Rahman Brigade (Brigade of Soldiers of Allah) in Syria

Jabhat al-Nusra (Al-Nusra Front) in Syria

Muslim Association of Britain (MAB)

Omar Ibn al-Khattab Battalion in Syria

Harakat Ahrar ash-Sham Al Islami (Islamic Movement of the Free Men of the Levant)

Islamic Society of Germany (Islamische Gemeinschaft Deutschland).

Al-Shayma' Battalion in Syria

Jaysh al-Islam in Palestine (The Army of Islam in Palestine)

The Islamic Society in Denmark (Det Islamiske Trossamfund, DIT)

Katibat al-Haqq (Brigade of the Righteous)

The Abdullah Azzam Brigades

The League of Muslims in Belgium (La Ligue des Musulmans de Belgique, LMB)

Last edited by Pruzhany; 01-10-2020 at 05:40 AM..

Old 01-10-2020, 05:37 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It has been said that Trump might be sociopath. It's a good thing because he is not lying awake at night thinking about the 170 people blown up in mid air. Were it not for his impulsive actions they would all be alive. But I think having a CIA guy as the director of the State Department made it pretty clear to so called friends and enemies what the agenda was going to be.
LOL...Thanks, needed a good laugh this morning.

Old 01-10-2020, 06:26 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
It has been said that Trump might be sociopath. It's a good thing because he is not lying awake at night thinking about the 170 innocent people blown up in mid air. Were it not for his impulsive actions they would all be alive. But I think having a CIA guy as the director of the State Department made it pretty clear to so called friends and enemies what the agenda was going to be.
My friend’s dog died a few days ago, and I know that Trump is responsible in some way. I just haven’t yet traced all the steps back to him, but I am working on it.

R.I.P. Dexter

Old 01-10-2020, 06:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My friend’s dog died a few days ago, and I know that Trump is responsible in some way. I just haven’t yet traced all the steps back to him, but I am working on it.

R.I.P. Dexter
Recall the 1990's game of "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" where everything was just six steps removed from Kevin ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_De...of_Kevin_Bacon

The new Liberal 2020 Game is the 3 Steps of Donald Trump. Every disaster or war action is just a short 3 steps tied to Trump.

CNN reports Trump talked Prince Harry to move to the US just to pizz off the Queen and start a war with the UK.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:36 AM

9,362 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
For all we know, it is entirely possible that some high placed Iranians got sick and tired of this Soleimani and betrayed him: history shows time and time again that the ones closest to the victim are the traitors, too many examples to cite.

Then they somehow contacted the US and both agreed to put on a show.

A win-win and the military-industrial complex on all sides continues business as usual.
Yesterday Reuters ran a rather in-depth article about middle-level people in Iraq and Syria who betrayed Soleimani. Don't know if other outlets ran similar articles.

Hard to believe that such people by themselves could pull it off without orders from people closer to Soleimani higher up who can now use these middle-level people as plausible-deniability scapegoats.

In any case, government-appointed panels in Iraq to investigate the matter will very probably wind up like most other government-appointed panels to investigate such matters.

Somebody very close to Soleimani had motivations to terminate him and sought a little help from his friends.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

All the best!

P.S. I now see that the article has been syndicated, I don't know the original source.

Old 01-10-2020, 08:42 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Yesterday Reuters ran a rather in-depth article about middle-level people in Iraq and Syria who betrayed Soleimani. Don't know if other outlets ran similar articles.

Hard to believe that such people by themselves could pull it off without orders from people closer to Soleimani higher up who can now use these middle-level people as plausible-deniability scapegoats.

In any case, government-appointed panels in Iraq to investigate the matter will very probably wind up like most other government-appointed panels to investigate such matters.

Somebody very close to Soleimani had motivations to terminate him and sought a little help from his friends.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

All the best!

P.S. I now see that the article has been syndicated, I don't know the original source.
Interesting article. Thanks for posting, bale.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:04 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
63 people on that plane shot down were Canadian. And it's quite clear that Iran shot the plane down (although I believe it was accidentally) because of the high tensions in the region....due to Trump's airstrike and Iran's response with shelling of nearby American-friendly bases.

Curious as to how Canadians will respond to this. 63 of their people are dead. And their deaths stem from a chain of events kicked off by Donald Trump's decision to kill Soleimani.

When I mentioned a few days ago that the Trump administration had probably not considered ALL of the possible outcomes or responses that possibly come from killing Soleimani, and this is one of them.

Old 01-10-2020, 09:15 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
63 people on that plane shot down were Canadian. And it's quite clear that Iran shot the plane down (although I believe it was accidentally) because of the high tensions in the region....due to Trump's airstrike and Iran's response with shelling of nearby American-friendly bases.

Curious as to how Canadians will respond to this. 63 of their people are dead. And their deaths stem from a chain of events kicked off by Donald Trump's decision to kill Soleimani.

When I mentioned a few days ago that the Trump administration had probably not considered ALL of the possible outcomes or responses that possibly come from killing Soleimani, and this is one of them.
I blame Obama for the deaths of those Canadians.

If he would have killed this terrorist back then, Trump wouldn’t have had to kill him now. And those Canadians would still be alive today.

On top of that, Obama gave them the money to fund the weapon system that took down the plane!

Damn you, Obama!

Old 01-10-2020, 09:15 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

Good lord folks....do you really think the iran army does not know the difference in a military jet and a airline passenger jet?

Yea, so they wanted to get back at trump, so they shot down a plane full of civilians, just to make trump look bad....

Really folks, you cannot make this stuff up!

I've heard and seen hate before, but the left/dems/libs have taken the trophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies