Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2020, 11:53 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
“ numb” Insults will get you nowhere.
Really? There is no Proof to the allegations that Trump is violating the Emoluments Clause. Here in my State of CT, Blumenthal , the Senator who misrepresented himself as a Vietnam Nam Veteran, a Yale Law School graduate, is one of Trump’s biggest critics on that subject and others . Over and over, as with during the Comey issues he has said” You are seeing Obstruction of Justice in Real Time” . Nothing has been proven.

Accusations of lying under Oath?. Not proven. Cohen’s Testimony was a disaster . He is nothing more than a crooked lying Lawyer, and was caught.

The Russian Hoax? Please. I went back and forth on another thread about the added Hoax regarding the hacking of the DNC. Never proven with actual evidence. Possibilities and Probabilities only. No definitive and , solid unsinkable evidence that Russia even hacked into the DNC Server , or Servers. The slam dunk is that if you or anyone suspects an injustice is being committed against you, that you have been wronged, either criminally, in a civil matter, the number one thing that you do is preserve evidence. Keep it intact. Throw up your hands and say, look, see ? Here it is. The Dems couldn’t , wouldn’t and didn’t do that. They “ cloned” the information, and let their Lawyers and Staff sift through it a couple of ties. Then they handed over the “ evidence” to the FBI. Nonsense.

Where in America is the supposed “ victim” allowed to control, possibly change , add to or doctor the evidence against their accuser? Then point the finger of legend guilt ? Nonsense.

Trump’s opinion vs actual actions ? Are you seriously trying to argue that ? What someone may say, vs what some others actually do?

Again, mere words? Who cares? Mere words can’t even be grounds for a physical response, unless it is a direct threat. If I was upset about all the things that have been said to and about me while I am in public, I would have sheltered down a long time ago. That’s just a personal observation.When you place yourself in the publi domain, it is expected and accepted .
Fair is an elusive concept. You may not think what Trump says is fair game. Others may not agree. Again, if you aren’t happy, vote for someone else.
The Dems are running out of candidates. Corey is now gone. Will he accuse his own Party of being racist, since the slate of Candidates is down to all white an an Asian ?
"Numb" not intended as insult but more a way to suggest you are seemingly ignoring what I've tried to explain before. I suppose that might seem insulting too, but I just call 'em the way I see 'em and hope no one has too thin a skin to respond in kind rather than get bent out of shape...

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be under the impression that criminal activity and/or wrong-doing needs to be proven before it can be investigated or actions taken to prevent wrong-doing. Preventing possible conflict of interest should only be taken after abuse is proven rather than beforehand. Am I close?

You want to similarly dismiss all proof, like Cohen's testimony, because it helped prove the case for obstruction of justice? Of course you can, but it wasn't a "disaster" other than for Trump, to reveal what was actually going on between Trump and his lawyer. Not all that far out of character from Trump's use of Cohen to pay off Stormy. Another "disaster" but all unworthy of fair or objective consideration far as you and Trump supporters are concerned.

A disaster something like John Dean's testimony was a "disaster" for Nixon...

Help me to understand why I should bother further...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
We already know that the Embassy was assaulted, which was quickly handled by Trump by immediately dispatching quick reaction security response teams, including Blackhawk Choppers.

This is precisely the type of response pleaded for but denied by the Obama/Clinton regime, leading to the murder of Ambassador Stevens and others in Benghazi.

Clearly, if I were a member of the US Diplomatic corps, stationed in dangerous regions, I would feel and be a lot safer with Trump at the wheel than either Obama or Clinton, or any of the clowns in the democrat party,
I don't think we're talking about the same thing or what Trump was talking about...

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense Secretary Mark Esper explicitly said Sunday that he had seen no hard evidence that four American embassies had been under possible threat when President Donald Trump authorized the targeting of Iran’s top commander, raising questions about the scale of the threat described by Trump last week."

https://apnews.com/5a168a5d8f560e928f3924f7af10f1d8

My point is that such hard evidence would or should also be accompanied with the additional security precautions you mention, at all four of these embassies. If not, think again about Trump vs the facts revolving around Hillary and the Benghazi embassy.

Good try and at least some facts to consider, but I think your confirmation bias is showing with respect to what facts you are picking and choosing to consider...

Old 01-13-2020, 12:12 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You two are littering this thread with childish back-and-forth that really belongs at the kiddie table. There are some adults trying to have an intelligent discussion here and as such, one can always ignore anyone's pokes, jabs and stupid little remarks if they want to. Right? Not that the back-and-forth isn't entertaining to others, but, well..., it's not.
Oh well, let a MOD decide....and I know you're not talking about you being an adult....

Old 01-13-2020, 12:30 PM

15,057 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Numb" not intended as insult but more a way to suggest you are seemingly ignoring what I've tried to explain before. I suppose that might seem insulting too, but I just call 'em the way I see 'em and hope no one has too thin a skin to respond in kind rather than get bent out of shape...

If I understand you correctly, you seem to be under the impression that criminal activity and/or wrong-doing needs to be proven before it can be investigated or actions taken to prevent wrong-doing. Preventing possible conflict of interest should only be taken after abuse is proven rather than beforehand. Am I close?

You want to similarly dismiss all proof, like Cohen's testimony, because it helped prove the case for obstruction of justice? Of course you can, but it wasn't a "disaster" other than for Trump, to reveal what was actually going on between Trump and his lawyer. Not all that far out of character from Trump's use of Cohen to pay off Stormy. Another "disaster" but all unworthy of fair or objective consideration far as you and Trump supporters are concerned.

A disaster something like John Dean's testimony was a "disaster" for Nixon...

Help me to understand why I should bother further...
You should not bother further .... if we want to hear this tripe, we need only tune into CNN or MSNBC for a nonstop, 24/7 endless dose.

But just to clarify, I strongly reject your rather loose interpretations of what constitutes “proof”, particularly as it pertains to ANYTHING that comes out of Cohen’s mouth, given the amount of evidence showing Cohen to be a proven liar, who is willing to say anything to save his own skin.

And its not like we don’t have a well demonstrated and transparent pattern of prosecutorial misconduct On the part of the Mueller investigation team, as they systematically targeted anyone tied to Trump, with the express purpose of finding or manufacturing any offense that could be used as an extortion scheme to force them to falsely testify against Trump. Flynn, Stone, Corsi, and others all refusing to lie, which led to the inability of Mueller to “uncover” the alleged collusion.

Anyone who has failed at this point to recognize the fraud being perpetrated not just against Trump, but indeed against the American people, is simply lost in their own biased and deranged minds, unlikely to ever regain rationality.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
You should not bother further .... if we want to hear this tripe, we need only tune into CNN or MSNBC for a nonstop, 24/7 endless dose.

But just to clarify, I strongly reject your rather loose interpretations of what constitutes “proof”, particularly as it pertains to ANYTHING that comes out of Cohen’s mouth, given the amount of evidence showing Cohen to be a proven liar, who is willing to say anything to save his own skin.

And its not like we don’t have a well demonstrated and transparent pattern of prosecutorial misconduct On the part of the Mueller investigation team, as they systematically targeted anyone tied to Trump, with the express purpose of finding or manufacturing any offense that could be used as an extortion scheme to force them to falsely testify against Trump. Flynn, Stone, Corsi, and others all refusing to lie, which led to the inability of Mueller to “uncover” the alleged collusion.

Anyone who has failed at this point to recognize the fraud being perpetrated not just against Trump, but indeed against the American people, is simply lost in their own biased and deranged minds, unlikely to ever regain rationality.
Is what Defense Secretary Mark Esper explains "tripe" as well far as you are concerned?

We are supposed to only consider what you want considered? And only your tripe?

Again nice try, but I'm sticking with the facts of these matters as explained by the likes of Esper. Much as I learn and admire from all the comments tossed about from all the esteemed arm chair experts like yourself.

Thanks for reminding me it's time to sign off from this think tank of an exchange and get on with doing something a little more productive...

Old 01-13-2020, 12:53 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
We already know that the Embassy was assaulted, which was quickly handled by Trump by immediately dispatching quick reaction security response teams, including Blackhawk Choppers.

This is precisely the type of response pleaded for but denied by the Obama/Clinton regime, leading to the murder of Ambassador Stevens and others in Benghazi.

Clearly, if I were a member of the US Diplomatic corps, stationed in dangerous regions, I would feel and be a lot safer with Trump at the wheel than either Obama or Clinton, or any of the clowns in the democrat party,
Imagine if Hillary was POTUS and this went down. She would have told all the American's over there to stand down. We'd be counting the numbers of American casualties this entire week and into the next. Those pictures of the bombed barracks in Iraq would have been full of human remains.

Meanwhile, the Iranian civilians are now protesting their own government for the downing of the civilian airlines flight over Tehran. But never fear, John "Mr. I'm my own Government" Kerry is on his way over there right now to convince the Iranians to blame President Trump instead.

Old 01-13-2020, 01:27 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
There is no evidence or indication of any kind that anyone in any of the four embassies received any warning that they were under an "imminent threat". If the "imminent threat" was real you'd think the embassies would have been warned. And if the embassies were warned you'd think the Trump administration would let it be made public that the embassies were in fact warned. What reason would the Trump administration have for concealing the giving out of a warning to the embassies?

Are you nuts? You don't disclose that embassies have been warned and tip off to the terrorists what you know so they can then adjust their attack plans accordingly.

Old 01-13-2020, 01:47 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Are you nuts? You don't disclose that embassies have been warned and tip off to the terrorists what you know so they can then adjust their attack plans accordingly.
Sure. But now that the alleged "imminent threat" has been eliminated why stonewall on whether or not the embassies had a heads up? Does it make sense for the administration to give the impression that our embassies are sitting ducks?

Old 01-13-2020, 02:00 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Sure. But now that the alleged "imminent threat" has been eliminated why stonewall on whether or not the embassies had a heads up? Does it make sense for the administration to give the impression that our embassies are sitting ducks?

The whole issue is a desperate play by Dems to find something to be critical about and Trump's only mistake is trying to defend taking out Soleimani in a way that would satisfy them. Trump's big weakness is he can't keep his mouth shut and he doesn't keep to the script. That's why his opponents want so bad to get him under oath for some reason, so they can keep asking him the same question and keep getting slightly different answers. He should have said "Soleimani was a very bad guy, he was behind a lot of attacks, we saw an opportunity to take him out and we took it." And when they howled and hollered about why now he should have said "Soleimani was a very bad guy, he was behind a lot of attacks, we saw an opportunity to take him out and we took it." And when they spit and sputtered and frothed at the mouth demanding a better justification he should have said "Soleimani was a very bad guy, he was behind a lot of attacks, we saw an opportunity to take him out and we took it."

Old 01-13-2020, 02:02 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
The whole issue is a desperate play by Dems to find something to be critical about and Trump's only mistake is trying to defend taking out Soleimani in a way that would satisfy them. Trump's big weakness is he can't keep his mouth shut and he doesn't keep to the script. That's why his opponents want so bad to get him under oath for some reason, so they can keep asking him the same question and keep getting slightly different answers. He should have said "Soleimani was a very bad guy, he was behind a lot of attacks, we saw an opportunity to take him out and we took it." And when they howled and hollered about why now he should have said "Soleimani was a very bad guy, he was behind a lot of attacks, we saw an opportunity to take him out and we took it." And when they spit and sputtered and frothed at the mouth demanding a better justification he should have said "Soleimani was a very bad guy, he was behind a lot of attacks, we saw an opportunity to take him out and we took it."
Behold: Donald Trump, the master of unforced errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies