Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 07:34 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....they were keen on spotting all those weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So if they say its so....damit...I am going to believe them
It is your solemn patriotic duty to believe them or else you do not love the country and do not support the troops!!! Please stop talking about George Orwell damit!!! (Sarcasm. How I wish it was not such an accurate portrayal of how many people in this country think and/or act)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 07:34 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
CNN to lead 3 days of Mourning......

What the hell was an Iranian terror general doing in Iraq?

Not smart on his behalf and very lazy to be near the airport with US Military helicopters nearby.

Because he thought he had immunity. As does Iran's religious council directing their proxy attacks. Let this be a message to them. We could decapitate Iranian leadership in 48 hours. And maybe we won't wait for "retaliatation" to do it.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:35 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,711 times
Default Reminds Me of the Shooting Down of Admiral Yamamoto

Yesterday’s successful, long-range, military operation of taking down a high level enemy military leader reminds me of the shooting down of Japan’s Admiral Yamamoto during WWII.

Only, more than 75 years later, it was done with unmanned, high-tech drone aircraft instead of human pilots flying fighter planes with extra fuel tanks and using maps.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:38 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
When both the foreign and domestic enemies of the US are upset about a group of terrorists being killed, you know it was the right thing.
Who are the domestic enemies if the YS? Are you accusing us of being fifth columnists just because we disagree with you on this? A character attack like that would warrant an apology.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:39 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Dont put your words in my mouth. It's dishonest.

Your words are dishonest. The words he put in your mouth were the honest ones.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:41 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Yes, because YOU have better intel than the DoD, the State Department, NSA and the CIA. I'm sure we're all very impressed lol
I just look for motive, means and opportunity. I don't trust what comes out of the pentagon. I don't know what is going on in the world and I will never have any way of KNOWING.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:42 AM

8,956 posts, read 2,553,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Who are the domestic enemies if the YS? Are you accusing us of being fifth columnists just because we disagree with you on this? A character attack lije would warrant an apology.
I think it's pretty clear that quite a few of our friends on the left are domestic enemies of the US. Is just how it is.

Some simply hate the country, others simply hate it when it isn't being run by Democrats. The end result is the same.

I don't think it's true of all of our friends on the left, but certainly quite a few.

13,602 posts, read 4,925,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats in essence have joined forces with terrorist, seeking to protect them, saying killing them is an act of war
This was not just killing some terrorist. He was a top general for Iran. Sort of like if another country assassinated Jim "Mad Dog" Mattis.

I'm not saying that Soleimani was a good guy and didn't deserve to die. However, this definitively IS an act of war. Trump should have at least conferred with Congress before committing us to another war in the Mideast.

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Good to see that Iraq and Afghanistan III will be fully approved by the same crowd that approved the first.

It's as if people didn't learn that "taking down Saddam" didn't do anything "great". They have learned none of the lessons of the ME over the past 70 years.

And, perhaps most disturbingly, they support the USA being in endless conflicts all over the world without any declaration of war or end game.

Americans were cheering at Shock and Awe.....just like on this thread. But then they go back to their TV's and Video Games when all the blowback occurs for decades afterwards.

The basic game is over. We lost. Killing one leader means nothing. There are literally millions of replacements.

I'm serious when asking this question. How do any of you possibly think that "taking out leaders" will accomplish something when we took out an entire deck of cards worth (52 for starters) in Iraq and it didn't do anything except make things worse?

Are y'all like Rambo "Will we get to win this time?". It's not happening, folks. China is eating our lunch while you cheer at a situation which is only being made worse.

One thing that even the most rabid Hawks understand now...maybe two:
1. You cannot win against the home team (Vietnam, etc.)
2. You need to have massive forces ON THE GROUND to even play the game.

So, which of you are signing up?

Literally the SAME people who said they voted for Trump because Hillary was a hawk....are now into more war. Amazing turnabout.

"Trump was an isolationist, until he wasn’t
Trump voters could be forgiven for wondering what happened to the Donald Trump who roared through the GOP primaries — and later the general election — by promising an America First foreign policy that would shrink the US role on the world stage and spend more money at home than abroad."

Old 01-03-2020, 07:43 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
The question I'm still waiting to hear answered.

Perhaps it has been elsewhere, but I haven't seen it yet.......

What was the head of the elite Iranian military force, and his entourage, doing at the Iraqi international airport?

I'm certain leftist, anti American apologists would have us believe it was to take a well deserved vacation from plotting the murder of more American, and/or western citizens.

CN
Seems obvious he was there visiting Iraq. Iraq and Iran are not enemies, and both have majority Shiite populations. Iran has lot of influence in Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies