Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 10:40 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could argue lot of people 'deserve' to be killed, but assassinations are not the solution to get rid of heads of states or their generals. If we were at war with a nation, then generals would be free game, but we are not at war.
Did you ever make one criticism here when Obama/Biden started 3 wars and moved 150,000 troops in Afghanistan? Did you ever offer up any condolences for the 10s of 1000s who died in those needless wars started by Obama/Biden. I'm guessing not, but feel free to prove me wrong on that one.

We know where this is coming from. You hate Trump. Trump kills them you critcize. Trump doesn't kill them, you criticize. It's called TDS and all of us here know you have it big time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Exactly: Soleimani was 'caught' near the scene of the crime - at Baghdad Airport, just a few miles away from the United States Embassy!

What was he doing there? Vacationing in the Green Zone?
A follow up question: What are we doing there?

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Right now... nothing has happened in the Middle East.

Sorry - this has nothing to do with impeachment. Intelligence was gathered, and an action was taken.

If nothing else - Trump has benefited from impeachment - so that claim is baseless.
No, nothing has happened as of yet. They'll have their time of mourning first. Trump needed a diversion from what is going on at home. I'll never be convinced otherwise.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:42 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No one here has the foggiest idea of who he was, nor would it matter if they did. We are just sent the bill and told it was necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They won a long time ago.
"They" have been after Iran for decades, but no one was biting. I'm getting tired of "they", and I'm tired of paying "their" bills.

And I'm Conservative. I refuse to allow "they" to tell me how to think and to whom I'm supposed to be blood thirsty against - because it's just like scoring a touch down at the high school homecoming game. Think of the accolades! We can pat ourselves on the back for yet again stupidly involving ourselves in this area of the world. "They" set this up a long, long, long time ago, and we continue to do their bidding. I'm over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
I guess you could say President Trump warned Iran. Bellicose isolationism

https://twitter.com/SebGorka/status/1212925485551931393
That tweet from Trump was posted in July 2018.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, nothing has happened as of yet. They'll have their time of mourning first. Trump needed a diversion from what is going on at home. I'll never be convinced otherwise.
I hired Trump, to take out Iran's top leaders, that have sworn death to America..

Old 01-03-2020, 10:43 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You could argue lot of people 'deserve' to be killed, but assassinations are not the solution to get rid of heads of states or their generals. If we were at war with a nation, then generals would be free game, but we are not at war.
I'm sorry. I should have clarified. He deserved to die. He was evil for sure. I think Trump made a misguided calculation though, and who the hell knows how it will affect us?

Old 01-03-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's bull. I know many OBama supporters/voters who did not support his decisions in the Middle East.,

Do you have any posts here where you state this about the Obama/Biden's 3 wars of choice and the Afghanistan Surge?

i.e. Talk is cheap.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
"They" have been after Iran for decades, but no one was biting. I'm getting tired of "they", and I'm tired of paying "their" bills.

And I'm Conservative. I refuse to allow "they" to tell me how to think and to whom I'm supposed to be blood thirsty against - because it's just like scoring a touch down at the high school homecoming game. Think of the accolades! We can pat ourselves on the back for yet again stupidly involving ourselves in this area of the world. "They" set this up a long, long, long time ago, and we continue to do their bidding. I'm over it.

That tweet from Trump was posted in July 2018.

Memo to our sworn enemies: The USA is under new management.

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
This guy had a bad reputation throughout the Middle East.

Because of TDS - he will probably be a martyr over here.

Soleimani Schemed Against America As His World Crumbled

According to the Pentagon, Soleimani was planning a major, imminent attack on American targets at the time of his demise.

President Trump demonstrated Friday that America possesses superior intelligence. The attack could only disabuse Tehran of the illusion that Mr. Trump is a paper tiger. Yet, it was Soleimani’s life project to build Iran’s strength by mobilizing regional proxies, rather than Iran’s own army, to strike when he so commanded.

Yet his go-to terror proxy, Hezbollah, is now widely despised in Lebanon. Blood-soaked Syrians are similarly appalled by Soleimani’s foreign militias that kept their butcher in chief, Bashar Assad, in power. Yemenis similarly suffer, and even in Gaza, where Soleimani recently made some inroads, many secretly rue his tactic of propping up militias while bonding them in blind loyalty to Tehran.

Hundreds of thousands were killed in these countries in recent years as a direct result of Soleimani’s activity. He was responsible for the death of hundreds of Yanks as well. Yet things started deteriorating even in neighboring Iraq. In November 2018 Shiite civilians burned pictures of Basra’s Soleimani-installed governor, Asaad al-Eidani. A year later protest spread from the oil-rich but water-parched south to the rest of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm sorry. I should have clarified. He deserved to die. He was evil for sure. I think Trump made a misguided calculation though, and who the hell knows how it will affect us?
If you truly believe this, then how about letting the Commander in Chief do his job with the information that he has, instead of armchair quarter backing based on political bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies