Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 01:58 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
So at 19 you can chop your penis off but you can't smoke a cigarette.
I would personally not recommend doing it yourself though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 02:03 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know who this Jazz girl is but she was a he at one time and she is only 19? I cannot imagine making such a life altering decision at such a young age.

Maybe just because a boy can become a physical girl these days through an operation doesn't mean we should be doing it. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.
At least she/he was given that choice. We have people practicing genital mutilation on babies, either be it circumcision or FGM, mostly done when they are babies and have no say in the matter.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:10 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
At least she/he was given that choice. We have people practicing genital mutilation on babies, either be it circumcision or FGM, mostly done when they are babies and have no say in the matter.
I think that depends on how you define choice. This child's parents have been pushing the TG agenda since the child was 3 or 5 y old, hawked her out on radio and tv shows. This child, I mean, the family, was given a reality show. Are mom and dad working? Does the family rely on the income the tv show gives them?

The child was not given a chance to 'grow out of it.'

80% of children grow out of it.

Let me rephrase: 80% of children who have no therapy, drugs or surgery grow out of it. Once parents invest and support and push TG? The kids do not grow out of it. Most likely because of the continued reinforcement and parental expectations. Because, well, they are CHILDREN.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:21 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
I would have never heard of this person if you hadn't of started a thread about them.

Thanks for that. Or not.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Attention?

She is the star of a reality tv program, has been featured in commercials and is one the famous figures for the TG movement.

Of course it was done for ATTENTION.

What's going to happen when the next 10 y old gets a TV show and replaces this child as the IT celeb for TG? What will this child do then when aaaaaaaaaallllll the attention goes away???
You really have zero clue what is in her mind and in her heart and her reasoning for surgery.

I'm guessing you are not a qualified psychologist/psychiatrist/therapist/etc.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:28 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,130,139 times
It's great that the surgery was successful and Jazz is happy---but I do get confused by some of this stuff. It's "gender confirmation/reassignment surgery" making someone who was biologically a male into a female and vice versa (at least with externals---can't do much about the chromosomes and some people don't get all the internal organs out). But those who support people changing their gender also support the opinion that gender is nonbinary and fluid---so it is somewhat contradictory to view someone like Jazz as now female if there is no such thing as being truly male or female. It also strikes me as ironic that transgendered people will dress and present themselves as very stereotypically traditionally male or female (like most transgendered females always wear dresses, whereas many of us who were born female never wear them). Again, if the whole thing is to break out of rigid roles, why buy into women having to wear dresses and heels as if it's 1950?

Old 01-03-2020, 02:38 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Good lord, I don't sit around worried to death over what strangers do with their bodies, things I wouldn't want to do in a million years.
Pretty much this -- 100% agree!

Maybe it makes some folks feel better about themselves by putting someone else down. Maybe it makes them happy to feel like they are better than someone else. I pretty much am a consenting adults should do what they want as long as it does not physically hurt anyone else.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:39 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Exactly how does anything like this affect anyone else? It doesn't. Why do you care? I don't.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:09 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
OK, I feel very sorry for this person.........a change in gender is impossible.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:20 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
To most of what is in this thread:

I'm curious about those scars, personally. I know a number of trans people who have had bottom surgery, who didn't wind up with scars on their thighs, let alone anything like that. I admit to a mild curiosity as to what procedure caused them, why that happened...I mean, I think everyone is just supposed to assume that the surgery to remove the boy-parts would cause such a thing, but I'm telling you from people I know very well and see in various stages of undress semi-regularly...that's not a normal part of this sort of surgery. At all.

But I'm not curious (or is it nosy?) enough to go research the matter.

At least she isn't posting detailed descriptions of her dilation process. The trans gals I know have done so. Ya'll would have fits of the vapors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies