Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2020, 04:24 PM

9 posts, read 7,442 times

Advertisements

Initiative I-976 was supposed to take effect on Dec. 5, 2019, where Washington State drivers would pay $30 for their car tabs, plus a few assorted general fees for administration. Thanks to ONE JUDGE, a liberal King County person, he put a block against what the people voted for so that the new law would not take effect until its language was hashed out in court, which could drag on for months.

In other words, one person overrode the will of the people with his own selfish motives. Politicians put their own salaries first. When a new bill that the people elected takes effect, especially one that cuts taxes, politicians, especially liberals, fear they will not get their pay raise. Shame on them.

What is the state of affairs with government today where ONE PERSON can override the will of the people? Washington State.

All the people that were counting on $30 car tabs as they voted cannot have them because the people against it said it was "unconstitutional." What they did was challenge the outcome of the vote of the people because it did not go the liberals' way.

Things like this have me considering seriously moving to a Republican state, where they don't keep dreaming up new ways to keep wage-earners in poverty. The liberals always have a tax plan to take our money so they can pad their own checking accounts, and sooner or later, they will pay for their greed.

I hope that one day there will be no more liberal party, only independents and republicans, who always favor less government is better. Right now, I am looking to move east, away from the tax heavy state, with its cash surplus in excess of $2 billion that they don't want the rest of the residents to know about. Any ideas where a cook or a baker could make a decent living and not have his paycheck gobbled up by taxes and car tabs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2020, 04:27 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
I moved to WA because taxes are so much better here than out east... Just not the Seattle area. Vancouver WA, with no income tax, low property tax, and sales tax free shopping across the river is a pretty good tax haven.

Old 01-04-2020, 04:28 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Matty View Post
Right now, I am looking to move east, away from the tax heavy state, with its cash surplus in excess of $2 billion that they don't want the rest of the residents to know about. Any ideas where a cook or a baker could make a decent living and not have his paycheck gobbled up by taxes and car tabs?
Mississippi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies